RIP: Capitol Records will no longer promote 'Smile' by Katy Perry

Invitation

I still think this album has some solid tracks (Never Really Over, Cry About It Later, Daisies, Champagne Problems, Tucked, Harleys In Hawaii & Only Love) but has no direction with the concept and promotions.

It’s not well received but at least, it helped me get through 2020. Btw, Electric is coming! :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sutramaya said:

Tbh, as a fan of Katy, the tracklist of Smile is not as strong. And the songs have no impact or whatsoever. Better to shelve it and move on to the next album with better materials. 

I kinda disagree in this. I think Smile has  great songs and had the formula to reach higher positions in the charts. I think the main problem  for her was arriving to a point where all the **** she spoke in the past and her attitude wasn't forgettable anymore. Britney comments, her making obvious that all the the haircuts had a date set to make people wonder about her. And don't forget how the concept of the album was like disco/retro vibes at the beginning and suddenly we end up with the clownery thing :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Her having a baby wasn't the problem because she knew when she would get birth, she could have filmed videos before and set a proper timeline for everything:ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

Anyways, Smile is not one of those albums for the time, but she used the same formula to make a pop album that no one can relate to :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
42 minutes ago, MX3 said:

Wasn’t there a promotional single she released that didn’t make the album? A friend of mine who really likes Katy told me he was annoyed that song didn’t make the cut. 

Small Talk? One of her worst songs ever... it made Fan edition of the track list. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I figured they were done after the tragic release of Not The End of The World a lot of folks didnt pay attention to its release :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what: it has 13M views...:rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

There were some solid tracks but the album direction as far as visuals was all over the place...glad we can move on and Cry about it later :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Not the end should’ve never been released as a single when no one was feeling it.

• Like 1

I think the lack of direction was the downfall. I bet she had the better songs (Cry About It Later, Only Love and NTEOTW) ready when NRO was released. They should've released it as a surprise release in July 2019 and went with it. The delays and theme changes were off and made the album a mess. The songs are good but not the roll out.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block