Shania Twain new album in 2021! How can she achieve success?

Before Taylor straddled the country and pop genres as the Americana Princess, there was Canadian Shania Twain who forged a path from Country to Soft-rock/Pop in the late 90's and early 2000's, spawning 3 DIAMOND ALBUMS. Since her break from music in 2005, Shania has met challenges in achieving the same impact on radio.

In 2017, Shania released an album titled NOW, which was her first studio album in 15 years! Needless to say, times have changed and her formula changed. 'NOW' was not met with the same success as her albums from the late 90s and early 2000s. She worked with all new producers since she and her producer-husband split, this resulted in an album that was sonically different from her previous. Her goal on this album seemed to be to continue the genre-bending; instead of producing a separate mix for the pop version and the country version of songs, she attempted to blend genres. With the blending of genres and the production changes, as well as the maturing of Shania's voice, the result was something almost unfamiliar compared to her previous records. Compare "Who's Gonna Be Your Girl" to "Pour Me" - both are a blend of country music with modern dance-pop:

So, now we wonder where Shania should go from here: Should she go back to making separate country and pop mixes for songs? Should she release a more stripped-down album and go back to her Country roots? Should she incorporate Hip-Hop and collaborate with a rapper like Billy Ray Cyrus did with "Old Town Road"? What can Shania do to get the public interested in her music again?

In 2020, Shania released a few collaborations with younger Country/Pop artists:

Also, she performed on television a few times:

So now that we know Shania is gearing up for a comeback to music, are you excited? What do you think she should do differently this time to spark up interest in her music? Which genre and style would you like from her? Share your thoughts! <3

Source: Shania stated on ET last year that a new album could be expected by Spring 2021 - let's hope it isn't delayed! 

Shania-Twain-Denim-Shirt_FTR.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 2

2 things that would guarantee her some success. Get back with Mutt Lange and write some more great song. Or recruit Max Martin ... or Dr Luke. 😃

other then that she has a great catalogue so she does not really need more hit songs. But I’m still waiting for that one massive hit song comeback from her. Maybe a duet with Taylor Swift?

• Love 2

Wait so is she releasing a new album? I love Shania. I don't want to see her doing anything like Old Town Road lol that's just not who she is. The reason her last album didn't do so well is probably bc she wasn't working with her ex husband for the first time. They had a lot of magic together and obviously she had to change things up after her divorce. She also got older and it's reflected in her music which is totally fine. I don't see her being like Madonna or other pop artists who are obsessed with youth and trying to stay on trend.

She's just making music that she likes and is relevant to her at the time and it's a shame that it's not super successful but I don't think her music has to be at this point. Her last album was good and her shows are still great. She really has nothing to prove and she's been through a lot so it's fun to see her just having fun. That's definitely reflected in her music.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, limezd said:

2 this that would guarantee her some success. Get back with Mutt Lange and write some more great song. Or recruit Max Martin ... or Dr Luke. 😃

other then that she has a great catalogue so she does not really need more hit songs. But I’m still waiting for that one massive hit song comeback from her. Maybe a duet with Taylor Swift?

Omg...I was really just thinking a duet with Taylor could be good! 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Wait so is she releasing a new album? I love Shania. I don't want to see her doing anything like Old Town Road lol that's just not who she is. The reason her last album didn't do so well is probably bc she wasn't working with her ex husband for the first time. They had a lot of magic together and obviously she had to change things up after her divorce. She also got older and it's reflected in her music which is totally fine. I don't see her being like Madonna or other pop artists who are obsessed with youth and trying to stay on trend.

She's just making music that she likes and is relevant to her at the time and it's a shame that it's not super successful but I don't think her music has to be at this point. Her last album was good and her shows are still great. She really has nothing to prove and she's been through a lot so it's fun to see her just having fun. That's definitely reflected in her music.

According to her interview on ET last year, it could be expected in Spring of 2021! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, limezd said:

2 things that would guarantee her some success. Get back with Mutt Lange and write some more great song. Or recruit Max Martin ... or Dr Luke. 😃

Mutt Lange is her ex husband,  married to her former best friend.  

Yeah, no, I'm sorry.

The fact is Shania married her former best friends husband n.

Best to avoid everybody. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Mutt Lange is her ex husband,  married to her former best friend.  

Yeah, no, I'm sorry.

The fact is Shania married her former best friends husband n.

Best to avoid everybody. 

Yeah I know it’s her ex and she hates him. I was going for the impossible that would guarantee her a hit single. Lol

• Like 1

NOW only really took off with SWINGING,KISS and LIFE'S ABOUT TO GET GOOD the rest of the album should have been scrapped. Shania is known for having great albums not just singles and that's where this album failed. She should have launched in the modern country sound. She also should have addressed her divorce more(angry songs) because she played the bitter angry ex wife in her reality show(which I disliked because she blamed her friend not MUTT) and the public follows that narrative and that's what we expect and want to hear. She was always half of her success so she needs to find another writing and producer to work and grow with if she can't work with MUTT. She had a brief resurgence and she missed the chance to capitalize on it. She is also known for her fashion so she needs to bring that extravagance next time too.  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, bas che said:

Poor Me is such an underrated song. NOW had some gems in it. 

didn’t she co write don’t let me be the last to know? Britney is a fan of hers as we saw from featuring not one but two songs in the movie Crossroads. 

HAHA I always spell it "Pour Me", I like the wordplay. I think "Poor Me" is better listening back to it now but I didn't like it that much when it was released at first. My favorite on the NOW album is "Because Of You".  She did write with Britney as well. I would LOVE a collab between them. OMG. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

NOW only really took off with SWINGING,KISS and LIFE'S ABOUT TO GET GOOD the rest of the album should have been scrapped. Shania is known for having great albums not just singles and that's where this album failed. She should have launched in the modern country sound. She also should have addressed her divorce more(angry songs) because she played the bitter angry ex wife in her reality show(which I disliked because she blamed her friend not MUTT) and the public follows that narrative and that's what we expect and want to hear. She was always half of her success so she needs to find another writing and producer to work and grow with if she can't work with MUTT. She had a brief resurgence and she missed the chance to capitalize on it. She is also known for her fashion so she needs to bring that extravagance next time too.  

"Swinging" is a good song that never really reaches a good climax for me. I agree that the album was below her standards as well. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Saoru said:

I'm a big fan of hers but her last album 'Now' was terrible. 

She need to colab with mutt again or pay other song writers because based on that album, she cannot write a hit. 

I mean.... I don't know if SHE "cannot write a hit" but I do agree that it wasn't the same without Mutt. There are like 5 songs on the album that I really like and the rest is just not up to par with anything she released in her past. I hope she can find a good team of people to work with on the next album. I would love another 2-disc that has 1 disc of country and 1 disk of pop even if it's just 10 songs on each. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

HAHA I always spell it "Pour Me", I like the wordplay. I think "Poor Me" is better listening back to it now but I didn't like it that much when it was released at first. My favorite on the NOW album is "Because Of You".  She did write with Britney as well. I would LOVE a collab between them. OMG. 

The two tracks that spoke to me the the most from NOW were Poir Me and I’m Alright. I need to give Because of You another spin. Actually I need re listen the whole album soon.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block