Marilyn Manson dropped by Record Label after Evan Rachel Wood reveals he abused her

Slayer

3 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

Rachel has talked about her abuse for quite some time. It's just that she finally named him. I believe her.

But situations like this are not anout believing but about proof. In what world do we live in if we can just accuse anyone of anything without any substential proof?

Don't get me wrong. I don't like him or know anything about his life but such accusations happen literally every day and many of them turn out to be false.

I am just very safe about pointing fingers and believing somebody.

Innconcent until proven guilty is what I believe the most in and sounds only fair.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

But situations like this are not anout believing but about proof. In what world do we live in if we can just accuse anyone of anything without any substential proof?

Don't get me wrong. I don't like him or know anything about his life but such accusations happen literally every day and many of them turn out to be false.

I am just very safe about pointing fingers and believing somebody.

Innconcent until proven guilty is what I believe the most in and sounds only fair.

She's always said she was assaulted when she was 18 and they have a public history of dating together when they were 18. She literally created The Phoenix Act bill to help other domestic abuse survivors.

Also wtf is wrong with you? These allegations happen every day because people get **** every day and not many turn out to be false. FEW turn out to be false.

Nobody is accusing anyone. 5 people accused him. You don't need proof to accuse him. You need proof to fire him. 

Imagine one of your friends come out saying something like this and instead of empathizing you throw this tone deaf response.

I always wonder why some people act like this, like where is this coming from?

13 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

According to your own rhetoric ppl are excused or given sympathy cuz they are big stars and ppl that are less successful are bashed. That’s the problem. A man hitting a woman is not excused if she hits too. They are equally in the wrong and should have the same amount of backlash. Sympathy for violence is not logical imo, hence ppl are blinded by their attraction to Depp. Imo Amber is a solid celebrity, Depp just has a hardcore fan base who will stand by him no matter what and that’s absurd but that’s people for ya. 

I disagree, it is important to know who did it first, because it could be a reaction to it shortly after, selfprotection is never wrong. 

Like no one is gonna talk about the fact that Rihanna for example is really not the victim and not innocent, she puched him, what is he supposed to do? 

These are old genderroles tbh and they have to go. You fight and hurt a man, you should be prepared for it, that something comes after that. 

We all want equality, right? So, he had the backlash for being a "womanbeater", but in fact the general public always see and portay the woman as the victim, like men suffer from abusive women too! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

She's always said she was assaulted when she was 18 and they have a public history of dating together when they were 18. She literally created The Phoenix Act bill to help other domestic abuse survivors.

Also wtf is wrong with you? These allegations happen every day because people get **** every day and not many turn out to be false. FEW turn out to be false.

Nobody is accusing anyone. 5 people accused him. You don't need proof to accuse him. You need proof to fire him. 

Imagine one of your friends come out saying something like this and instead of empathizing you throw this tone deaf response.

I always wonder why some people act like this, like where is this coming from?

It's tone deaf of me to say you're innocent until proven guilty? Well then I am and I am happy to be so

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Danielle1987 said:

People who have actually listened to his own words about such topics throughout his entire career & have read his book know these are definitely not just allegations :kfed_kevin_federline_popozao_jamming_dancing:

But nobody said somebody is lying? I mean saying like what I said "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean she's lying about what happened. I am not saying it didn't happen. I am just stating that you are innocent as long as there is no evidence.

Thank God the lawsystem is like this. Imagine a world if it was the other way around!

We can't go around putting people to blame without a proper investigation. It would be one crazy world if we could accuse everyone of anything and that person would automatically be seen guilty. That's crazy.

And so far of what I read, Manson is not proven guilty so firing him of an ACCUSATION (which this totally is since it's not proven) is NOT OKAY. He COULD STILL be innocent.

Law is simple in this: no evidence? Innocent. He can probably even sue the label for breaking the contract out of ALLEGATIONS as it's mostly not included as a reason to end a contract.

Ofcourse this is judging by the info the internet has. There could very well be an investegation but it's kept private but with the info that's available online, none of us are rightful to say he's done it and he's guilty. Period.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

But nobody said somebody is lying? I mean saying like what I said "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean she's lying about what happened. I am not saying it didn't happen. I am just stating that you are innocent as long as there is no evidence.

Thank God the lawsystem is like this. Imagine a world if it was the other way around!

We can't go around putting people to blame without a proper investigation. It would be one crazy world if we could accuse everyone of anything and that person would automatically be seen guilty. That's crazy.

And so far of what I read, Manson is not proven guilty so firing him of an ACCUSATION (which this totally is since it's not proven) is NOT OKAY. He COULD STILL be innocent.

Law is simple in this: no evidence? Innocent. He can probably even sue the label for breaking the contract out of ALLEGATIONS as it's mostly not included as a reason to end a contract.

Ofcourse this is judging by the info the internet has. There could very well be an investegation but it's kept private but with the info that's available online, none of us are rightful to say he's done it and he's guilty. Period.

I definitely do not think it was okay he was fired for such things. But. I am entitled to my own personal opinion on the matter. 

8 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I disagree, it is important to know who did it first, because it could be a reaction to it shortly after, selfprotection is never wrong. 

This was not a one time thing so it is impossible to simplify by "who did it first is the guilty one" when it happens continuously, on and on again. He had at least 12 counts of violence agaisnt Amber. Amber were abusive too, so both could be self-protective, but both also had the responsibility to end things instead of escalating them, both are responsible for maintaining a toxic relationship so Johnny could have pulled the plug earlier and so could Amber :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:.

Like no one is gonna talk about the fact that Rihanna for example is really not the victim and not innocent, she puched him, what is he supposed to do? 

He was supposed to maybe leave her instead of beating her up? Men are stronger than women despite gender roles and equality, so their punches hit harder, and she was bloodied up and he wasn't. If you are in a relationship and your boyfriend yells at you, you think it is proper to yell back, you think that solves things and contributes to normal decency and reflects normal behavior? Chris Brown has been violent towards others for the record, so to insinuate him beating her black and blue as self-protection is a bit exaggerated and i dont think the court called it self-protection either, if it was proper self-protection he should be able to prove it in court. Violence is never right unless you fear for your life and cant get away imo. That's textbook knowledge :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

These are old genderroles tbh and they have to go. You fight and hurt a man, you should be prepared for it, that something comes after that.

I strongly disagree and i'm horrified by his statement. No sane adult in modern western society should stand by this argument. If a man hurts a woman badly do you really think she will fight back. Male and female physiques are not equal so men will always win, wherefore there is no equality in your rhetoric. Furthermore it is very primitive to act as you describe and it promotes the cultural belief of men beating up their women if he thinks she disrespects him the slightest. Do you think it is right if a woman for instance slaps a man out of frustration, and he pours acid on her afterwards? Imo your argument is not far away from that situation, if we take it to the extreme. Sorry not sorry :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

We all want equality, right? So, he had the backlash for being a "womanbeater", but in fact the general public always see and portay the woman as the victim, like men suffer from abusive women too! 

Wrong. The general public does not see Amber as the victim at all, they see Johnny as the victim. Where have you been? Equality should prosper yes but there are boundaries as with everything. And violence should not be a matter of equality, it should be reduced, diminished and criminalized effectively. Each case is different and the Johnny/Amber case was a libel case, and they found out he had been violent on 12 occasions towards Amber wherefore he lost and The Sun won. And my "problem" is that he is still worshipped, but i get why, he's been a *** symbol for decades and fans are in love with him and his work :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:. R. Kelly and Manson should take notes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block