Little Mix's 'Sweet Melody' surpasses Spice Girls' 'Wannabe' and becomes the 2nd longest reigning song by a girl group in the UK Top 10 ever

Slayer

Congrats, but we gotta agree that wannabe is iconic song still played today; not so sure that the Little Mix will have the same impact. 

similarly to how 3 or HIAM are technically better performing songs that Slave.... but slave is a much bigger culture impact 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Ok I love sweet melodies, but wannabe was life changing when it came out. I guess records aren’t made to be broken, but I’m shook. And I love All Saints/Never Ever, but I can’t believe it’s #1. Oh well, all three songs and groups are great, I just don’t think the other 2 are half as iconic as wannabe 

I definitely think Wannabe is the most iconic, I say this as a Little Mix stan! (Although I prefer SM but i'm biased) :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I think it just shows that Little Mix have such a strong and loyal fanbase and the GP really love them even after 10 years - I think it's mainly because people grew up with them and we watched them form on X Factor UK in 2011 and have seen how far they've come :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: Plus they are all just so sweet!

I really think Spice Girls & Little Mix are the biggest girl groups to ever come out of the UK.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, bmakrides said:

Meanwhile America continues to sleep on this bop for who knows what reason? Guess we are all focused on getting our boring drivers licenses or something. 

I swear to god they need to be properly promoted in the US :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap::makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

They are missing out on their talent and amazing performances 

source.gif

The reason why this song still charting is because:

1) It sounds different from any other basic pop song right now *urgh

2) It has catchy chorus that you can singing along with. Of course I love to sing a long while I’m driving but I’m not gonna sing a song about having driver’s license whatsoever

3) The dance, periodt.

4) The vocal 100 percent!

• Love 2

The other two came from pure sales. 

Wannabe spent 7 weeks at #1, so 5 weeks in top ten plus 7 at #1. ..

Good for them, plus lets remind everybody.  Sweet melody was the only non Christmas song to be in the UK top ten during Christmas time. 

While some haters say, the success of the song was due to Jesy leaving  

Those were kylie fans who couldn't understand how they won the battle over Disco. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block