Little Mix's 'Sweet Melody' surpasses Spice Girls' 'Wannabe' and becomes the 2nd longest reigning song by a girl group in the UK Top 10 ever

Slayer

Very impressive! The song is still in the Top 10 in the UK despite being released in October 2020 - nearly a decade into their career and they did that! :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud: Sweet Melody became their 5th UK Number 1 earlier this year in January.

It extends their record as their longest running Top 10 single of all time. It has now exceeded Spice Girl’s ‘Wannabe’ and is now the second-longest running Top 10 single by a girl group in the U.K. 

It is also now tied for their longest running Top 20 single of all time. 

Sweet Melody is already certified Gold and as of Jan 29th 2021 has sold at least 409,535 units in the UK.

All Saints' 'Never Ever' currently holds the record of being the longest reigning song in the Top 10 for the most weeks by a girl group.

Currently:

1) All Saints - Never Ever - 15 weeks in the Top 10

2) Little Mix - Sweet Melody - 13 weeks in the Top 10 and counting..

3) Spice Girls - Wannabe - 12 weeks in the Top 10

little-mix-spice-girls.thumb.jpg.18fa58cbab03e0e29d3274e57fe31030.jpg

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

Yes, our queens continue to dominate! Sweet Melody is such a bop, ill never get tired of it.

I wonder what their next single will be, I'd love a new video from them!

I think the Confetti era is over :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: R.I.P to all the potential singles!

Them and their label seem to be teasing a new song, people think it is called 'Diamonds'

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block