The Weeknd: my Grammys are meaningless

1 hour ago, bas che said:

I really don’t think he’s throwing a tantrum. He’s been bombarded with questions asking him to comment about the Grammys. He’s merely addressing the issue and giving people answers about the whole situation. yall make it sound like he’s just a whiner.

Also, The Weeknd is more deserving than the entire sad list of Grammy nominees for this year. Prove me wrong. 

Bombarded with questions?  

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity
maybe he should pee on his Grammies  :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I mean he is good, but not really iconic, next level and i don't understand why he is doing the Superbowl. 

I mean right choice for him, but Superbowl is more interesting for people like Lady GaGa, many smash hits, even the non-fans enjoy some of the songs. 

Like don't argue and give them your best effort next year and prove them wrong. 

4 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

He could’ve just said, ‘I was a bit shocked and disappointed because I was expecting it since that’s what everyone told me. But it’s cool and we’ll see,’ or something vague like that. But instead he discredits the Grammy’s because they didn’t nominate his album? But when he did win, they were great, now that he didn’t, it’s like meh well who cares.

I agree with you, it may sound a bit desperate but I don’t think he is the only one who complained about the Grammy and how they adopted a pay-to-win model since 2008 or so. He’s just amplifying what already has been said by many of his peers and supporters. 

• Like 1

It sucks for The Weeknd to feel that way because he delivered an amazing album and era that is very deserving. However, Grammys have been on the decline for the past years and many “questionable” people have been awarded ones. So, this shouldn’t be any validation for him because his numbers and impact are there to speak for it. 

19 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

The Weeknd says the Grammys he won previously mean nothing to him now.

"'Look, I personally don't care anymore. I have three Grammys, which mean nothing to me now, obviously," he said in a new interview with Billboard.

"It's not like, "Oh, I want the Grammy!"' he said. 'It's just that this happened, and I'm down to get in front of the fire, as long as it never happens again."

"I suck at giving speeches anyways. Forget awards shows."

"We did everything right, I think. I'm not a cocky person. I'm not arrogant. People told me I was going to get nominated. The world told me. Like, "This is it; this is your year." We were all very confused."

Thoughts, Exhale? 

Related:

weeknd-grammy.jpg.79ba9901b5b823fd97c78d8d08f1bd9a.jpg

Seems like he is really upset, and I can understand him, but I see no lies... The Grammy Award means nothing since you can buy them... :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block