WEG vs. Brand Sense — Diverted Commissions, Racketeering, and "Sneaky and Underhanded" Dealings : A Research Thread

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

What I'd like to know is...

Who leaked which documents?

LFB and Meaner appeared to be working together...They and others were posting documents that were cropped. They'd post just enough to prove they had the document, but not enough for anyone else to be able to read the details. This was really apparent with their documents relating to the SJB Revocable Trust.

Folks were making 4-part videos about the SJB but weren't citing their sources...Why?

Did they share the documents with Rosengart later on? Why sit on the documents? 

So many different agendas going on.

People want to break the stories, get the scoop and quite frankly gain from it.  I condone it, it's just that people do it a lot to Britney and that's how she got in the the position she's in in the first place. 

Do research, spend your hard earned cash and time on documents, turn it over to Rosengart without asking for anything in return. That's the humane thing to do. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I'm not from the USA so I don't know many legal things, but was the trust an attempt to separate his estate, to divide it? because I am a lawyer in my country, but I doubt that the trust was made in 2004. Before that, who owned your money? because the trust in my country is to protect and control your assets.

• 1 month later...

Oct. 29, 2007 - Wright Entertainment Group (WEG), owned by ex-manager Johnny Wright, sues Britney for unpaid commissions. WEG managed Britney until February 2003, but was supposed to keep receiving commissions until February 2008 for deals negotiated on her behalf. Now WEG claims that Britney stopped paying in December 2006. WEG claims Britney has not accounted for or paid commissions for Zomba advances on LP's 3 and 4 ("In The Zone" and "Greatest Hits"), among other claims against "Britney Touring, Inc" (BTI). Also, "Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

Both before and after the termination Agreement. 

:girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 11:55 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Oct. 29, 2007 - Wright Entertainment Group (WEG), owned by ex-manager Johnny Wright, sues Britney for unpaid commissions. WEG managed Britney until February 2003, but was supposed to keep receiving commissions until February 2008 for deals negotiated on her behalf. Now WEG claims that Britney stopped paying in December 2006. WEG claims Britney has not accounted for or paid commissions for Zomba advances on LP's 3 and 4 ("In The Zone" and "Greatest Hits"), among other claims against "Britney Touring, Inc" (BTI). Also, "Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

Both before and after the termination Agreement. 

:girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

Check this out https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NncUySzzvVqwLoqeKeRI3GNioMT64h_4/view?usp=sharing

I copied & pasted some of the more interesting things: 

DEFENDANTS' ANSWERS TO PLAINTIFFS' FIRST SET OF INTERROGATORIES

James P. Spears as temporary conservator of Britney Spears, and James P. Spears and Andrew Wallet as temporary conservators of the Estate of Britney Spears (the "Conservators"), on behalf of defendants Britney Spears ("Ms. Spears") and Britney Touring, Inc. ("BTI''), hereby respond to Plaintiff's First Set of Interrogatories as follows:

2c. Are you a corporation? Yes. If so, state: ANSWER: (1) The name stated in the current Articles of Incorporation; (2) All the other names used by the corporation during the past 10 years and the dates each was used; (3) The date and place of the incorporation; (4) The address of the principal place of business; and (5) The name of the person with the most knowledge of the management of such entity.

ANSWER: Defendants incorporate the General Objections and General Statement. Britney Touring, Inc. is a corporation formed in 1988 under the laws of the State of Louisiana. Defendants are currently unaware of any other name used by Britney Touring, Inc. The address of Britney Touring, Inc., is Gerber & Co. 1880 Century Park East, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90067. The person with the most knowledge about Britney Touring, Inc. is currently unidentified. Discovery is continuing.

4. Have you utilized a business manager from January 1999 to the present? If YES, state: a. The name; b. The date each was used; and c. The address of the principal place of business.

ANSWER:

Defendants incorporate the General Objections and General Statement. On information and belief, Defendants confirm that discovery is continuing, and state that Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., utilized the following business managers from 1999 to the present: Bert Padell (Padell, Nadell, Fine & Weinberger, LLP), from a time currently unknown until some time in 2003: New York Stacey Smith, from in or about April 2003 to in or about October 2004; Virginia. Gelfand, on information and belief, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP, from in or about October 2004 until in or about June 2006; Los Angeles. Richard Feldstein, on information and belief, from in or about June 2006 until in or about August 2007; Los Angeles. Howard Grossman, Goldman, Lichtenberg, Wasserman & Grossman, Inc., from in or about August 2007 until February, 2008, Los Angeles.

5. Have you utilized a certified public accountant from January 1999 to the present? If YES, state: a. The name; b. The date each was used; and c. The address of the principal place of business.

ANSWER:

Defendants incorporate the General Objections and General Statement. Without waiving their objections, on information and belief, Defendants confirm that discovery is continuing, and state that Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc. have utilized the following CPA's from 1999 to the present: Bert Padell (Padell, Nadell, Fine & Weinberger, LLP), from a time currently unknown until some time in 2003: New York Stacey Smith, from in or about April 2003 to in or about October 2004; Virginia. Gelfand, on information and belief, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP, from in or about October 2004 until in or about June 2006; Los Angeles. Richard Feldstein, on information and belief, from in or about June 2006 until in or about August 2007; Los Angeles. Howard Grossman, Goldman, Lichtenberg, Wasserman & Grossman, Inc., from in or about August 2007 until February, 2008, Los Angeles.Britney Spears has utilized the following CPAs from January 1999 to the present.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Check this out https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NncUySzzvVqwLoqeKeRI3GNioMT64h_4/view?usp=sharing

I copied & pasted some of the more interesting things: 

DEFENDANTS' ANSWERS TO PLAINTIFFS' FIRST SET OF INTERROGATORIES

James P. Spears as temporary conservator of Britney Spears, and James P. Spears and Andrew Wallet as temporary conservators of the Estate of Britney Spears (the "Conservators"), on behalf of defendants Britney Spears ("Ms. Spears") and Britney Touring, Inc. ("BTI''), hereby respond to Plaintiff's First Set of Interrogatories as follows:

2c. Are you a corporation? Yes. If so, state: ANSWER: (1) The name stated in the current Articles of Incorporation; (2) All the other names used by the corporation during the past 10 years and the dates each was used; (3) The date and place of the incorporation; (4) The address of the principal place of business; and (5) The name of the person with the most knowledge of the management of such entity.

ANSWER: Defendants incorporate the General Objections and General Statement. Britney Touring, Inc. is a corporation formed in 1988 under the laws of the State of Louisiana. Defendants are currently unaware of any other name used by Britney Touring, Inc. The address of Britney Touring, Inc., is Gerber & Co. 1880 Century Park East, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90067. The person with the most knowledge about Britney Touring, Inc. is currently unidentified. Discovery is continuing.

4. Have you utilized a business manager from January 1999 to the present? If YES, state: a. The name; b. The date each was used; and c. The address of the principal place of business.

ANSWER:

Defendants incorporate the General Objections and General Statement. On information and belief, Defendants confirm that discovery is continuing, and state that Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., utilized the following business managers from 1999 to the present: Bert Padell (Padell, Nadell, Fine & Weinberger, LLP), from a time currently unknown until some time in 2003: New York Stacey Smith, from in or about April 2003 to in or about October 2004; Virginia. Gelfand, on information and belief, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP, from in or about October 2004 until in or about June 2006; Los Angeles. Richard Feldstein, on information and belief, from in or about June 2006 until in or about August 2007; Los Angeles. Howard Grossman, Goldman, Lichtenberg, Wasserman & Grossman, Inc., from in or about August 2007 until February, 2008, Los Angeles.

5. Have you utilized a certified public accountant from January 1999 to the present? If YES, state: a. The name; b. The date each was used; and c. The address of the principal place of business.

ANSWER:

Defendants incorporate the General Objections and General Statement. Without waiving their objections, on information and belief, Defendants confirm that discovery is continuing, and state that Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc. have utilized the following CPA's from 1999 to the present: Bert Padell (Padell, Nadell, Fine & Weinberger, LLP), from a time currently unknown until some time in 2003: New York Stacey Smith, from in or about April 2003 to in or about October 2004; Virginia. Gelfand, on information and belief, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP, from in or about October 2004 until in or about June 2006; Los Angeles. Richard Feldstein, on information and belief, from in or about June 2006 until in or about August 2007; Los Angeles. Howard Grossman, Goldman, Lichtenberg, Wasserman & Grossman, Inc., from in or about August 2007 until February, 2008, Los Angeles.Britney Spears has utilized the following CPAs from January 1999 to the present.

I downloaded these court docs over the weekend and added them to the library this morning! I started a a new thread for pre CON financial shenanigans—the link to the WEG docs is in that post. I also tried my best to do a summary of highlights from WEG but there is sooooo much info. My brain is still processing it all.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I downloaded these court docs over the weekend and added them to the library this morning! I started a a new thread for pre CON financial shenanigans—the link to the WEG docs is in that post. I also tried my best to do a summary of highlights from WEG but there is sooooo much info. My brain is still processing it all.

Awesome!! Townsend subpoenaed everyoneeeee including Loucifer herself and then settled so quickly! I get the impression he expected a battle and came prepared with process servers all over the country - like he knew that if he started out strong, threatening a jury trial, it would all fall apart.

Con’s response was basically idk, we need more time, and NO we aren’t answering any of your questions so stop asking. It seems pretty clear that they tightened up their defense with the Brandsense case as it’s generally the same argument?

The timing of the WEG lawsuit is so interesting. Such a perfect storm of chaos in the Britney Brand universe.  Did Wright know he was going to have to fight for his sunset payments? Gonna need few timelines to be fully fleshed out and then overlapped. Divorce/custody legal events, Blackout release, WEG lawsuit… 

• Love 1
On 3/30/2022 at 11:55 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Random thought...

Was Lutfi hired by...

Johnny Wright?

I wasn't kidding about this, by the way!

• Lutfi appeared on the scene mere weeks/months after the last payment to WEG was made in late December 2006.
  • Howard Grossman was hired in August 2007 and Lynne claims that Lutfi told her he controlled Grossman. Just a few months ago, Lutfi released text messages that showed he was talking to Grossman about digging into Britney's finances.
  • The WEG suit was filed in late October 2007, just one month after Lutfi had been living in Britney's house full time.
  • After hiring Michael Sands as his spokesperson, Sands made the claim that:

"...the theft is on a grand scale, involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering, and that the theft occurred prior to the conservatorship taking place and continues still."

Side note...

• Lutfi stepped into the manager's role once filled by Johnny Wright...It's here where he appears to have "gone rogue" from whatever his original assignment was.

Either way...

I wonder if we should add Johnny Wright to the list of people that Lutfi may have been working for?

It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

55 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

• Lutfi appeared on the scene mere weeks/months after the last payment to WEG was made in late December 2006.
  • Howard Grossman was hired in August 2007 and Lynne claims that Lutfi told her he controlled Grossman. Just a few months ago, Lutfi released text messages that showed he was talking to Grossman about digging into Britney's finances.
  • The WEG suit was filed in late October 2007, just one month after Lutfi had been living in Britney's house full time.

"...the theft is on a grand scale, involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering, and that the theft occurred prior to the conservatorship taking place and continues still."

Side note...

• Lutfi stepped into the manager's role once filled by Johnny Wright...It's here where he appears to have "gone rogue" from whatever his original assignment was.

Either way...

I wonder if we should add Johnny Wright to the list of people that Lutfi may have been working for?

I understand your logic. It’s convincing. So possible? Yes. But it feels like JW is the least likely. At this point Johnny had been out of B’s life for 5 years. It’s seems more likely that Larry spilled the beans about diverted assets/commissions to Johnny after Brit fired Larry (for the second time).

also Larry, Lou, and Lutfi are also in someway associated with Courtney Love and Lindsey Lohan. I don’t think Johnny Wright was ever been associated with Lutfi (other than Britney if that was what was happening).

54 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Side note...

Either way...

The only thing that doesn't add up is that they're on the wrong coasts.  I understand the possible connection between Lutfi and Blair Berk's husband.  I dug up a loose connection between one of the crummy movies Lutfi is linked to and Betty Wyman's brother. It makes sense if Lutfi started out as a MVK private investigator-type hire and wormed his way into a position of power by actually becoming friendly with Britney and sticking around for her.  Also, the attorney Townsend in the WEG case was quite persistent about trying to contact all of the parties involved in the suit.  If Wright was instructing Lutfi to do certain things, it doesn't make a ton of sense with regards to the idea that Wright's ultimate goal is to get paid what he's owed SOONER rather than later.  

However - is it possible that Lutfi was in contact with Wright and might this account for the "theft is on a grand scale" comment + the years of prolonged agony for Jamie, his colon, and the restraining orders? Yes, absolutely!  It actually seems quite likely - look at the timing of everything! Why was Wright's lawsuit filed on October 26th 2007? Because Lutfi was in contact with him and knew enough of the con's planning to tip off Wright?  

@Steel Magnolia I did a deep dive on Betty Wyman last week and came up with surprisingly little. There was an interesting connection between Barry Tarlow, Courtney Love and Betty Wyman ~ "Betty Wyman" was soliciting chemical dependency nurses for the Exodus Center at Daniel Freeman Hospital in June of 1994.  I can't find anything that directly links her to working there in April 1994, but perhaps she met Courtney Love at this time?  

spacer.png

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I understand your logic. It’s convincing. So possible? Yes. But it feels like JW is the least likely. At this point Johnny had been out of B’s life for 5 years. It’s seems more likely that Larry spilled the beans about diverted assets/commissions to Johnny after Brit fired Larry (for the second time).

also Larry, Lou, and Lutfi are also in someway associated with Courtney Love and Lindsey Lohan. I don’t think Johnny Wright was ever been associated with Lutfi (other than Britney if that was what was happening).

Ah, but I still view Larry out as one of the prime suspects.

And Johnny may have been out of Britney's life for five years...But the payments coming to a complete stop in December 2006 was fresh.

11 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

The only thing that doesn't add up is that they're on the wrong coasts.  I understand the possible connection between Lutfi and Blair Berk's husband.  I dug up a loose connection between one of the crummy movies Lutfi is linked to and Betty Wyman's brother. It makes sense if Lutfi started out as a MVK private investigator-type hire and wormed his way into a position of power by actually becoming friendly with Britney and sticking around for her.  Also, the attorney Townsend in the WEG case was quite persistent about trying to contact all of the parties involved in the suit.  If Wright was instructing Lutfi to do certain things, it doesn't make a ton of sense with regards to the idea that Wright's ultimate goal is to get paid what he's owed SOONER rather than later.  

However - is it possible that Lutfi was in contact with Wright and might this account for the "theft is on a grand scale" comment + the years of prolonged agony for Jamie, his colon, and the restraining orders? Yes, absolutely!  It actually seems quite likely - look at the timing of everything! Why was Wright's lawsuit filed on October 26th 2007? Because Lutfi was in contact with him and knew enough of the con's planning to tip off Wright?  

Johnny being on the wrong coast is the exact reason why his lawyers might hire a private investigator and/or a "set of eyes" to pry into Britney's situation — Johnny can't be there in Los Angeles himself to dig into what's going on.

What "certain things" do you think Lutfi might have been instructed to do? ... It's Lynne Spears who is making all of the accusations against Lutfi. For all we know, Lutfi is telling the truth and is completely innocent (apart from trying to scam Britney into a management contract). It may well have been Lynne who drugged Britney for both rehab and the second 5150, and is making accusations against him to divert everyone's attention away from what she did.

Apart from the Spears clan, everyone around Lutfi has supported him...Alli Sims, Adnan Ghalib, etc.

It seems odd, considering what he's been accused of.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It may well have been Lynne who drugged Britney for both rehab and the second 5150, and is making accusations against him to divert everyone's attention away from what she did.

about the second 5150, it was issued by Britney one-week psychiatrist. HOWEVER, it is entirely possible that the psychiatrist interviewed the family and took their words by heart when she issued the 5150. We know by Lutfi's screenshots that apparently Lynne was telling journalists Britney was possessed by something dark and there's Lou with her gay demon thing. I wonder what was Lutfi's role in that, because his commentary implies January 2008 was awful and that he in part agreed with the 5150. Now he doesn't.

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...