Olivia Rodrigo turns into earthquake in Sabrina Carpenter's 'Skin' music video

Invitation

• Content Curators

Many fans believed Sabrina Carpenter's new song 'Skin' is a response to Olivia Rodrigo's massive hit 'driver's license', but Sabrina claimed it's about the people who sent her hate and death threats.

In the music video, Sabrina's relationship with the hottie with the body-ody remained strong (hell, i would've clung onto that man too :milkney_slumber_party_glory_britney_blue_lick_yum_table:) while Olivia Rodrigo the snow, rain and earthquakes tried to come between them. A bit ruthless, isn't she  it?

Sabrina shows she remains unbothered by sitting on top of the vintage Mercedes to prove she at least is alive even though she'd rather be dry. Olivia  It's coming down on her, water like misery...:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

rsz_64d280001b33dd163b0e69d998ba544e69-sabrina-carpenterrsquarew1200.jpg.6340f1cba4b5c39293d789e68afb1ad2.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

I like Sabrina, and honestly I do not think it is her fault. In fact, it was the man whom is at fault for betraying Olivia. Sabrina most likely did not know what was happening behind her back.

56 minutes ago, Invitation said:

but Sabrina claimed it's about the people who sent her hate and death threats.

Sure jan :surejan: Then why would the lyrics be solely referring one person? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: 

Maybe we could've been friends
If I met you in another life

You can try
To get under my, under my, under my skin

According to my logic, this is singular right? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

And THEN you have this totally obvious lyric on the same song as well 

You're probably with that blonde girl,

Who always makes me doubt

- Drivers License 

Spoiler

Maybe you didn't mean it
Maybe blonde was the only rhyme

- Skin

:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Invitation said:

Many fans believed Sabrina Carpenter's new song 'Skin' is a response to Olivia Rodrigo's massive hit 'driver's license', but Sabrina claimed it's about the people who sent her hate and death threats.

In the music video, Sabrina's relationship with the hottie with the body-ody remained strong (hell, i would've clung onto that man too :milkney_slumber_party_glory_britney_blue_lick_yum_table:) while Olivia Rodrigo the snow, rain and earthquakes tried to come between them. A bit ruthless, isn't she  it?

Sabrina shows she remains unbothered by sitting on top of the vintage Mercedes to prove she at least is alive even though she'd rather be dry. Olivia  It's coming down on her, water like misery...:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

rsz_64d280001b33dd163b0e69d998ba544e69-sabrina-carpenterrsquarew1200.jpg.6340f1cba4b5c39293d789e68afb1ad2.jpg

ice cube door GIF

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I like Sabrina, and honestly I do not think it is her fault. In fact, it was the man whom is at fault for betraying Olivia. Sabrina most likely did not know what was happening behind her back.

Isn't it always the way? The dude pits two girls against each other who would otherwise be friends. Screw him, he's not even cute. Respect to them both TBH Hell, Olivia doesn't even shade Sabrina in Driver's License, she literally says Sabrina is everything Olivia is insecure about, meaning she thinks Sabrina is everything she believes she isn't. It's a compliment, albeit a very sad one. And now Sabrina is saying they maybe could've been friends.

• Love 4

Once again, the teenagers are eating up this man-made drama :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: It has to be obvious by this point, especially when all of these people released singles roughly one week apart from each other :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

I will say that the song is pretty, but it's not likely going to receive the success of "Drivers License." It's a shame, I do enjoy Sabrina Carpenter's music, and deserves better than this 'standing up for myself' song

Image result for sabrina carpenter - why gif

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block