Ariana Grande releases 'Positions' deluxe edition with 4 new songs

Invitation

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Ddd I just realised Ari deleted this tweet :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: anyway she basically said she liked the original artwork too much which is why the deluxe edition has no new artwork.

I read somewhere that Test Drive almost made the standard edition but was replaced with Love Language at the last minute.

Also not sure how to feel about all of the new songs (except for the interlude) being only 2 mins long?? Did Ari do this on purpose ddd?

Shorter durations will increase stream numbers.

• Like 1

Okay here are my thoughts on the new songs:

Someone Like U - Honestly this has potential to be a full song, I really like the vibe of it and Ari's vocals are really good. 

Test Drive - A bawp!!! It's so catchy and fun, the intro is quite 80s sounding and it reminds me of Motive. But it's so so short..... it should be longer :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: 

Worst Behavior - Better than I expected.... very throwback sounding and reminds me of Mariah a bit. 

Main Thing - A bit of a bop, quite catchy and I like the 'youuuuuu' parts. Although the song is reminiscent of Ari's other 'trap' sounding songs. 

I like the songs, but they all should have been much longer than 2 minutes. And Someone Like U should have been a full song. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I guess but I read somewhere apparently you only have to stream 30 seconds of a song for it to count as 'one stream' (although I personally disagree with this). I just think these super short songs don't sound fully fleshed out most of the time.

Wow... I didn't think she could have made Positions any worse. She did. How lazy is she? 3 of the tracks are two minutes and 1 of them is ONE minute. I get it, it's an interlude, but damn. This is the laziest, most boring deluxe re-release I've ever heard in my life. 

How are you supposed to fully immerse yourself into a song when right about when it's getting good... it ends??? I literally cannot deal. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, ILuvMe said:

worst behaviour is the one I like most :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I get her vibe with this album, not really my cup of tea but it works and suits her well, so good for Ari :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

Hide contents

I want another Dangerous Woman or more pop songs sometime in the future tho :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Dangerous woman is her best album, you can dance to it. 

Have fun, And be dangerous.

She'll never top that record with the GP. 

• Like 2
Just now, ColdAsFire88 said:

Attention Deficit Disorder :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Attention deficit disorder,  to long a song they lose interest 

ohhhh ADD, sorry, I couldn't get it because it wasn't capitalized LOL. We're destroying everyones attention spans with how fast we throw new media in peoples faces. 

I still think it's pathetic that artists don't make music for the art of it. More success would come if they were organic about their music and not just trying to make a quick bop. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

ohhhh ADD, sorry, I couldn't get it because it wasn't capitalized LOL. We're destroying everyones attention spans with how fast we throw new media in peoples faces. 

I still think it's pathetic that artists don't make music for the art of it. More success would come if they were organic about their music and not just trying to make a quick bop. 

Yeah these songs sound like her instagram snippets aka just as short :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Attention deficit disorder,  to long a song they lose interest 

I mean Taylor managed just fine with Folklore and Evermore, a lot of the songs on both albums are average length and some of them are close to 5 mins. In fact some of the longer songs are better, mainly because they take time to develop and sound good and they all tell a story.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

As one of my signature moments is trashing Positions, here are my thoughts :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Someone Like You (Interlude)- 4/5: What a disappointment of this interlude only being an interlude. It's a beautifully well-done track with luscious production that deserve its own treatment of being a single. It is better than 80% of the album honestly.

Worst Behavior- 4/5: I love the beat drop and instrumentals of this track. The fact that this song is only 2:04 long while trash songs like 34 + 35 are over 3 minutes is tragic.

Test Drive- 3/5: It is a nice song, but once again its so damn short :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney: 

Main Thing- 3/5: It's a fine song. So whatever

Overall, I liked the deluxe tracks but just when you expect a build-up it all falls when the song ends because of how SHORT it is which is such a absolute bummer 

3 hours ago, Invitation said:

2 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Wow... I didn't think she could have made Positions any worse. She did. How lazy is she? 3 of the tracks are two minutes and 1 of them is ONE minute. I get it, it's an interlude, but damn. This is the laziest, most boring deluxe re-release I've ever heard in my life. 

How are you supposed to fully immerse yourself into a song when right about when it's getting good... it ends??? I literally cannot deal. 

It is so obvious. And her blind fans dare have the audacity to say she "dOesN't cArE aBoUt tHe cHaRts oR nUmBeRs aNyMoRe"? Sure Jan, this is why we are seeing her pull bull**** like this with songs as short as their capability to be an unbiased stan :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Invitation said:

I read an article that songs are getting shorter because people have a shorter attention span these day because they’re so busy, there’s so much to chose from, and people lose interest quicker. It’s easier for an artist to complete more short songs and therefore release music quicker and the consumer can consume more of it in less time. 

• Love 2

Again, this Deluxe edition just proves that Ariana has no taste when it comes to her own music.

Test Drive and Worst Behavior should have been on the standard release.

But the facts are that this album is still so boring and dull, especially when compared tp her last three which were all fantastic.

I bought her last four and I still won't be purchasing this one.

Her vocals is fine, but I'm with the critics, the lyrics are really cringy as F.

Thank U, Next was like her most mature album to date. 

Remember Born this way, was praised for its maturity and intelligence, Than ARTPOP was criticized for it's lyrics and not living up to Born this way.

Positions is that,   I mean people ask who has done it all night long, it's extremely impossible.  

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block