Shania Twain Reminisces on How Britney Spears Inspired Her: 'I Sing Along to Her Records'

rennen

Shania Twain praised Britney Spears in her new episode of Home Now Radio on Apple Music Thursday (Feb. 4) and how the pop star's Vegas residency inspired Twain's.

"'Hit me baby one more time.' Oh yeah. Britney Spears," the country-pop icon mused. "I don't sound like her, but I sing along to her records."

She saw Spears perform a couple of times during her first residency Britney: Piece of Me from 2013 to 2017 at the Zappos Theater, where Twain ended up for her second residency Let's Go! starting in 2019.

"I loved the room. I thought her show was great and I was motivated to get on that same stage, so her show inspired me a lot. It was a fantastic show," the "You're Still the One" singer continued.

But the Zappos Theater venue for their Vegas residencies isn't the only thing that ties the two together. Twain also recalled co-writing "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" for Spears' Billboard 200 No. 1 sophomore album Oops!... I Did It Again.

While feeling inspired by Spears, Twain also remembered feeling impressed by Avril Lavigne, whom she discovered after the then-15-year-old won a contest in 1999 to perform onstage with Twain in their Canadian motherland.

"I first met Avril when she was a tween. She won a singing contest to come perform with me on stage, when I was on tour in Canada," she recalled. "This little girl came up and was so impressive. And she said that her dream was to become a singer and that's what she did. Really awesome. I'm proud of her."

Listen to the full episode of Twain's Home Radio Now on Apple Music at 11 a.m. PT here.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/9521187/shania-twain-britney-spears-inspiration/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Shania being flawless, as usual. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived