19 years ago, Can't get you out of my head by Kylie minogue debuted at #64 on the hot 100

Spicechinodiva

There have been several attempts to launch the US Success of Kylie minogue, while she's not in the league of Madonna,  Britney and others. 

She can still say to other international acts and Australian pop acts3, she has a platinum album and a few top tens, which is extremely difficult for Australian pop artists to actually have success in the US, most are one hit wonders getting a hit thanks to a current trend in pop music 1996's Gina G's just a little bit is a great example. 

But, then there's Melbourne's gift from Australia. in a hilarious meme (by a gay, who else could actually say that Kylie is Australia's national treasure and monument over the legendary Sydney opera house).

Welp, one song and an incredible video and hook was enough to create one of the most infectious songs. 

Can't get you out of my head is probably up there with Wannabe by The Spice girls,  Like a prayer by Madonna and of course Billie Jean by Michael Jackson,  one time is all it takes to literally get stuck in your head all day, that even hearing your favorite artist can't get it out if your head.  

CAN'T GET you out of my head would peak at #7 on the hot 100, her second US top ten hit after the locomotion which peaked at #3 back in 1988, overall fourth top 40 hit, certified Gold in the US for digital downloads succeeding to 500,000 copies sold. 

And is considered her signature song.

The video is iconic for one reason,  the slip, as kylie said, it's not really a dress,  it just covered what needed to be censored,  but one wrong move and you would see everything,  apparently when that scene was filmed it was a closed set, in case Kylie had a mishap and something was seen, that could have been taken advantage and sold to mags that wouldn't make a mom proud like Carol Minogue.  

If you're wondering why Carol wouldn't be proud, Dannii posing for playboy Australia actually led to a heated argument with the girls mother.  

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived