RIP: Capitol Records will no longer promote 'Smile' by Katy Perry

Invitation

16 hours ago, emailmyheart1999 said:

Maybe Witness was her Glitter and Smile is her Charmbracelet. Crossing my fingers that her next one will be her Emancipation. Although I highly doubt it...

Mariah had 7 successful albums and one successful EP before Glitter and Charmbracelet. And both albums are still certified platinum. 

I think the real problem with Katy is that she waited too long for Witness at which point no one cared.

• Content Curators
4 hours ago, ivobb said:

And I actually like Witness, it had everything to be a success, and it’s probably going to be more appreciated in the future like Christina’s bionic

this viral video also didn’t help 

https://youtu.be/j9HYPq5cxs0

I also like Witness better. The songs on Smile are cute, but a lot of them sound like fillers.

• Like 1
On 1/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, PickleSpears said:

Why would they? Nobody liked it. It was a bad album. Katy Perry's music has been going downhill for years.

I don't see the issue here...

I mean, they have been promoting this since the release of "Never Really Over" back in May 30, 2019 until "Not the End of the World" in December 21, 2020. Releasing 7 official music videos/SINGLES. 

:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

5 hours ago, Invitation said:

I need the receipts:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'd love to see how two albums with PLATINUM singles can be outsold by a wood singles album. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Britney Jean (2013) is certified Gold in the U.S. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

And @Invitation is right, the first week numbers are so low it would have barely gone past 400k, if that. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

No. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

@Invitation Google "Britney Spears Britney jean album sales" and then google "Katy perry smile sales". :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I think even Glory barely outsold it. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Yall need to be patient I'm not on my computer yet :gunriah_mariah_carey:

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Joman82 said:

I don't see the issue here...

I mean, they have been promoting this since the release of "Never Really Over" back in May 30, 2019 until "Not the End of the World" in December 21, 2020. Releasing 7 official music videos/SINGLES. 

:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I didn't say there was an issue I said the album was bad and flopped. But it looks like the Smile album only had 3 singles.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block