Britney + Features/Collabs

Brit Brit

I haven't seen a thread on this, and I'm not one to start threads/discussions, but this has been on my mind.

So, for me at least, it feels like Britney has had a very hit-or-miss history with features or collabs, especially with rappers. What are your thoughts & what have been your favorite and/or least favorite features & collabs she's had? & Who would you like to see her collab with for B10 (if there is one)? :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Well, for me, it's hard to pick a favorite because they've all been decent to meh, including MATM, but I guess I'll pick that because Madonna or not, it's a bop. I'm not picking a favorite rapper because I don't love any of them and they've been the worst tracks for almost every album, in my opinion. My least favorite is T.I. because that collab was so random & I don't get why they didn't just pick Iggy if she was gonna work with her anyway 2 years later.

As far as who I'd like to see her collab with someday... well, there's a difference between who I want and who "they" will put her with who's hot at the moment (*cough* Pretty Girls), but I would love her & Meghan as long as it's a Blackout-ish type raunchy track and Britney is into it and doesn't just disappear when Meg comes on. That's my biggest issue with collabs, you can tell it was all done separately. It could give us a "Kimme More" moment, except it's an actual collab, not a remix, and is promoted. Although I like her, Doja Cat I feel like would be just as forced as Iggy. Cardi would be too predictable, and they technically have already done a Nicki collab with TTWE. Maybe Ashnikko? I mean, she can write AND rap/sing, so... :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

& I don't think she'd mesh well with ANY of the male rappers. The thought of her & the Migos or DaBaby gives me Ying Yang Twins flashbacks. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: I don't hate Got That Boom Boom, but I couldn't give her a pass with stuff like that now. IMO she's never had good chemistry with any of the rappers. The best chemistry she could've had one with is the one where her knee was shattered. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: As far as singers, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw her & Ariana, as much of a mess that would be. Ari's always the go-to for these "big female" collabs.

Anyway, thoughts? :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone like Britney her track record of collaborations is awful, and I don't by any means think that's all down to her.

It's been painfully clear in recent years that the people she "collabs" with are subjected on her by her label and others are second rate artists associated with Larry in some way or another.

vegetables cooking GIF

Going forward, if she wants to make music, I'd rather she collaborate with producers as opposed to rappers. And maybe just one producer for an entire album. I've always wanted Britney to work with Mirwais and I think if Britney was really into it they could create something amazing. Everyone says Britney needs her Ray of Light but she actually needs her American Life in terms of quality of music. The most underrated Madonna album IMO. 

1 hour ago, MM0219 said:

For someone like Britney her track record of collaborations is awful, and I don't by any means think that's all down to her.

It's been painfully clear in recent years that the people she "collabs" with are subjected on her by her label and others are second rate artists associated with Larry in some way or another.

vegetables cooking GIF

Going forward, if she wants to make music, I'd rather she collaborate with producers as opposed to rappers. And maybe just one producer for an entire album. I've always wanted Britney to work with Mirwais and I think if Britney was really into it they could create something amazing. Everyone says Britney needs her Ray of Light but she actually needs her American Life in terms of quality of music. The most underrated Madonna album IMO. 

Agreed. I'd love more producer collabs than actual artist collabs. I love her, and like you said it's not her fault, but she's one of those artists who i don't think meshes very well with other artists. I'd love a Pharell produced album, even if he's aged. Or a Timbaland one, but I know Timbo is loyal to JT & Timbo doesn't really produce full albums anymore anyway. He's becoming more of a mentor at this point

8 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I really wish she had done some rapper collaborations in the mid 2000s and no I don’t mean K-Fed. She was offered a couple ... and a lot of songs like these are pretty remembered 

Right. Dumb question probably, but did they actually do a remix to Outrageous with Snoop Dogg, or was he just gonna appear in the video? That might've been one of those sleeper collabs where it sounds trash but ends up being good. I also think 50 Cent would've been good too, but then he had to hop on the Cry Me A River remix...

I feel like she/they missed out on a lot of collabs with rappers that actually made sense. She was really feeling herself séxually in 2002-2005 yet didn't do anything with rappers who were notorious for doing the same lyrically, like 50, Snoop, etc...

3 hours ago, Brit Brit said:

Right. Dumb question probably, but did they actually do a remix to Outrageous with Snoop Dogg, or was he just gonna appear in the video? That might've been one of those sleeper collabs where it sounds trash but ends up being good. I also think 50 Cent would've been good too, but then he had to hop on the Cry Me A River remix...

He only made a cameo on the video as a play on the expression like cats and dogs. Britney represented the cat since the song was meant to appear in the Catwoman movie

3 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I really wish she had done some rapper collaborations in the mid 2000s and no I don’t mean K-Fed. She was offered a couple ... and a lot of songs like these are pretty remembered 

There were at least two Me Against the Music remixes made by 50 Cent and Outkast that were never released because Jive desperately needed a safe hit after the Britney album underperformed in the US

4 hours ago, MM0219 said:

I've always wanted Britney to work with Mirwais and I think if Britney was really into it they could create something amazing. Everyone says Britney needs her Ray of Light but she actually needs her American Life in terms of quality of music. The most underrated Madonna album IMO. 

The fact that she was in talks with both Mirwais and William Orbit while recording In the Zone and she probably never recorded anything with them :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Britney is an awkward and anxious person, so I don't really expect most collabs to come naturally for her. She needs someone who can make her feel comfortable - someone low-key, down-to-earth, chill, and genuine. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Kelly Clarkson perhaps?! She's the most down-to-earth singer I can think of. Plus, she's a mom, so they'd be able to relate to each other. I think most of her 00s contemporaries could work - P!nk, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

6 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Also there's always a thread about this every two months, where have you been :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I literally never come on here, I've only started becoming active on here again last week, don't sue me. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Plus I was lurking the pages and still hadn't seen a thread on it from the last month or so.

28 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

Her label uses her a vehicle to try to launch other artists like Tinashe and Sabi. I am in love with Make Me feat G-Eazy

What no not at all Tinashe was a huge fan and I'm p sure Britney was completely into their collab. Her make me collab is the real travesty here

20 hours ago, Goten21 said:

What no not at all Tinashe was a huge fan and I'm p sure Britney was completely into their collab. Her make me collab is the real travesty here

Tinashe is a success killer and after many attempts has failed to launch a successful career. Anyone would love to work with Britney so why would she choose someone whose name she didn't even bother to learn?

Archived