Jump to content

Morgan Wallen's record label dropped him in light of him using the "N" word in a leaked video


Recommended Posts

  • Super Mods
On 2/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, IForgotYouExisted said:

Ah sweet old cancel culture and dubble standards.

What about Migos and their homophobic comments?

What about nearly ever rapper from the 00's with homophobic comments?

What about body shaming like Azalea Banks who almost literally called Lana Del Rey fat?

I mean it's not okay to say N* but it is to call people **** and fat? Nice to know what we are worth.

A black person saying fa**ot is okay but beware of a white person saying N****.

As a gay man, calling someone a fa**ot is NOT the same as what you’re implying. You sound like you’re mad at black people, but his label, the country music academies and awards shows are the ones cancelling him. Last time I checked, they’re predominantly white people running the show in that industry. Morgan will be fine at the end of the day. His supporters are doing everything in their power to keep his music charting. Most likely also people who keep that word in their routine vocabulary 

  • Love 4

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to comment
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

As a gay man, calling someone a fa**ot is NOT the same as what you’re implying. You sound like you’re mad at black people, but his label, the country music academies and awards shows are the ones cancelling him. Last time I checked, they’re predominantly white people running the show in that industry. Morgan will be fine at the end of the day. His supporters are doing everything in their power to keep his music charting. Most likely also people who keep that word in their routine vocabulary 

For saying I want the same justice with the word f.ggot as N**** I am mad at black people??? Both words hurt, both are used to discriminate and put people down. So it only makes sense it should be banned too.

I am mad at people who get away with homophobic comments and slurs but if a person says the N word they get dropped immediately. There's still too much injustice left towards the lgbtqia+ community!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

For saying I want the same justice with the word f.ggot as N**** I am mad at black people??? Both words hurt, both are used to discriminate and put people down. So it only makes sense it should be banned too.

I am mad at people who get away with homophobic comments and slurs but if a person says the N word they get dropped immediately. There's still too much injustice left towards the lgbtqia+ community!

I agree that more needs to be done to punish people discriminating against us. I also think had this video surfaced after a decade or so when Morgan was a teenager, I would say all of this is out of control. The only reason I gave Camila a chance was because she was a dumb teenager (yes, I know even teenagers are accountable for their actions) and has done everything to try and make amends. Morgan’s incident as an almost 30 YO man last week shows that this isn’t the first time he’s uttered that word. He was bound to get caught one day and he finally got caught. I’m not happy because I listened to his music prior to this, but I’m very disappointed in his behavior 

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to comment
1 minute ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

For saying I want the same justice with the word f.ggot as N**** I am mad at black people??? Both words hurt, both are used to discriminate and put people down. So it only makes sense it should be banned too.

I am mad at people who get away with homophobic comments and slurs but if a person says the N word they get dropped immediately. There's still too much injustice left towards the lgbtqia+ community!

All hateful and bigoted language is bad. It's not a competition.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Sia said:

You can call me weird, I'll call you WEAK...

I mean, since to you there is no spectrum when it comes to bullying or saying the wrong thing, let's just cancel anyone who has ever said something hurtful to another human being REGARDLESS of the circumstance. So while we're at it, let's cancel Britney. I recall her calling a paparazzi a "fat ****"...I mean how could she say something so mean and degrading to an overweight person? Ugh the nerve of her...she clearly is all about body shaming. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

 

Oh, sweetheart lemme hug you real quick. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: That's one intelligent argument you're making there. 

 

There's simply no arguing with the mob. Burn, loot, cancel... Yet we're the racists. :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now that I've had a few days to reflect on this, I feel like cancel culture is too inconsistent for its own good. As bad as racism is, why is this Morgan Wallen guy potentially being dropped from his label for saying the n-word while drunk, meanwhile there are sex offender sympathizers and enablers in the music industry who aren't canceled and are actually thriving? Is inebriated racism really worse than say, marrying a known sex offender/rapist/murderer? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I fully agree with those saying cancel culture is going too far. Isn't it ironic that Black and partly Black artists are allowed to repeatedly use the N-word in so many songs, but it is such a scandal if a non-Black artist does so in a song or in a drunken conversation? I understand Black artists use it in their songs as a term of endearment or as reappropriation, but still...

Just days ago, Marilyn Manson was being, when innocent until proven guilty, cancelled, dropped by his label and the Creative Artists Agency, and now Morgan Wallen? I suspect some form of jealousy behind all of these cancellations.

Keep in mind Britney was once accused of ***ual harassment by a disgruntled former bodyguard, and there was a settlement. Should Britney have been deemed guilty and cancelled over that? After all, Fernando Flores was an alleged victim, right? I hope I'm making sense.

@GMFlop

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I fully agree with those saying cancel culture is going too far. Isn't it ironic that Black and partly Black artists are allowed to repeatedly use the N-word in so many songs, but it is such a scandal if a non-Black artist does so in a song or in a drunken conversation? I understand Black artists use it in their songs as a term of endearment or as reappropriation, but still...

Just days ago, Marilyn Manson was being, when innocent until proven guilty, cancelled, dropped by his label and the Creative Artists Agency, and now Morgan Wallen? I suspect some form of jealousy behind all of these cancellations.

Keep in mind Britney was once accused of ***ual harassment by a disgruntled former bodyguard, and there was a settlement. Should Britney have been deemed guilty and cancelled over that? After all, Fernando Flores was an alleged victim, right? I hope I'm making sense.

@GMFlop

say what now :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Please explain the “irony” to me cause what I’m seeing right now is an attempt to make the argument that if white people can’t do something then no else can? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Overprotected Angel said:

say what now :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Please explain the “irony” to me cause what I’m seeing right now is an attempt to make the argument that if white people can’t do something then no else can? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Just reading through the reviews on iTunes makes so much sense. “If Cardi B can run around like she does then Morgan can talk to HIS buddies how he wants in HIS own property” and “if we are going to cancel Morgan then let’s cancel all the rappers who say the n word #IstandwithMorgan” :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: Trumpanzees have elected a new Lord and Savior :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

  • Love 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Just reading through the reviews on iTunes makes so much sense. “If Cardi B can run around like she does then Morgan can talk to HIS buddies how he wants in HIS own property” and “if we are going to cancel Morgan then let’s cancel all the rappers who say the n word #IstandwithMorgan” :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed: Trumpanzees have elected a new Lord and Savior :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Trumpanzees omg :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

It’s almost like white people just can’t help themselves and they feel the urge to say the n-word if they see black people saying it. So black people should stop saying it because it’s too much of a hassle for white people to control themselves and not say it :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

 

I wish white people defending their right to say the n-word would fight half as hard to end world hunger or inequality :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
22 hours ago, TedTwice said:

Oh, sweetheart lemme hug you real quick. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: That's one intelligent argument you're making there. 

 

There's simply no arguing with the mob. Burn, loot, cancel... Yet we're the racists. :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

People call you racist often, sweetie? :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

For saying I want the same justice with the word f.ggot as N**** I am mad at black people??? Both words hurt, both are used to discriminate and put people down. So it only makes sense it should be banned too.

I am mad at people who get away with homophobic comments and slurs but if a person says the N word they get dropped immediately. There's still too much injustice left towards the lgbtqia+ community!

It's hard, lesbians rarely get attacked.  

 

And it's because straight man allowed that to become a fantasy and ***ualized it. 

 

As long as straight man finds two guys kissing,  in bed disgusting,  I'm sorry we Will never win, cos homophobia towards gay men gets taught at home more than lesbians..

 

I'm being honest even in conservative towns lesbians are more accepted than gay men 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block