Personal stories about when you become a fan

JamesRodriguez

For my podcast, The Original Doll - Britney Spears, I would love to interview people for their own personal stories and connection to the music, etc of Britney Spears. 

It will be a future episode that is devoted to having people tell their own stories about their favorite songs, or experiences with Britney Spears music. Talking about how her art impacted you personally. 

Send me a message!  (The podcast is a philanthropic one so whenever a guest answers questions, items get donated to charity). Thank you!  -James Rodriguez. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was a damn nerd in elementary school and in h.school too. i was like- well im not pretty or interesting so i'll just study af and focus on school

h.school bullied me to the pits of hell. a group of girls made a fb page about me and posted the meanest **** about me. and fb was still kinda new back in 07-08. i didnt have it or care about it

when i found out that the whole school is living for that page i turned to listening blackout all the time. i stopped giving a **** about being quiet and pleasing people. i was always caring blackout cd with me and i had it on mp4 too. i was pouring all the anger in those songs. i loved gimme more, get back, break the ice and piece of me the most. i always wanted rebellion to leak

and when ur fave is not giving a **** too, you get a boost not to give a **** too. it's kinda like a black mirror episode tbh

blackout made those h.school yrs more bearable and nowadays when i see new leaks and photoshoot outtakes i remember my ****ty and dark h.school days but without pain. idk. its def a personal album to me

i wish blackout re-release came true cuz things only got worse lol

update- tnx for all the replies but i really feel like i shouldnt talk about it in too much detail. my bullying was so bad even europol was involved at one point and im horrified of even mentioning the whole thing because 90% of people i used to know left me cuz of the blackmails, doxing and stuff. if my bullies find out im talking about them they'll turn my life into a bigger hell again. the whole thing is super F***ed up and the only thing that kept stable and never left me was britneys music

I watched the episodes of Deep Dive and what shes been through really touched me. I didnt know about her cship, her father and her team pushing her. The media, paparazzi, the society etc.  Her reputation peaked on a wrong era. She is so strong. Then i started watching her old performances. Honestly i have never seen her pre2004 performances. Besides her iconic music, She was one of a kind even better than the professional dancers. So, #freebritney movement initiated it.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cat said:

i was a damn nerd in elementary school and in h.school too. i was like- well im not pretty or interesting so i'll just study af and focus on school

h.school bullied me to the pits of hell. a group of girls made a fb page about me and posted the meanest **** about me. and fb was still kinda new back in 07-08. i didnt have it or care about it

when i found out that the whole school is living for that page i turned to listening blackout all the time. i stopped giving a **** about being quiet and pleasing people. i was always caring blackout cd with me and i had it on mp4 too. i was pouring all the anger in those songs. i loved gimme more, get back, break the ice and piece of me the most. i always wanted rebellion to leak

and when ur fave is not giving a **** too, you get a boost not to give a **** too. it's kinda like a black mirror episode tbh

blackout made those h.school yrs more bearable and nowadays when i see new leaks and photoshoot outtakes i remember my ****ty and dark h.school days but without pain. idk. its def a personal album to me

OMG I´m so sorry that this happend to you!:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I hope you know that with these people something is seriously wrong and with you everything is fine.

I've known her and her music since I was a kid and I listened to some of her bops obvi - I wasnt really insterested in her as a person tho, I obvi knew that she's a legend and I liked her but I became a fan maybe one year ago when I started to listen to more of her songs from all albums and watching interviews, performances, photoshoots from 2000s and I realized how iconic and amazing she is. I love Blackout and In The Zone and it still sounds better than most of the songs of other artists nowadays, her music, beauty are just timeless and it inspires me everyday. 

5 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

This hurt, wishing you the best and hope you're doing ok today ❤

I was always fascinated by Britney. She just had something that reminded me of my childhood. I remember getting the ITZ CD and hating the album. I thought she had gotten way to grown up but I loved the singles. It’s weird I loved Outrageous which isn’t one of my favourites now.

After Do Somethin’ I kind of drifted away from Britney but I remember hating how everyone was bashing her in 2007. It was so cruel everyone was properly going for her. When she came back with Womanizer I was super excited. I remember she performed it on X Factor UK and the buzz for her comeback was phenomenal. 

As I got into my late teens and early 20s I became obsessed with her. I had always liked her but I began to stan and joined Exhale. ITZ is my favourite album. It’s got me through a lot of tough **** which is a part of growing up. She had so many struggles which empowered me. ITZ is such a vibe and you go through all these different emotions as you turn into an adult. Britney was my comfort. I love how sweet she is and no matter how much life has kicked her she remains to humble and doesn’t slate off other celebs.

I was suicidal at the age of 14/15 no mum,I looked after my dad..school life was tragic, I watched my father slowly kill himself then suddenly overnight being overwhelmed with every uk newspaper every magazine out there,"britney shears" britney shaved her head in 2007

This woman i knew from bomt to toxic in my subconscious, suddenly going through hell and heartbreak..I instantly related and respected her, I instantly became a fan for those reasons 

My son was born in 2012,  my dad died November 2017, I found out my ex was cheating in our bed 3 days after ..ny head was shook and docs gave me valium to try and treat and obvious state of PTSD and anxiety..my world had fallen apart,  everything I had worked for,  I then spent as much time seeing my son when I could..no social life 

My first and only serious relationship since school gave me my geogous son,  I worked, came home had my son repeat, for 3 years , she was out cheating on me by the time he was 5 ..so songs like let go and everyday meant everything to me and quicksand and out from under,  ..I basically related to britney,  putting everything first for love and family only for it to blow up in my face

Time with my son

Medication to get over her 

Rebelling now to new found single life just beforeXmas : suddenly sleeping with another woman,  and then eventually thinking about experimenting with guys, lost..I was lost..life lost purpose...

Watching for the record gave me strength,  her success gives me strength,  I've never felt so understood by someone I've never personally met..

I saw her concert in London 02 arena 2018.. but its deeper than her shows and music..

This woman helped me so much with her inspirational life.. her music calmed my nerves when I was low her music helped me when I was high,  I feel like she's helped me grow..as a person..from a school kid to the 27 year old man I am now..she was always real.. and I admired that 

She was from a small town.. same

She loves with everything..same

She was forced into difficult situations for her own sake.. same

She missed her baby/babies.. same 

Her 'family' took advantage of her..same

All that she wanted was to be wanted..same

Britney isn't just a singer or entertainer.. shes my idol ..her passion,  her patience, I feel lucky to have lived in the same time period as her,  she's helped me..when no one else could..shes my constant.  And I am forever grateful for everything she helps me through.. a true fan :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Oh god its got me tearing up just thinking about the journey I spend with miss spears..

I will forever stan..shes just the perfect example of a pop star but more importantly shes the perfect example of a role model and inspiration 

I used to say that Britney uses a lot of make up (lucky video) then I saw the making the video and I thought lucky was someone else (not Brit herself) :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: I felt in love with her goofiness and humility since that moment. Then I bough oops album, stole baby form my brother and the rest is history :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

Selena my first love had died and then at 10 years old I saw ...BABY ONE MORE TIME and I was hooked. I've been a fan ever since like I bought every album, dvd, perfume...I have the demos, rock versions, acapellas, live studio versions...Just seeing her be so strong and talented like it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Kinda funny because seeing her be wholesome like in Sometimes made me realize you can be **** and still keep your values. 

Recently during lockdown the circus tour keeps me going especially with the 'womanizer finale ending' during the first leg like this  before they switched it to the 'circus reprise' ..britney seemed to have so much fun during circus tour, it was basically her blackout/circus tour..back when she thought cship was temporary..

Also iheart performance 

Rihanna s &m performance 

Basically all her old work is keeping me going! 

Well just have to wait and see till then,  lockdown with britney recommended is atleast something to look forward to :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Well, I was a kid, around 7 or 8 in 1999, I saw her for the 1st time on tv because of my older cousins who listened to MTV music in general. I saw the Crazy music video and I fell in love with her but I didnt know her name, the title of the song or anything else. I remember changing channels on tv (while watching cartoons lol) and eveytime I put on mtv I remembered the girl I saw one day hoping for her to show up. For a long time, I thought Crazy was her debut single until I read somewhere about BOMT :clown_meme__makeup_green: back in the day we didnt have social media to get informed about this type of things. 

I became obssesed before the Oops song came out. She has influenced me so much not only in a musical level but in a personal level as well. I think we all have gone through hard times with her music and without her songs it would have been much harder to go through those problems. She was the 1st english speaking singer I knew so the variety of music, bands and other singers I got to know thanks to getting into english language music was amazing.

At this point, it is impossible for me to stop stanning her because she's been almost my entire life with me. Seeing her at her best and at her worst as well makes me appreciate her much more not only as a popstar but as a human. 

Archived