Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett's new jazz album 'Love For Sale' out now

On 8/5/2021 at 1:25 AM, Jordan Miller said:

Well this is weird... The song is, LITERALLY, about a young female prostitute "selling her love". We know history: it wouldn't surprise me if the writer was thinking about a teenager. And now Gaga resurfaces this and celebrates it. That's ******* weird.

And Tony has Alzheimer, so choosing this title also for the album is even more tasteless. Stop exploiting that man for sales. I also hope he didn't exploit women for love before (which wouldn't surprise me either, to be honest...)

Anyways, a mess.

Also, both album covers ("Cheek to Cheek" and this one) are atrocious.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished listening to this as the album is now out in the UK.

Not bad, probably not much replay value from me as I’m not a massive jazz fan but there’s some nice, laidback songs. Gaga’s solo song Do I Love You is pretty incredible though?? Her vocals on that one are amazing.

I feel uncomfy by the idea of someone facing devastating mental deterioration being made to participate in a project of commercial importance

I stand by my view that mental health should trump business interests, even when it involves someone I don’t relate too, its a matter of principle. 

Side note: when will people start noticing how much Gaga seems to resent her popstar origin?

I ordered the target edition (only way to get the bonus tracks on CD and the cover of their edition is too cute, like she's suiting him up for a night out in the town.

To be fair of the resentment of Gaga's club origins.

Sharon osBourne said it best, when most of the image and Music you made were constantly compared to Madonna and the critics and that artist made you feel unworthy of such comparisons and add the fan base of that artist attacking you daily, we all know the ARTPOP era, she was only 27 and thinking to herself, I guess I'm not good enough for my peers, and I guess I overstayed. 

But gaga did something Madonna could never do step into the world of jazz and make herself at home like a true musician she is adapt to any style and it will be authentic.  This is why she's still standing and here, she had a point to prove that she mattered and it worked. 

• Love 1

I think my copy of the deluxe CD and the apricot cassette arrived earlier. It feels like it should be it in the packaging but I haven’t opened it yet. I’m annoyed though as I was also supposed to receive the CD/CD single/t-shirt bundle of the Sugababes’ One Touch 20th anniversary but for some reason it’s now arriving tomorrow…. It doesn't make sense as both Gaga and Sugababes’ online stores both use Royal Mail so how can they deliver one album on time but not the other? The Amazon exclusive of One Touch is still arriving today though.

Okay RANT OVER. I wish I could have got one of the Love For Sale alt covers too, but I’m trying to be money wise atm and the deluxe CD was pretty expensive sooo…. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block