Despite lack of US Promo by Columbia records. Little mix has two albums in the top 200 Streamed album's on apple music us.

Spicechinodiva

It's no secret, Columbia records refuses to promote Little mix in the states..

This states back to a promo trip where the girls was told to flirt and be **** in front of radio programmers and such. 

Since the girls said no, Columbia treated them as just a distribution deal thx to Simon Cowell's Label. 

While their first five albums debuted in the US Billboard top 40, their first 3 albums made the girls, the first British girl group to have 3 US Top 20 albums,  plus DNA debuted at #4, breaking a 16 year record by the Spice girls when Spice Debuted at #6 back in 1997

However Spice, went to #1 in the US and ended being the only girl group album in Billboard history to end up being the year ends top album of a calendar year and winning the girls several BBMAs based on chart achievements. 

Little mix, was told  like any other girl group from the UK. Told they are unmarketable in the US. 

Confetti became their lowest charting album in the US, peaking at #85, this is due to no CD was made for local Distribution,  since it was sold as a physical via import.

Billboard's rules stated any import music is denied from charting..

But congrats girls on being part of the top 200 pop streaming albums. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alxatc said:

Being from the US I can’t really see them being popular here... 

Honestly I’ve tried getting into their songs but they all sound kinda basic to me :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: 

I agree with the part of them not standing a chance in the US, mostly because of the dire taste of the GP there tho :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think they sound basic because since there’s 4 of them (well now only 3) it’s hard to connect the lyrics to the people behind them, even though they write their own songs just like any other solo artists

Gloves Up from their new album is an absolute bop and you should listen to it :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

11 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Of course their album is doing well; they used Jesy's departure last year to drum up interest in their discography. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

Jesy left AFTER the album came out so that's obviously not the case, no need to hate!

They do extremely well elsewhere, unfortunately they are not big in the US. Their album was one of the biggest selling albums of the year in the UK and the best selling album in the first week by a British Act in 2020!

3 hours ago, Overprotected Angel said:

I agree with the part of them not standing a chance in the US, mostly because of the dire taste of the GP there tho :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think they sound basic because since there’s 4 of them (well now only 3) it’s hard to connect the lyrics to the people behind them, even though they write their own songs just like any other solo artists

Gloves Up from their new album is an absolute bop and you should listen to it :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

I don’t think the US general public has dire taste... I just think we like to hear new sounds and styles. Listening to Gloves Up right now, and it just doesn’t sound like anything I haven’t heard before. The voices are nothing unique or interesting n my opinion. I personally appreciate artists with voices that stand out. Not saying they aren’t talented though. 

Archived