Does Britney still eat cheese grits?

Exaholic

cheese-grits-18.jpg

I had some this morning for breakfast, and it got me thinking about that clip in For The Record where Jamie makes her cheese grits for breakfast with some plastic cheese (and probably a sedative) crushed up inside....

I know she supposedly gave these up a while ago - but since she isn’t working and doesn’t have to be in shape 24/7 anymore, I wonder if Britney ever treats herself to a bowl of her once-favourite breakfast “cheese grits.”

I have cousins who stay in the south and they also love a big bowl of Velveeta-infused grits which they got me addicted to when I went to stay with them in the summer of 2007 and my visits thereafter. It wasn’t until the following year when FTR aired that I realised that Britney also loved them.

I have to get grits imported from them in a care package from time to time to replicate it in Scotland (as they aren’t easily available in the UK) but it’s totally worth it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Exaholic said:

cheese-grits-18.jpg

I had some this morning for breakfast, and it got me thinking about that clip in For The Record where Jamie makes her cheese grits for breakfast with some plastic cheese (and probably a sedative) crushed up inside allegedly....

I know she supposedly gave these up a while ago - but since she isn’t working and doesn’t have to be in shape 24/7 anymore, I wonder if Britney ever treats herself to a bowl of her once-favourite breakfast “cheese grits.”

I have cousins who stay in the south and they also love a big bowl of Velveeta-infused grits which they got me addicted to when I went to stay with them in the summer of 2007 and my visits thereafter. It wasn’t until the following year when FTR aired that I realised that Britney also loved them.

I have to get grits imported from them in a care package from time to time to replicate it in Scotland (as they aren’t easily available in the UK) but it’s totally worth it.

Fixed

7 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

I hope not. Cheese is literally so bad for the human body and digestion system, overall. It’s basically like putting mold into your gut. I'm sure it tastes good though. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

It does, and there are worse things you can put in your body than cheese...

Britney’s a smoker, for one.

3 hours ago, AreYouReady said:

What is that? How do you make that? Recipe please:lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Okay, my cooking class is now in session.

swedish chef cooking GIF

First you need to purchase some grits - I use Quakers quick 5-minute grits for easiness but there are other types out there.

Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan and add 1/4 cup of grits to the water once briskly boiling. Lower to a medium-low heat, cover and leave to thicken for 3-4 minutes. If using a different type of grits this may take longer, but you are looking for the grits to soften and absorb into the water, so you get a porridge-like consistency.

Stir in some cheese to the grits - in Scotland I use grated mature cheddar cheese, but my cousins in the south use Velveeta cheese. You can use whatever cheese you can get but it’s best to use a cheese with a strong flavour. You can also mix in some cooked, chopped bacon at this point for cheese and bacon grits.

Add a dash of salt, sprinkle with some pepper (I sometimes throw in some Tabasco sauce at this point too) and serve in a bowl or as a side at breakfast time.

You can also experiment with other stuff instead of cheese, some people like a little bit of butter in them or you can substitute some of the water for vegetable or chicken stock which tastes good if you have grits as a side with meat.

Archived