''Born To Make You Happy'' deserved better. Period.

What do you talking about?!:ehidk_britney_um_eek: It was a MASSIVE hit in Europe, was in the Top Ten in actually every country, it was played on the music channels nearly the whole day. I became a fan because of this song. The reason why Americans don´t know this song so well is why back then they released songs on Maxi CDs. There was no streaming. So, her team decides to release Born To Make You Happy in Europe and From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart in America. The first time I saw this video was on her My Prerogative DVD years after the release. But I saw pictures in a teen magazine when the video was released. This was so special. But I agree with you. Born to Make You Happy is a masterpiece, one of her best songs of all time.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Indeed, I really like the song, the stereo instruments are well made.

The video is also fun to watch, the best parts are the Blue Icy room scene and the red scene where she dances with the other dancers. The choreography is also amazing. I’ve always noticed that the red outfit of Oops I Did It Again looks like the one of Born To Make You Happy, or at least inspired. 

I’ve always noticed underrated videos are when Britney is not doing provocative videos, when she is clean and pure, no one cares. Like Someday I Will Understand for example.

Spoiler

Also thank you for sharing my upscale :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Didn't know that

I´m sorry,I don´t wanted to be rude. Today the situation with the Internet and Social Media is better/easier. You have access to everything, can hear and watch everything you want. Back then you were contingent by the Radio, music channels, magazines, and the internet pages of the artist. But not everyone had a PC back then. So, like in my case, it took years to watch some videos.

• 10 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:47 AM, Cinderella85 said:

Yes ,this was not possible because it was not official released there.It was not a worldwide single.

On 2/2/2021 at 12:09 PM, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Wasn’t BTMYH only released in Europe. It got to number 1 here in the UK and that’s massive for a fourth single :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

But I don't understand why it wasn't released in the US? Did they think that it wouldn't be successful there, that its sound is more for Europe or what?

Same question with FTBOMBH, they thought Europeans wouldn't like it?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: