Britney & Celine both wanted to cover 'Whole Again' by Atomic Kitten

Slayer

Whole Again was recorded by UK girl group 'Atomic Kitten'.

Whole Again was a huge hit, selling more than two million copies and topping the charts throughout Europe. 

As soon as Whole Again was a hit, other artists wanted to record it for release in America.

“We turned down Britney Spears and Celine Dion,” Andy reveals. “They would’ve had a hit in another 50 countries around the world. We turned them down because it was our song for our babies. We were standing by our principles.”

I'm from the UK and this song was ICONIC! Glad Atomic Kitten had it, they were a great group! I think Britney would have done an amazing version though!

The song in question:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember this being massive at the time but I prefer the Kerry Katona version. She gave those spoken words more heart and soul than Jenny Frost ever could. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think they actually released this in the US? I remember seeing the US version of the video on The Box. 

1 minute ago, MM0219 said:

I remember this being massive at the time but I prefer the Kerry Katona version. She gave those spoken words more heart and soul than Jenny Frost ever could. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think they actually released this in the US? I remember seeing the US version of the video on The Box. 

I hated Kerry so much and I was so glad when Jenny came in :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I think they did release it in the US too!

4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I hated Kerry so much and I was so glad when Jenny came in :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I always wondered how Kerry leaving came about. She must have been kicking herself when this took off.....literally weeks, if not days, after her departure. 

1 minute ago, nwonder said:

Showing excellent judgement

:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

...once again 

I just hate everything about her :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I was so sad when she didn't re-join when AK got back together so the desperate Kerry re-joined :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

Then they kicked Kerry out again for being awful! 

Jenny, Liz & Tash are still close - they always seemed to get on which I loved! :) 

21 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I just hate everything about her :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I was so sad when she didn't re-join when AK got back together so the desperate Kerry re-joined :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

Then they kicked Kerry out again for being awful! 

Jenny, Liz & Tash are still close - they always seemed to get on which I loved! :) 

Omg I had no idea they reunited and I just googled the drama

:gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

How they picked that mess Kerry over Jenny.

Just seeing a pic of Kerry and I can hear her awful voice in my head.  It’s very triggering.

I can’t believe the tabloids used to call her the UK Britney. Like a world of NO.

I think the writer of the song is giving himself way too much praise. I assume that it may have been wanted by Celine's husband as they usually but did campaign for songs for each album and it would fit onto her A New Day album or perhaps her Miracle album. But Celine demands the writers to give her publishing otherwise she won't record a song. I doubt Britney would record it in 2001. It didn't suit her sound. Perhaps they assumed that Jive wanted it for Britney but they had a different artist planned to record it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, rennen said:

On 1/29/2021 at 4:57 PM, Slayer said:

Sorry for this late response but based on what a user on ATRL said, apparently Atomic Kitten was planning to release this in the US including filming a high production U.S. MV but 9/11 messed up their plans :( 

Archived