Framing Britney Spears director: “It was hard to get anyone to talk”

7 minutes ago, Arthurfleck said:

My only worry is that the documentary wont take a side and leave an open question regarding this obviously disgusting situation.

I feel like it will open the viewers eyes to seeing why we should support Britney through this and more documentaries/coverage will follow. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

The director sounds so invested in this that it is incredible to have this happening!  Britney fans are the best!  Getting the Free Britney movement started has opened other avenues for us to be heard.

It is correct this could be a six part series.  Other documentaries are definitely coming and hopefully what one doesn't touch on, the others will.  I wish we could have had this happen years ago.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

I also find it interesting that they had trouble getting people to talk I think a small reason for that is again the fans just need to stop attacking people the minute someone comes out and tries to talk about something related to Britney in regards to this conservatorship fans go on the attack  and start bashing and dragging people so quickly it’s no wonder why so many don’t want to talk the fans just need to calm down! 

no❤️

6 hours ago, Slave4yew said:

“No one was helping her because there was too much money to be made off her suffering”

Whoah........

This will be super interesting to watch!

However, I'd like to point out that as much as Britney was in control of her image as a teenager (which makes her so powerful and relatable, and no true fan ever questioned), she WAS most definitely marketed in a ***ualized way too. One thing doesn't hinder the other. I'll always make you guys remember this: when you open the "...Baby" CD booklet (it's basically a foldable poster), the first thing you see is Britney's CROTCH. That was definitely intentional, graphic design takes into account every single detail. Also, in the international version of the cover of the album you can also see two straight lines in each of her eyes, resembling a cat's eyes, which makes her look super ****...even though she's in a praying gesture. I'm sure she didn't ask for that at 17 years old, that was done by her team alone. Also, she was born in the south, don't you guys have this strong pageant culture down there? That ***ualizes girls from a young age, Britney was born around that. So I wish this director isn't as silly or biased as to say r show that it was all Britney because that's not true, it's a cultural thing too, besides concrete management decisions.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing this documentary if anything if they don’t go too deep into certain aspects of the conservatorship or discuss things many fans want to be talked about, I think this will open the door to possibly more people to come out and talk about the conservatorship! Hopefully expose more of what we may or may not know in the conservatorship, also there’s other documentaries in the works so this is just the first step and start of many that hopefully will get more people to talk and bring more awareness to what’s going on with Britney and eventually continue to get her on the path to autonomy and freedom.

I also find it interesting that they had trouble getting people to talk I think a small reason for that is again the fans just need to stop attacking people the minute someone comes out and tries to talk about something related to Britney in regards to this conservatorship fans go on the attack  and start bashing and dragging people so quickly it’s no wonder why so many don’t want to talk the fans just need to calm down! 

I believed the reason was because of fear of persecution from team con and legal reasons, I doubt fans will give backlash for people speaking honest for once about Britney and her life

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Naes614 said:

“No one was helping her because there was too much money to be made off her suffering,”

This sentence is exactly why Britney is the way she is. This was a great interview! 

I really hope they include this line or something similar in the doc

I find it so interesting she said that because even back in 2008 mtv posted an article about the “Britney Spears Economy” and that paparazzi were paying there kids college tuition with these Britney pics.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580191/britney-spears-economy-brings-in-millions-for-magazines-label-paparazzi/

basically many people made huge bucks off Britney, and well they still do

so sad she’s nothing but a machine to the industry 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Slave4yew said:

A lot of the loudest voices in the Free Britney movement are gay men who were boys when she was becoming popular. I found that very moving.

We might destroy one another but we will always be on the front line when it comes to defend our kween :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

7 hours ago, Slave4yew said:

I was surprised at how in-depth and investigative they were going, and there are some lawyers who are a part of this group and some people who have witnessed conservatorship abuse because there is abuse that happens in the conservatorship system.

FBI is nothing :typing_keyboard_computer:

Sounds like it’s going to be a great documentary. The part where it said there was too much money to be made from her suffering really struck me. People should definitely be constantly referring to her when we are lenient towards current people who have suffered abuse like this. This will reach so many people who may not even be aware of what’s happening and I hope that they start viewing her as the human she is 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

I believed the reason was because of fear of persecution from team con and legal reasons, I doubt fans will give backlash for people speaking honest for once about Britney and her life

I agree with that but I also think that many of the fans are just going to far and trying to drag people when they do utter something about the conservatorship or Britney people drag Billy b they wanted to drag Felicia people are just constantly wanting to attack and drag anybody that’s remotely looking to speak up or say a word about it and I think that if people just calm down a little bit more people I feel comfortable talking not saying in this documentary specifically but I could see why folks sit in silence when the army is always on the attack 

• Love 2

The reason Us Weekly was able to pay these paparazzi so much money was because people were buying the magazines. At one point Wesley Morris, one of the writers in our film, says, “No one was helping her because there was too much money to be made off her suffering,”

this is heartbreaking and disgusting

It’s things like this that validate my Britney fandom.  All the major pop girls have had these high profile documentaries the past couple years but nothing is truly as captivating as this story. Britney is constantly disregarded and **** on but her story blows everything else out of the water. This isn’t “my husband cheated on me” “i got screwed out of a record deal” or “i have chronic pain/addiction/my aunt i never met died” This is a story of holding a mirror to society and culture. A story of oppression, corruption, power and resilience. I hope history will validate the story of Britney Spears as one of true meaning and she gets the recognition she deserves. 

• Love 9