Matches is still on Spotify’s Pop Right Now Playlist at #2

4 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Um, at least it's actually her in matches....:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

That is def her in SITS, but there is that little questionable spot in the chorus, but we aren't talking about a Myah Jean situation here.  In the right mood, you can def vibe to SITS even if you're not a fan. :)

13 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

That is def her in SITS, but there is that little questionable spot in the chorus, but we aren't talking about a Myah Jean situation here.  In the right mood, you can def vibe to SITS even if you're not a fan. :)

It's not just the one spot in the chorus (there's two spots there), and this "backup" singer dominates the whole end of the song too. If them trying to pass off someone else's vocals as hers isn't a Myah Jean situation then idk what is. If anything, its more egregious because at least myah tried to sound britney-esque.

I agree that it's a good song but it's a bad move imo to stan a frankenstein production over real unspoiled vocals. I'm not trying to let teamcon in on the fact that some fans will eat up an imitation as fast as the real deal. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

It's not just the one spot in the chorus (there's two spots there), and this "backup" singer dominates the whole end of the song too. If them trying to pass off someone else's vocals as hers isn't a Myah Jean situation then idk what is. If anything, its more egregious because at least myah tried to sound britney-esque.

I agree that it's a good song but it's a bad move imo to stan a frankenstein production over real unspoiled vocals. I'm not trying to let teamcon in on the fact that some fans will eat up an imitation as fast as the real deal. 

I get you. And lol at frankenstein production.Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor I think we all have Myah Jean PTSD. I've replayed those questionable spots, I know there's a couple, idk why I said that one spot, and I wondered if that note in the word drown was too hard of a note to hit and she never went back to record it and try again. But then if it was too hard to hit, I am sure they would have changed up the style of singing that word to suit her. But anyway, I know the fact of me trying to come up with reasons is pretty bad Nervous Oh Man GIF by Jason Clarke.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I wondered if that note in the word drown was too hard of a note to hit and she never went back to record it and try again.

Yeah I've wondered that too, it's not like it's a hard note or anything. It'd be funny if she refused to give them that word for some reason. 

But for real, my theory is that they're way too sensitive about her vocals. I heard the reason Mood Ring was such a limited release was because they didn't like deepney's sound but it's actually gold. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yeah I've wondered that too, it's not like it's a hard note or anything. It'd be funny if she refused to give them that word for some reason. 

But for real, my theory is that they're way too sensitive about her vocals. I heard the reason Mood Ring was such a limited release was because they didn't like deepney's sound but it's actually gold. 

I didn't know that about Mood Ring. Another example of her team being dumb as rocks.

• Like 2