Mariah Carey Official HD Remasters

MSTAR

Idk if it was already posted (sorry if it was) but they updated the videos of Mariah Carey by posting the HD Remaster.

However, I don’t (personally) really like some remasters... Because there are some remasters which are just Composite Masters (Composite Master = rainbow colors artefacts on the video like on DVD) so it’s not remastered and re-edited from original films.

There are too much of smoothering/blurring and too oversharpened... Same issue with JLO’s HD Remasters... Hope Britney’s HD remasters won’t look like those bad remasters even if there are high chances that would be those of Sony HD Remasters already available on Tidal.

And many other videos...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitneys estate has been doing this over the course of the last year. I like The Greatest Love Of All and Saving All My Love For You videos. They look beautiful in 4K and HD.

I Will Always Love You does not look that great. You can see lines through the video. However she looks beautiful in it.

George Michael’s Freedom ‘90 has been upgraded ( Hi @GMFlop!) and while it does look beautiful and more clearer, I feel the colours in original video looked better. 

but anything with a better quality is welcome IMO. 

15 hours ago, limezd said:

Whitneys estate has been doing this over the course of the last year. I like The Greatest Love Of All and Saving All My Love For You videos. They look beautiful in 4K and HD.

I Will Always Love You does not look that great. You can see lines through the video. However she looks beautiful in it.

George Michael’s Freedom ‘90 has been upgraded ( Hi @GMFlop!) and while it does look beautiful and more clearer, I feel the colours in original video looked better. 

but anything with a better quality is welcome IMO. 

Yeah the best remasters out there are the HD and 4K rescanned films. But those of Mariah Carey and JLO are just (upscaled?) Composite Masters with sharpening but still slightly better than the old compressed 480p videos.

15 hours ago, limezd said:

Btw Mariah looks beautiful in the Love Takes Tome video!!! My favourite song by her!!!

Also, Britney fans have been doing a good job with upscaling the videos themselves. 

Yeah we try to upscale ourselves the videos but the best quality can be achieved only by the label who own the original masters. I personally upscale from ProRes Masters where the results and rarely from DVD if there’s no ProRes Master for a music video.

4 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Yeah the best remasters out there are the HD and 4K rescanned films. But those of Mariah Carey and JLO are just (upscaled?) Composite Masters with sharpening but still slightly better than the old compressed 480p videos.

Yeah we try to upscale ourselves the videos but the best quality can be achieved only by the label who own the original masters. I personally upscale from ProRes Masters where the results and rarely from DVD if there’s no ProRes Master for a music video.

Omg I just realized I’ve been watching your Britney videos on YouTube and I was talking about you when I mentioned Britney fans upscaling her videos!

thank you so much for all of the hard work!

1 hour ago, limezd said:

Omg I just realized I’ve been watching your Britney videos on YouTube and I was talking about you when I mentioned Britney fans upscaling her videos!

thank you so much for all of the hard work!

Glad that you appreciated the upscales. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

More videos are coming, Gimme More is the next video and the quality is really amazing after using the ProRes Master. I will also do Femme Fatale videos in 4K and I can already tell that Hold It Against Me, I Wanna Go, Till The World Dance and Scream And Shout are more beautiful in 4K than HD!

Archived