Framing Britney Spears director: “It was hard to get anyone to talk”

Was there anything you didn’t include that you wish made it in the documentary?

This could be a six-hour series. I heard a lot of these incredible stories from fans who were gay boys growing up with her and this idea that she was criticized for her ***uality from a young age and was rebellious throughout her career after that. A lot of the loudest voices in the Free Britney movement are gay men who were boys when she was becoming popular. I found that very moving.

Anyone else low key get a little teary reading that part? 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Wow. She really captured what it felt and feels like being a Britney fan. It was so sweet to see it articulated so well. Only 4 days left hennies! 

Right!! When she said that I was like oh my goodness that is literally how I feel about her! Like shes my sister or something!

• Like 2

I just hope that this doc sheds some new light onto the whole situation. We don‘t need a compilation of everything we know so far. Cause there are already great docs about it on youtube. I hope there is some spark that lights a fire under everyones ***es.

But I‘m still very excited that this is happening. We need all exposure we can get from every form of media.

13 minutes ago, CherryChang said:

Right!! When she said that I was like oh my goodness that is literally how I feel about her! Like shes my sister or something!

Yes, like the majority of Britney fans grew up with her experiencing a lot of the same things at the same time like when she first debuted she was the innocent teen and then growing up some and rebelling a bit and wanting to express yourself instead of being told what to do.

And welcome!  I see it is your first post.  I am kind of new too joining in December.  Have fun!

• Like 1

I see. Basically she says that this documentary isnt for the fans but for people to open their eyes to who Britney is, what was done to her and how things are now. I dont expect any scoops or relevant information to the case but just a general explanation that will help bring the light to casual audience. Im exicted and confident this documentary will do whatever its meant to do. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Hungry Hun said:

I see. Basically she says that this documentary isnt for the fans but for people to open their eyes to who Britney is, what was done to her and how things are now. I dont expect any scoops or relevant information to the case but just a general explanation that will help bring the light to casual audience. Im exicted and confident this documentary will do whatever its meant to do. 

no but to have a direct credible source for some of these things is amazing. I've always said that Britney had huge influence in creating her image. Not even as little as 3 months ago I had this huge in depth discussion with someone who I could just not convince that Britney did have influence and input, no matter the receipts I showed. It was terrible, I busted out Max Martin quotes, David LaChapelle, etc etc but he just didn't care. "Of course they'll speak well of her, but that doesn't mean she actually did it. Gaga for example has a book so because of that we know what she's done". In hindsight, he's obviously a dumb idiot that I shouldn't have wasted time on, but it's the dumb idiots that need the clearest explanation, and I'm glad we're getting that with this

• Love 4
On 2/2/2021 at 10:43 AM, Slave4yew said:

I heard a lot of these incredible stories from fans who were gay boys growing up with her and this idea that she was criticized for her ***uality from a young age and was rebellious throughout her career after that. A lot of the loudest voices in the Free Britney movement are gay men who were boys when she was becoming popular. I found that very moving.

Very relatable, truly a moving statement. I hope that I can watch the documentary in Canada (does anyone know where, please hook me up!)

See the source image

On 02/02/2021 at 10:55 PM, Britman512 said:

I believed the reason was because of fear of persecution from team con and legal reasons, I doubt fans will give backlash for people speaking honest for once about Britney and her life

Its like when Courtney Love said she tried to gather some lawyers for Britney and none of them wanted to be involved, to fight for her freedom. 

9 hours ago, toysoldier88 said:

I'm glad for this doc but it looks like we'll have more questions and no answers :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: 

Yeah. I'm excited and this was a good interview and they seem like their hearts in the right place

I see a lot of "and our (i.e. public's) complicity in her breakdown" in taglines for this, and I agree, but I hope that aspect won't be the focus and instead her current situation.

• Like 1