Does Britney still eat cheese grits?

Exaholic

1 hour ago, Exaholic said:

Okay, my cooking class is now in session.

swedish chef cooking GIF

First you need to purchase some grits - I use Quakers quick 5-minute grits for easiness but there are other types out there.

Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan and add 1/4 cup of grits to the water once briskly boiling. Lower to a medium-low heat, cover and leave to thicken for 3-4 minutes. If using a different type of grits this may take longer, but you are looking for the grits to soften and absorb into the water, so you get a porridge-like consistency.

Stir in some cheese to the grits - in Scotland I use grated mature cheddar cheese, but my cousins in the south use Velveeta cheese. You can use whatever cheese you can get but it’s best to use a cheese with a strong flavour. You can also mix in some cooked, chopped bacon at this point for cheese and bacon grits.

Add a dash of salt, sprinkle with some pepper (I sometimes throw in some Tabasco sauce at this point too) and serve in a bowl or as a side at breakfast time.

You can also experiment with other stuff instead of cheese, some people like a little bit of butter in them or you can substitute some of the water for vegetable or chicken stock which tastes good if you have grits as a side with meat.

People eat that for breakfast? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

I'll give it a try

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived