PCD Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

TELEMMGLPICT000002063460_trans_NvBQzQNjv

The *****cat Dolls are an American girl group and dance ensemble, founded in Los Angeles, California, by choreographer Robin Antin in 1995 as a burlesque troupe. At the suggestion of Jimmy Iovine, Antin decided to take the burlesque troupe mainstream as a pop group.[2] Antin negotiated a record deal with Interscope Geffen A&M Records in 2003 turning the group into a music franchise comprising Nicole Scherzinger, Carmit Bachar, Ashley Roberts, Jessica Sutta, Melody Thornton, and Kimberly Wyatt. Their debut single, "Sway", was featured on the soundtrack of the 2004 film Shall We Dance?.

After that came their debut album, PCD, released on September 12th, 2005. The album includes huge hits such as Buttons and Don't cha. 

Don't cha was released on April 2005 as the first single and peaked at number 2 on the Billboard hot 100 chart. 

the-pussycat-dolls-dont-cha-ep.jpg?w=551

pussycat-dolls-band-members-costumes-wal

Followed by the success of PCD was Doll Domination released on September 18th, 2008. 

61-1Ak4Q0ZL.jpg

The album's lead single "When I Grow Up" was released on May 27, 2008 and serviced to contemporary hit radio stations on June 1, 2008. The single was received favorably by contemporary music critics, many of whom highlighted it as a stand-out track from Doll Domination. The song peaked at number nine on Billboard Hot 100, becoming the group's highest charting single since "Buttons". The accompanying music video was nominated in five categories at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards, and went on to win Best Dance Video.

In 2010, the group officially broke up due to internal disagreement. However, in 2019, we got the surprising news that the group was back together without Melody who is pursuing her own solo career. 

So what is your favorite memory of the band or favorite song? :imhere_run_excited: 

Mine has to be Buttons and When i grow up :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: i love them so much. They had so much stage presence and energy and the dancing was out of this world (except for Melody but home girl was trying her best). 

PCD.JPG.215b688b48483c1bc22bf9823562f8c7.JPG

The MV for Buttons cured the common cold! 

I adore the song of course, it’s my favourite but the video adds an extra layer of sensation to it. From Snoop Dogs intro to the dance break, their unified beauty and the theme / atmosphere the whole video conveys... it’s simply a masterpiece :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

In general, I love PCD and they had one of greatest reunions ever, React is a smash and really proved that they have nothing more to prove as a group. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, geminidreams said:

The MV for Buttons cured the common cold! 

I adore the song of course, it’s my favourite but the video adds an extra layer of sensation to it. From Snoop Dogs intro to the dance break, their unified beauty and the theme / atmosphere the whole video conveys... it’s simply a masterpiece :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

In general, I love PCD and they had one of greatest reunions ever, React is a smash and really proved that they have nothing more to prove as a group. 

Can someone pin this comment right here? You are speaking nothing but pure facts and I love you for it.

im so excited for their reunion project to keep going and for the album to be released.

The music video for Buttons should be in a museum :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block