My first Britney encounter @TRL

PZHSB

Growing up close to NYC and being a Britney Stan, my little gay self would always find myself outside of the TRL studio every time Britney had an appearance. Back in the day she was the IT girl of MTV/TRL and was on TRL often. I finally made my way up to the studio the week of the Oops! Video release. The coordinator had recognized me from always being out there and sent me upstairs. It was all such a blur and the energy from just knowing Britney was in the building was insane. Long story short, but, i ended up at a few of Britney’s tapings after that. The reason I’m still a Stan, at 33, is because i was able to first hand witness Britney’s complete kindness and love for humans. She was so painfully shy, but, Carson Daly always managed to make her comfortable(i lowkey still think they would’ve been a good couple). There was another VJ, whom is in the upcoming Times documentary(Dave i think is his name) that you could tell she just didn’t care for. Those were the best tapings bc she would only interact with the audience at commercial breaks. Britney was funny, chill and just a nice person. She would joke around with us, sign autographs(which was a huge nono for mtv) and once even had pizza sent up for everyone. 

not sure why I’m posting this, but, I just like the remind everyone that Britney is just a good southern girl at heart. I’m super lucky to have these memories because i don’t think we will ever see that Britney again.  

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MM0219 said:

Aww that's so nice you have those memories of her.

I think I vaguely remember the other VJ you're referring to. Was he the one who went to a preview listening of In The Zone and we got the amazing video of Britney playing piano? :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/dave-holmes-mtv-party-of-one-book-vmas/

this guy. I was at this taping. Sad i remember the outfit so well. 

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

that's so cool, we fans know that she's sweet and shy like that, it's like there's no ego

Madonna for example could be nice and all but she's so full of herself.

But The only way Madonna would be nice, if the parents that died was reversed. 

I'm thinking she would be happier if her father died than her mother. 

Like, she said outside her mother, her name isn't a common name. 

She's right outside her, who else had the name Madonna. it's not a common name.  

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

did you get to see her perform? :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Yes. I was at the first listen of the oops album. She sang live and i nearly died of a stroke. They recorded each song 2x and it was unreal to actually hear her sing in such a small space. I think she did Oops and Don’t Let Me 

2 hours ago, MM0219 said:

I don't remember him. 

The years have been kind to him. He looks better now than he did then..:milkney_slumber_party_glory_britney_blue_lick_yum_table:

I always got creep vibes off of him tbh. He was one of those that had to always bring up her clothing choices and it was always so off. I was a little annoyed to see he was interviewed for the documentary. 

6 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Yes. I was at the first listen of the oops album. She sang live and i nearly died of a stroke. They recorded each song 2x and it was unreal to actually hear her sing in such a small space. I think she did Oops and Don’t Let Me 

was it this? :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

is this you by any chance?

I always wonder where are all the fans from back in the day, it's glad to see you're here 

Archived