Opening up about my debt and struggles in personal finance (New BreatheHeavy Video!)

Jordan Miller

Still watching (about halfway through), but you should be proud of being vulnerable and willing to share this to help other people! And congratulations on the YT monetization! 

I think the very large majority of Exhale is already very supportive of you, but I hope this gives insight to the others into how much work you do put into the site (looking at the people who shamed you for trying to grow Exhale in your last video thread :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:).

Edit: just got to the end of the video. Congrats on paying off the rest of your CC debt Jordan! I’m sure it’s a big relief.

• Love 5

I totally feel you on the pointlessness of student loans and I also struggled at first with taxes since I'm self employed. I'm glad that you addressed the whole #freebritney thing and I totally agree, I don't think you're profiting off of the movement at all; BH is a platform and Britney is a big part of that (always has been), the ups and downs of her life are inevitably going to have an impact on you as an owner. Just as you may technically see an uptick in revenue from #freebritney developments, I'm sure you're also bearing the consequences of how quiet things can get during this hiatus. It's neither here nor there. 

Thanks for sharing, its a really scary topic and I'm proud of you for being brave about it. Money is such a tricky subject, I don't even talk about it with my closest friends anymore. I've had to dig myself out of my own financial holes in the past and I'm proud to say I'm finally debt free and thriving more than ever, sadly, not everyone is glad to see that type of thing. People just have toxic ideas about money so I wouldn't be surprised to see if some folks take issue with you doing well for yourself. If and when that happens, I hope you don't let it get to you, just know you have supporters who are have your back and celebrate your successes.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1

First of all thank you Jordan for opening up about this! Some of the comments were ugh! I went to college and didn't even get my degree I could afford to finish my last year go figure! so I'm in debt and have nothing to show for it. Its a real thing that millions struggle with.

I agree with your statement about advising your kids not to go to college. I think the wording was off but I understood what you meant. In this day and age there are ways around going to school, we are taught its the end all be all because back then it was. But depending on what you want to do with your life its not the end of the world. We've been conditioned to think we won't succeed without it when it reality some of us fails because of it. Im almost in my 30s and just now in a place where I can comfortably pay towards my debt and im super grateful because some people dont make it to that point. 

Edited to add i just finished and congrats on paying off your cc! Its such a great feeling even if the confetti was invisible it was still there!

Edited by Busybee
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Still watching (about halfway through), but you should be proud of being vulnerable and willing to share this to help other people! And congratulations on the YT monetization! 

I think the very large majority of Exhale is already very supportive of you, but I hope this gives insight to the others into how much work you do put into the site (looking at the people who shamed you for trying to grow Exhale in your last video thread :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:).

Edit: just got to the end of the video. Congrats on paying off the rest of your CC debt Jordan! I’m sure it’s a big relief.

Thank you! I do feel proud that I put this out into the ether. I think it was a great step forward for me and holds me accountable as well! 

Exhale has been SO supportive. This place, you guys, you don't understand how much you mean to me. I clung to Exhale even more during the pandemic. I owe this place a lot :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

And thanks for the props! Suuuuper fun to include those benchmarks in the video!

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block