This Day in Pop: Britney performs at the Super Bowl XXXV Halftime show with Aerosmith in 2001 (January 28)

21 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Did she sing live since there was no dancing involved?

Yup. Sis sang live on this 100%. She sounded so good too and was at a comfortable place in her range. She didn't even skip a beat even though she almost trips at 8:25.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

superbowl.jpg.171c272002a962feed5ee3d14de3eb4d.jpg gettyimages-737804-2000.jpg&q=85

On January 28, 2001, the Super Bowl XXXV halftime show took place at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. The show, dubbed as "The Kings of Rock and Pop" was produced by MTV and it was headlined by Aerosmith and NSYNC, with guest appearances by Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly, Tremors and The Earthquake Horns. It was the first time in a Super Bowl halftime show that fans stood in the field around the stage.

DEab5zbWAAALqw-.jpg

The show started with a sketch with Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Aerosmith and NSYNC, followed by this setlist:

• Bye Bye Bye (NSYNC)
  • I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing (Aerosmith)
  • It's Gonna Be Me (NSYNC and Tremors featuring The Earthquake Horns)
  • Jaded (Aerosmith)
  • Walk This Way ((Aerosmith, NSYNC, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly)

B99355263Z.1_20160205223524_000_GMCQ015G

Britney-Spears-2001.jpg

britnfl2001.jpg

tumblr_okvm22UXOj1s2nj6io1_1280.jpg

658078.jpg?utm_keyword=referral_bustle

v9wvZvHky1xqmAaKPOe2E9DfXELvvU-Ql8-TQAZd

britney-aerosmith.jpg?quality=80&strip=a

britney-spears-picture-id77684859?s=612x

@PokemonSpears I love your "This Day in History" posts but never really know whether you actually got to witness them when they happened or whether your knowledge is just from research, but I hope you got to see this in real time because it was LEGENDARY :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

30 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

@PokemonSpears I love your "This Day in History" posts but never really know whether you actually got to witness them when they happened or whether your knowledge is just from research, but I hope you got to see this in real time because it was LEGENDARY :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I did get to see this like most of the halftime shows, but of course I don't know the dates by heart or anything :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: That's why I've created the Calendar entries here on Exhale to remind me of the anniversaries lol

There are many other performances and stuff, that I didn't get to see when they happened until years later when they appeared on Youtube, basically all the stuff that happened overseas. I usually use Wikipedia (though the dates aren't accurate all the time so I have to check several sources), Xray, Britney-Online, archived pages of worldofbritney, etc.

I first started creating the singles, albums and videos releases (along with other users when the Calendar feature was first created) then I moved to the Award performances, perfume releases, TV appearances (I still haven't done all of them) and then I started adding other performances and stuff.

I also have a plan to rescue the "This Day in Britney's life" to include candids, social media posts, etc, but that will take a greater effort and right now I don't have the time to do so, it would be great to have volunteers... but my idea is to create these entries on the Calendar, instead of a featured thread, so they can stay there for everyone to see, and also to not spam the main page that much. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Korb said:

Yup. Sis sang live on this 100%. She sounded so good too and was at a comfortable place in her range. She didn't even skip a beat even though she almost trips at 8:25.

She sounds really good at the start when singing with Steven Tyler but she sounds badly out of breath when she's singing with JT and that other boyband member. 

I do love this performance tho. You can also hear her quite clearly near the end when they're all singing. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

superbowl.jpg.171c272002a962feed5ee3d14de3eb4d.jpg gettyimages-737804-2000.jpg&q=85

On January 28, 2001, the Super Bowl XXXV halftime show took place at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. The show, dubbed as "The Kings of Rock and Pop" was produced by MTV and it was headlined by Aerosmith and NSYNC, with guest appearances by Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly, Tremors and The Earthquake Horns. It was the first time in a Super Bowl halftime show that fans stood in the field around the stage.

DEab5zbWAAALqw-.jpg

The show started with a sketch with Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Aerosmith and NSYNC, followed by this setlist:

• Bye Bye Bye (NSYNC)
  • I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing (Aerosmith)
  • It's Gonna Be Me (NSYNC and Tremors featuring The Earthquake Horns)
  • Jaded (Aerosmith)
  • Walk This Way ((Aerosmith, NSYNC, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly)

B99355263Z.1_20160205223524_000_GMCQ015G

Britney-Spears-2001.jpg

britnfl2001.jpg

tumblr_okvm22UXOj1s2nj6io1_1280.jpg

658078.jpg?utm_keyword=referral_bustle

v9wvZvHky1xqmAaKPOe2E9DfXELvvU-Ql8-TQAZd

britney-aerosmith.jpg?quality=80&strip=a

britney-spears-picture-id77684859?s=612x

She SLAYED that performance 

• Love 3

I remember watching this and thinking where's Britney, where is Britney, because I felt like it was taking forever for her to come out.

She did sound good, and when I first saw it, it looked like she went the wrong way for a second and that is why she wasn't at her place to begin singing her second part to walk between JT and Chris. Like she had to start singing before she got to where she was supposed to be to walk down the ramp.