Myahs voice in Circus

Alexanda

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand Britney Jean was a terrible situation and even I have some doubts nowadays what's really Britney or not, but we only know for sure the "replacement" scandal happened during that era.

Myah did backing vocals for circus and FF albums. I'm saying this because i've seen some haters spreading lies about Britney not singing some songs from others albums. Like Keri Hilson supposedly sang for Britney because we can hear her on GM and BTI... Or that Cathy Dennis is the real Toxic singer. 

I know Myah story will always haunt us, but some fans exaggerates with these videos without any proof.

Eh, I don't see the big deal. To be honest, I always assumed most of the vocals on Circus album was Britney, because this 'vocal double' controversy wasn't a thing really until BJ era.

There's a difference between simply providing background vocals (like Victoria Monet does for Ariana) and then there's vocals that 'they' try to disguise as Britney's vocals (i.e. BJ era songs). What Myah is doing here is simply singing background. Not everything has to be questioned in Britney's music post-Blackout. Where was this energy when Keri Hilson sung background vocals on the Blackout album?

10 minutes ago, Brit Brit said:

Eh, I don't see the big deal. To be honest, I always assumed most of the vocals on Circus album was Britney, because this 'vocal double' controversy wasn't a thing really until BJ era.

There's a difference between simply providing background vocals (like Victoria Monet does for Ariana) and then there's vocals that 'they' try to disguise as Britney's vocals (i.e. BJ era songs). What Myah is doing here is simply singing background. Not everything has to be questioned in Britney's music post-Blackout. Where was this energy when Keri Hilson sung background vocals on the Blackout album?

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Yeah i remember this came out a while ago after Simon Ellis did a Circus remix using Brit’s vocals. I think it’s different in that they’re not disguising Myah as Britney here, she is in the track, just layered, they haven’t cut and paste Myah into lead.

This is more like the chorus in TTWE, HATLM, the heavy layering in her early songs like Oops and Baby etc 

The weird thing is, maybe I’m biased but I prefer her moodier deep stems for Circus and HATLM than the BGV super high pitched singing. Wish they’d have more faith that fans of Brit like HER voice even if it’s not doing vocal cartwheels.

Yes, you can hear her vocals, but only as a background singer. As a lead singer imo this is her percentage on Britney Jean:

- Alien 40%

- Work Work 100%

- Perfume 0%

- It Should Be Easy 20%

- Tik Tik Boom 40%

- Body Ache 100%

- Til It's Gone 100%

- Passenger 90%

- Chillin with Lou 100%

- Don't Cry 0%

- Brughtest Morning Star 50%

- Hold On Tight 20%

- Now That I Found You 50%

And that's all. She didn't sung any leads on Circus or FF. She did the background vocals.

14 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

Yes, you can hear her vocals, but only as a background singer. As a lead singer imo this is her percentage on Britney Jean:

- Alien 40%

- Work Work 100%

- Perfume 0%

- It Should Be Easy 20%

- Tik Tik Boom 40%

- Body Ache 100%

- Til It's Gone 100%

- Passenger 90%

- Chillin with Lou 100%

- Don't Cry 0%

- Hold On Tight 20%

And that's all. She didn't sung any leads on Circus or FF. She did the background vocals.

This is more accurate:

@rr_174

19 hours ago, richluv0715 said:

The second one (lower voice) is definitely Britney. 

The higher, I've always thought sounded like muah. But hearing it like this sounds like it's Britney. Just edited/manipulated higher 

The first part is Myah (she's the credited background vocalist).

On 1/28/2021 at 4:38 AM, Lonely2001 said:

- Alien 40%

- Work Work 100%

- Perfume 0%

- It Should Be Easy 20%

- Tik Tik Boom 40%

- Body Ache 100%

- Til It's Gone 100%

- Passenger 90%

- Chillin with Lou 100%

- Don't Cry 0%

- Hold On Tight 20%

Are we sure about Work B, though? I don't think it was 100%. Possibly 50%, but not 100%. The talking/rap parts to me always sounded like Britney, just with a british accent-ish delivery, but we've been used to that since 2006/2007. The singing parts def sound like Myah, or a mixture of both of them.

47 minutes ago, Brit Brit said:

Are we sure about Work B, though? I don't think it was 100%. Possibly 50%, but not 100%. The talking/rap parts to me always sounded like Britney, just with a british accent-ish delivery, but we've been used to that since 2006/2007. The singing parts def sound like Myah, or a mixture of both of them.

I mean I'm not that sure but clearly there is more Myah in that song than Brit.

Archived