WEG vs. Brand Sense — Diverted Commissions, Racketeering, and "Sneaky and Underhanded" Dealings : A Research Thread

1 hour ago, DuranDuran said:

Yeah, it would also explain why Britney's mother was always sitting on the fence until recently, because I think if it was only about Jaime, she would have quickly thrown him under the bus...

In any case , poor Britney... how "lucky" she is to have such a family...

OMG! That makes perfect sense! 

I was never convinced that Jamie was stealing from Britney — I always thought that it would be too difficult to outright steal from her if they had to submit accounting reports to the court.

But if the entire purpose wasn't for Jamie to steal, but instead to cover up for other family members previously stealing or losing her funds (e.g. by making horrible investments) while continuing to allow for the "family business" to make bank...then that makes much more sense to me.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Her team and family have been outstanding at conveying the image that Britney is mentally unstable and that they saved her skin over the years. Let’s blame Britney’s erratic spending habits and the fact that she’s so crazy and lacks capacity/understanding. 

I remember reading Lynne’s book and genuinely trusting her thinking Jamie was always the bad cop and that Britney trusted her. Now looking back the book is full of lies  all to manipulate us into thinking that everyone saved Britney from herself.

The reality is that Britney would never have been pushed to breaking point had she been listened to from the beginning. Her team were working her like a machine. The OHT dates are so closely jam packed together (you only have to go online to see). No wonder she threw in the towel. She has so many people on her payroll. It’s not Britney’s responsibility to fund Jamie, Lynne, Bryan or Jamie-Lynn. Even worse these people have no respect for her and treat her like trash. Bryan’s justifications show just how dumb he really is. Bryan is happy to take her money and be taken to award shows with his daughter. 

If it weren’t for Britney, most people around her probably wouldn’t have any income because they rely so heavily on it. That’s why she’s now treated like bank rather than a human being. It’s not enough to just wish for her freedom. People need to face consequences for what they’ve done - this is fraud.

your comment is spot on and should be read in the documentary for the GP to hear and finally open their eyes

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

The reality is that Britney would never have been pushed to breaking point had she been listened to from the beginning. Her team were working her like a machine. The OHT dates are so closely jam packed together (you only have to go online to see). No wonder she threw in the towel. She has so many people on her payroll.

She jumped that over-worked ship from the beginning.  Didn't she go on three straight major tours in three straight years even before that?

The bottom line is this: Did Britney have a chance to get out of/re-negotiate her contractual agreements around 2004-2005 but chose not to, or did the pathetic Larry Rudolph sign her to inflexible contracts from the beginning of her career that sealed her fate from the very beginning?

Just now, zxcvb said:

She jumped that over-worked ship from the beginning.  Didn't she go on three straight major tours in three straight years even before that?

The bottom line is this: Did Britney have a chance to get out of/re-negotiate her contractual agreements around 2004-2005 but chose not to, or did the pathetic Larry Rudolph sign her to inflexible contracts from the beginning of her career that sealed her fate from the very beginning?

Britney was worked like a DOG. IDK how she survived that oops era. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Her team and family have been outstanding at conveying the image that Britney is mentally unstable and that they saved her skin over the years. Let’s blame Britney’s erratic spending habits and the fact that she’s so crazy and lacks capacity/understanding. 

I remember reading Lynne’s book and genuinely trusting her thinking Jamie was always the bad cop and that Britney trusted her. Now looking back the book is full of lies  all to manipulate us into thinking that everyone saved Britney from herself.

The reality is that Britney would never have been pushed to breaking point had she been listened to from the beginning. Her team were working her like a machine. The OHT dates are so closely jam packed together (you only have to go online to see). No wonder she threw in the towel. She has so many people on her payroll. It’s not Britney’s responsibility to fund Jamie, Lynne, Bryan or Jamie-Lynn. Even worse these people have no respect for her and treat her like trash. Bryan’s justifications show just how dumb he really is. Bryan is happy to take her money and be taken to award shows with his daughter. 

If it weren’t for Britney, most people around her probably wouldn’t have any income because they rely so heavily on it. That’s why she’s now treated like bank rather than a human being. It’s not enough to just wish for her freedom. People need to face consequences for what they’ve done - this is fraud.

100%

49 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

The OHT dates are so closely jam packed together (you only have to go online to see).

Also her schedule from the beginning of her career was crazy:

Recorded BOMT Album in May 1998 in Sweden;
BOMT Tour June - Sept 1999;
Recorded Oops Album November in Sweden and December in Switzerland of 1999 & January 2000;
Crazy2k Tour Mar - Apr 2000;
Oops Tour June 2000 - Jan 2001;
Recorded Britney Album February - July of 2001;
Filmed Crossroads Movie March - September of 2001;
DWAD Tour Nov 2001 - July 2002.

After the end of DWAD Tour in July 2002, Britney wanted to take a break for 6 months, but in november 2002, she revealed that she was already working on her next studio album.

Recorded ITZ Album  November 2002 – August 2003

OH Tour March 2004 - June  2004

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 2:36 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Does anyone know who Britney's business manager was from 2003 to 2007?

you just answered yourself

On 1/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Streisand says Britney has expressed a "very strong desire" for her father, Jamie Spears, not to be the conservator of her estate, and asked the court to name Northern Trust Bank and her business manager Howard Grossman as co-conservators.

Howard Grossman was her business manager until the conservatorship lawyers didn't like when he allowed Britney to drive her own Mercedes in late February 2008. He was in pre-cship

Don't know about between 2003 and 2006 specifically

Howard Grossman, I believe, is part of the team Lutfi assembled in 2007: 

Lutfi said he accepted the job with conditions, insisting that Britney allow him to put together a new “varsity team” consisting of a lawyer, agent and business manager.

“And I wanted her to promise me to stay clean,” he said, noting he brought ****-sniffing dogs to Spears’ home, where they found a baggie full of a white powder.

https://ew.com/article/2012/10/24/britney-spears-sam-lutfi-trial/

20 minutes ago, Applejack said:

you just answered yourself

Howard Grossman was her business manager until the conservatorship lawyers didn't like when he allowed Britney to drive her own Mercedes in late February 2008. He was in pre-cship

Don't know about between 2003 and 2006 specifically

I think what I was looking for here was whether Howard Grossman was a Bryan hire in 2003 when he became "top cop," or a Britney hire in November 2006 when she divorced Kevin.

The WEG lawsuit said that there was a belief that corporations were formed to divert commissions, and that payments to WEG had stopped around the time of the divorce — but that they hadn't received a full accounting going as far back as ITZ...So I was trying to figure out who may have formed the corporations to divert the commissions.

17 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I think what I was looking for here was whether Howard Grossman was a Bryan hire in 2003 when he became "top cop," or a Britney hire in November 2006 when she divorced Kevin.

The WEG lawsuit said that there was a belief that corporations were formed to divert commissions, and that payments to WEG had stopped around the time of the divorce — but that they hadn't received a full accounting going as far back as ITZ...So I was trying to figure out who may have formed the corporations to divert the commissions.

Yeah, I thought about that as well. It doesn't seem Grossman was there before 2007. All I know is that Larry was the manager around the time of the divorce.

And there's this article that gives a little clue

https://www.foxnews.com/story/britney-spears-200g-deficit

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Yeah, I thought about that as well. It doesn't seem Grossman was there before 2007. All I know is that Larry was the manager around the time of the divorce.

And there's this article that gives a little clue

https://www.foxnews.com/story/britney-spears-200g-deficit

Of course, the paragraph that jumped out to me was this:

"The 2006 tax return is signed by an accountant in Tennessee. Britney’s older brother Bryan, age 30, signed the return in his role as president on Dec. 1, 2007."

Not just an accountant in Tennessee, but a female accountant.

I wonder what Bryan's official title was as the "top cop" of her finances? Or did he have one? Whatever it was, it is starting to look more and more like his role as the Co-Trustee of the SJB Revocable Trust — starting in February of 2008 — was for a purpose.

• Love 4
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Bumping this...

Just in case any investigative journalists might be visiting. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Once the Netflix doc come out, I’m sure there will be an explosion of interest in that domain. 

The director/producer Erin Lee Carr is known for her true crime docs. If this forthcoming production is anything like her other work, she’ll dig deep and wide.

• Like 3