Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett's new jazz album 'Love For Sale' out now

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

That is really sad, my grandmother and several of her sisters suffered this at the end of their lives :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

However, I've read and seen some videos about the effect music has in patients with Alzheimer. Though momentarily, people have been seen to recover a bit of lucidity after listening to music they used to listen to when they were younger. There's several documentaries about it.

Apparently music has such a magical effect that it doesn't only activate one region of the brain, as it happens with specific activities such as reading, talking, moving, etc, but instead it stimulates multiple regions of the brain at once.

24 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

I actually think it is amazing this is gonna be showcased to show awareness of this illness. I do not agree with what you said. I do have a very close and hurtful experience with that illness, and let me tell you that the patient is allowed to decide what he/she wants to do. Being a good decision or not is something else, but just to assure you that there would not be a way of forcing someone with Alzheimers to do something they do not want to do. They tend to speak their minds more freely, is like going back to being a children, and we all know what a children is like when he does not want to do something.

The difference, a children has memory working fully and you can trick them into doing something. A  patient of Alzheimer's does not. So it is either they want to do it, or they will not.

This being said, Britney's case with Alzheimer's it is not comparable.

What this Topic has shown me is how close to home it can hit, i'm sorry to those who have had to deal with cases of Alzheimer's in their family! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

And how we as a community maybe shouldn't be so damning as our first reaction, instead looking at the piece as whole. Yes both sides of an argument could be made for and against, but you cant deny the good raising awareness will do!

• Love 2

My granddad died with Alzheimer’s disease in 2012. He was a musician and by the time he reached the end stages of the disease music was all he had left of himself. I’m all for Tony making another record with GaGa as a sort of fair well. They loved each other and I don’t think this is exploiting him. However documenting it is a different story. As much as I’d love to see some Alzheimer’s awareness and comfort for people also going through it something about the man not knowing it’s happening doesn’t sit well with me. I’ll buy the record but I’ll skip the doc.

My prayers to the family also, this is a terrible thing to deal with.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
53 minutes ago, bas che said:

Sneaky little one. Gaga always piggybacks on legends when her pop career flops. It helps her seem more credible when she does more “serious” music but we see right through her. 

I remember saying to a high school friend, the world needs another Madonna, they all said no we don't, lady gaga comes out in 2008, she reminded the public except the younger ones of Madonna spot on, sadly I think everybody has moved on and the older audience very much caught on to the Madonna copying, gaga needed Ariana to get a number one single, shallow was an organic hit compared to rain on me. 

I never thought I see the reality where all Music guide called lady gaga in the perfectly description a fad, a flash in the pan, her little monsters left in massive numbers during ARTPOP era.

I thought she would last, I guess I was wrong. 

17 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I remember saying to a high school friend, the world needs another Madonna, they all said no we don't, lady gaga comes out in 2008, she reminded the public except the younger ones of Madonna spot on, sadly I think everybody has moved on and the older audience very much caught on to the Madonna copying, gaga needed Ariana to get a number one single, shallow was an organic hit compared to rain on me. 

I never thought I see the reality where all Music guide called lady gaga in the perfectly description a fad, a flash in the pan, her little monsters left in massive numbers during ARTPOP era.

I thought she would last, I guess I was wrong. 

As much as I hated to admit it, she did last alright though. In pop music, being relevant for 2 years is like a lifetime achievement. Gaga remained relevant for over a decade now... maybe not necessarily in Pop but she had a smart team that knew better than to stay in the scene and helped steer her career to more other meaningful projects (Jazz, Hollywood, endorsements etc) as soon as her star started burning out. Her peers like Katy and Kesha did not last this long. I’m not praising her because I don’t enjoy her music but the truth needs to be told

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block