Femme Fatale Unreleased?

1 minute ago, Isla said:

Ffff I know the Jump In soundtrack, I used to own a copy of it (except I gave away all my old Disney Channel CDs). I just think it's an odd choice. Jupiter Rising's Go as well.... hmmm... I can't really see Britney singing any of these songs. Except maybeee Prima J's Gotta Lotta?

I like Femme Fatale the way it turned out because I really like that electro, synthy dance pop. But at the same time, Britney probably would have been a lot happier had it turned out to be more urban like she wanted it to be.

Gotta Lotta sounds good too. Agree. There are many of these songs from Disney Channel soundtracks that sound perfect for other pop girls tbh. 

• Love 1
On 1/31/2021 at 10:19 PM, Isla said:

Um what??? This is true right?

also Unbroken is definitely an outtake from the album, but it’s the only leaked song from Femme Fatale era if you don’t count Burning Up (which was never intended for the album as it was a cover performed for the tour). There’s been a few leaks of demos that were written/intended for the album that aren’t performed by Britney (e.g. Tear the Club Up, Sorry Adam, Red is the Color etc.). Scary was officially released, it was a bonus track on the Japanese and premium fan editions of the album. 

I actually think Burning Up may have been intended for release of some kind whether on the album or as a DVD bonus because it is registered on ASCAP with Britney as a performer and other songs she’s covered on tour are not. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I actually think Burning Up may have been intended for release of some kind whether on the album or as a DVD bonus because it is registered on ASCAP with Britney as a performer and other songs she’s covered on tour are not. 

Well it was registered on ASCAP because she recorded the song. Many of Britney's other unreleased songs are registered because they too, are recorded.

On 12/4/2021 at 5:20 PM, Isla said:

Well it was registered on ASCAP because she recorded the song. Many of Britney's other unreleased songs are registered because they too, are recorded.

Duh! I’m well aware many unreleased songs are registered but they were all intended for release. My point is a song that isn’t meant to be release on anything wouldn’t need to get registered. Material Girl and Black Cat aren’t registered but she performed them on tour and I’m sure pre-recorded vocals were done for them since she performed them at multiple dates. 

57 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Duh! I’m well aware many unreleased songs are registered but they were all intended for release. My point is a song that isn’t meant to be release on anything wouldn’t need to get registered. Material Girl and Black Cat aren’t registered but she performed them on tour and I’m sure pre-recorded vocals were done for them since she performed them at multiple dates. 

Hmm I’m not sure if that’s always the case, if a songs gets registered, that usually means it’s because it has been recorded and they need some sort of documentation/proof of this. Besides I believe some of Britney’s unreleased Blackout songs were registered before the album was released.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:11 AM, Leolileinstein said:

Burning Up , Vertigo, Unbroken and Danger are the unreleased from FF era. 

The only era that probs has 0 unreleased is probably BJ or OIDIA

I’m still so shocked that people think Danger is a real demo 💀 it’s literally a Kesha instrumental and vocals from get back and lace & leather 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Isla said:

Hmm I’m not sure if that’s always the case, if a songs gets registered, that usually means it’s because it has been recorded and they need some sort of documentation/proof of this. Besides I believe some of Britney’s unreleased Blackout songs were registered before the album was released.

Songs get registered so they can’t be stolen essentially it’s like copy writing them so songs that are meant to be released get register so they can’t be copied by another artist. Often many songs are registered because they are being considered for a project and some eventually don’t make the cut. Unreleased songs also get registered sometimes if they are being shopped around to other artists. In the case of Burning Up since it’s a cover Britney would need to be registered as a performer in order to release it so Madonna and the writers would get royalties for creating the song. If it were only ever going to just be a performance and not made for purchase/streaming it would be unnecessary to register it under Britney.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Songs get registered so they can’t be stolen essentially it’s like copy writing them so songs that are meant to be released get register so they can’t be copied by another artist. Often many songs are registered because they are being considered for a project and some eventually don’t make the cut. Unreleased songs also get registered sometimes if they are being shopped around to other artists. In the case of Burning Up since it’s a cover Britney would need to be registered as a performer in order to release it so Madonna and the writers would get royalties for creating the song. If it were only ever going to just be a performance and not made for purchase/streaming it would be unnecessary to register it under Britney.

Yeah that does make a lot of sense, especially in regards to royalties. But Burning Up definitely needed to be registered due to the studio version existing.

Edited by Isla