Destiny's child's Nasty girl, 20 years later. it's aged badly

Spicechinodiva

For Beyonce to be such a feminist. 

2001's Nasty Girl, raises raises eyebrows in today's culture. ..

Lyrically it's basically about a girl who is loose, well known reputation for being easy, sleazy, classless and trashy. 

Even the video is now problematic. 

A white women is dressed as the girl the song describes and it's actually also very seist.

One part of the song beyonce says, she should be ashamed of herself as she hurts women who tries hard to have integrity and morals around their name. 

For me, it was the fact it sampled a huge club hit called Tarzan that sold the song. 

Also in 2001, it was at a time where shaming was acceptable then it is now. 

Honestly, I never thought I would say Beyonce actually did a song that aged badly cos of the culture and the time of modern day society. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Music nowadays is all about being the virginal *****; never been with a man, but know every way to please him. It's such a fine line to walk, I'm not surprised little girls are all messed up nowadays.

That was music 20 years ago. Not today.:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Nowadays it’s either about stunting some fake *****/*** or pretending to be depressed. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

1 hour ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

That was music 20 years ago. Not today.:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Nowadays it’s either about stunting some fake *****/*** or pretending to be depressed. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

It's still around today. Look at WAP. Cardi made an empowering bop about being a ho, but when her daughter walked in on her rapping it on Instagram live, she turned it off because "little girls should be little girls". It's good parenting, but a mixed message to her fans, because like it or not, a lot of little girls listen to Cardi. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: The virginal ***** complex is still very much a factor in today's music. Even if a lot of it nowadays is more geared towards flossing or depression.

8 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Booty all out, tongue out her mouth
Cleavage from here to Mexico
She walks wit a twist, one hand on her hip
When she gets wit'cha she lets it go
Nasty put some clothes on, you look to' down
Nasty don't know why you, will not sit down

1cceae2bc91228e6a33a730df830ba01.jpg

she is talk about herself :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: karma is a ***** :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

He Monica lewinsky all over her gown, ya nasty gurllll 

I bought this CD back when I was 9 years old in 2001 and I HATED the song back then. Even as an adolescent I was able to recognize it’s misogynistic tone and hateful lyricism. I don’t know how they were able to release it as a single and release a music video for it without anybody from the label or mgmt speaking up against it?? 

On 2/5/2021 at 1:22 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

It's still around today. Look at WAP. Cardi made an empowering bop about being a ho, but when her daughter walked in on her rapping it on Instagram live, she turned it off because "little girls should be little girls". It's good parenting, but a mixed message to her fans, because like it or not, a lot of little girls listen to Cardi. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: The virginal ***** complex is still very much a factor in today's music. Even if a lot of it nowadays is more geared towards flossing or depression.

Well the song is not only about ***uality, it is really explicit so it's normal she does not want her daughter to listen to it. The things about "girls listen to cardio b so she sends mixed messages" is the same thing people blamed britney of, and as she said she was not responsible for the fact that "little girls could take example of her". Plus I can understand the fact that the question was raised for britney (not that I agree) because she did appealed to a younger audience before and transitioned quiet quickly. Cardi's music had always been like that.

Archived