In your opinion what are Christina Aguilera's three best songs ?

This is a hard one, but my top 3 would probably be in no particular order, Ain't No Other Man,  I'm Okay (the raw emotion in that song along puts it in my top 3) and Fighter. With honorable mentions to Dirrty, I Got Trouble, Slow Down Baby, Vanity (if the shoe fits wear it ***** is one of my favorite lyrics ever), We Remain and Soar. When I was in middle school my English teacher was looking for a song with an inspirational message to play for the class, I picked Soar and the teacher picked my choice to be played for the class, hence why this song holds a special place in my heart.  The entire Stripped album in general is amazing and has had a huge impact on the pop stars of today.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, Midnight said:

Christina has in my opinion some of the most beautiful and inspiring songs of our time. She has the ability of taking us on a roller coaster of emotions, from making us feel "Beautiful" to having us shake our bodies to "Candyman" and everything else in between. She has won five Grammys, sung in Spanish, gotten down and "Dirrty", taken us back on a blast to the past, blossomed and been liberated. She is undeniably one of the greatest voices of all time. 

So, what do guys think are her three best songs ?

e04c7fd9efb199a693326ec53cd46b40.jpg

christina.jpg.fb35c1a92875e4cae8f85658f918fbf3.jpg

I’d say Dirrty, Genie In A Bottle and What A Girl Wants. Music from her first 2 albums. 

• Love 1

the amount of disrespect on here for Christina Aguilera is flat out maddening. "Her music has been bad for sooo long".... these quotes make me think we should go back to the Biblical days where slanderers get taken out into the streets and stoned 😂

First off, the only career mis-step for Christina Aguilera was 'Lotus'. It's not even a bad record, just not an exciting one. But other than that, Christina Aguilera has some brilliant work.

'Stripped' was an urban/pop masterpiece in the early 2000s. While everyone was trying to be Britney (and none could keep up), Christina Aguilera paved her own way, lyrically spinning her own Latina experience into a **** urban romp. 'Can't Hold Us Down', 'Fighter', 'Beautiful' and 'Dirrty' are all FLAWLESS pieces of pop culture, and total anthems, and they're not even the best cuts on that album. 'Get Mine, Get Yours' and 'Infatuation' were ***ual awakenings, and remain flawless, while introspective cuts like 'Walk Away' and 'Cruz' brought a depth and maturity the rest of the pop realm couldn't fathom. 

'Back To Basics' was another flawless era. Completely bold, coming off the success of 'Stripped', Christina chose to take on the brassy, big band era and DID IT JUSTICE. 'Ain't No Other Man' and 'Candyman' were brilliant singles. The album was fantastics, the aesthetics were sublime. 

Don't even get me started with 'Bionic'. Though RCA's promotion was botched, and 2010 was probably one of the hardest times for a late 90's pop star to try to be relevant, Christina Aguilera still managed to make a BRILLIANT record, completely ahead of it's time. Now, I   don't love every aspect of this record, but songs like 'Birds of Prey', 'Elastic Love', 'Prima Donna', 'Monday Morning', 'Vanity' and 'Not Myself Tonight' were a bloody good time. 

For me, 'Lotus' was a miss, and an attempt at radio friendly hits, but Christina returning with zero ****s to give on 'Liberation', was 100% worth the wait. Personally, I can't wait to see what Christina Aguilera does next.

Top 3: 

Impossible to pick 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block