Shania Twain new album in 2021! How can she achieve success?

I found this quote from her:

"I mean, I've got a mountain of songs now," she says with a smile during a recent virtual appearance on ABC's Live With Kelly and Ryan. "You know, COVID has lasted so much longer than any of us expected, so I have enough music for three albums now."

That's been a bright spot for Twain during an otherwise unpredictable year. "I just keep writing and writing and writing and writing. Yeah, it's good. I have been very productive, yeah," she adds.

https://tasteofcountry.com/shania-twain-new-music-quarantine-live-with-kelly-and-ryan/

• Love 1

Back in August, "Entertainment Tonight" reported Shania plans to release two albums back to back in the Spring.

Although Twain has found the pandemic challenging on both a “functional and anxiety” level, she noted that years of songwriting and studio time means she’s accustomed to periods of isolation. Of course, it helps that her isolation involves being in a cabin in the middle of nature with her beloved horses and dogs, a scene she describes as “heaven." The musician is, however, pained by the uglier side of the pandemic, which is why her upcoming music is beaming with positivity.

“With the whole [coronavirus] experience, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not sad [from] watching others struggle and the difficulties it's creating for so many people around the world,” she says. “On the other hand, I'm seeing people going out of the way to reflect positivity and find the good in everything, so that's inspired me to stay more positive with my writing. The album is quite energetic [and] uplifting. This period has encouraged me to tap into my positive nature.”

Doing so has put her on a roll. The 54-year-old singer revealed that she has written so many songs that she plans to release two records back to back, hopefully in the Spring.

https://www.etonline.com/shania-twain-talks-isolation-strengthening-her-marriage-if-she-denied-luke-bryan-her-number-151376

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, justin4britney said:

I mean Now was  #1 with 137,000 copies sold....not a flop. 

Nobody is selling albums compared to artists in 1998-2002....

True, but after NOW debuted at #1, it free-falled off the charts. It's lead single "Life's About To Get Good" peaked at #32. No other songs charted.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MuzikFeet said:

Back in August, "Entertainment Tonight" reported Shania plans to release two albums back to back in the Spring.

Although Twain has found the pandemic challenging on both a “functional and anxiety” level, she noted that years of songwriting and studio time means she’s accustomed to periods of isolation. Of course, it helps that her isolation involves being in a cabin in the middle of nature with her beloved horses and dogs, a scene she describes as “heaven." The musician is, however, pained by the uglier side of the pandemic, which is why her upcoming music is beaming with positivity.

“With the whole [coronavirus] experience, there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not sad [from] watching others struggle and the difficulties it's creating for so many people around the world,” she says. “On the other hand, I'm seeing people going out of the way to reflect positivity and find the good in everything, so that's inspired me to stay more positive with my writing. The album is quite energetic [and] uplifting. This period has encouraged me to tap into my positive nature.”

Doing so has put her on a roll. The 54-year-old singer revealed that she has written so many songs that she plans to release two records back to back, hopefully in the Spring.

https://www.etonline.com/shania-twain-talks-isolation-strengthening-her-marriage-if-she-denied-luke-bryan-her-number-151376

TWO ALBUMS??? Wow!

13 hours ago, MuzikFeet said:

True, but after NOW debuted at #1, it free-falled off the charts. It's lead single "Life's About To Get Good" peaked at #32. No other songs charted.

But when you put this into perspective or compare it to what her peers are doing....it was a great run. 

Unfortunately we can’t expect our legacy artists to pull huge numbers with their new releases. 

• Like 1

I'm so excited for the new album :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: I really liked Now so I hope this new one is just as good or even better. But regarding commercial success at this point in her career I don't think she's expected to be extremely successful, for someone that hadn't released an album in 15 years Now did incredibly well. I think in order for her to maybe do good sales wise she should work with popular country producers and maybe collaborate with current popular country singers (obviously I would love for her to collab with Taylor but I don't think that's gonna happen). Now debuted with 137K copies first week in the US so I'm expecting this new album to sell like 95K first week.

• Love 1

I loved Shania back in the day. She added pop influences to a very country sound, but I would also say that her appeal was her attitude and a certain edge to her voice. I just didn't see that attitude or edge anymore.

I think NOW was too much adult contemporary and too little country. She should work with Shane McAnally. I think he's awesome and someone she could create magic with :)

• Like 1

She probably doesn’t have much of a chance of a smash hit nowadays, but you never know. I thought now was decent, but it lacked having some of the fun of her last albums. I’ll always check out her new music, and I think she has enough of a fan base that she’ll always do decent. I read her book a few years ago, and I liked it a lot. But I always remember her saying it in she has vocal problems that started while she was touring. Unfortunately you can hear that, even in her recordings, her voice is not what it used to be. Shania will always be a legend though, especially in the country world. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block