Frenchney : Britney Spears and France-A thread !

Alio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Sonyeri said:

Vive la France! I can't believe I lived there for 2 years and after I came back home, she was there with the POM tour. Like, Britney, really?!?! :clownery_makeup_meme:

I feel ya. I worked for 6 months at Disney World and right when I left, she came there for the Planet Hollywod inauguration. People I knew went to the opening :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Crazy how the two men you see in this clip, Christian Audigier and singer Jonny Hallyday, are dead now when back in the day the only one we were worried about was Britney as she was slowly going back on track after 2007.

Thanx for sharing. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

I also added Oh La La to the list :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

23 hours ago, Midnight said:

I'm not from France but I did study French for three years. I did once buy this magazine book from France of Britney I think I paid like 35 dollars for it :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I really really wanted to have it because of the posters. It was this one, I found a picture of it on google. 

s-l300.jpg

I still have it and truly love it.

To me, France has the best Britney magazines and books.Alone the poster.:donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

My favorites are this ones:

M02749901537-source.jpg 914opanfguL.jpg

And this is also great :

61k-v4O-VRL.jpg A17AVYk9UwL.jpg

Not to mention the Styx books and magazines  ( for me the "real" tour books/how a tour books should look like) and the B Mags.

D_NQ_NP_629196-MLM26261368240_102017-W.j styx-magazine-special-britney-spears-190tumblr_mupv4a1teY1s405f6o1_500.png  

livre-photo-britney-awards-tapis-rouges.

livre-photo-glorious.jpg

livre-photo-styx-magazine-dream-within-a

livre-photos-styx-circus-tour.jpg

b-mag-n4-hiver-2013.jpg

b-mag-n3-automne-2012-france.jpg

b-mag-n2-ete-2012-france.jpg

14 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

To me, France has the best Britney magazines and books.Alone the poster.:donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

And this is also great :

Not to mention the Styx books and magazines  ( for me the "real" tour books/how a tour books should look like) and the B Mags.

D_NQ_NP_629196-MLM26261368240_102017-W.j styx-magazine-special-britney-spears-190tumblr_mupv4a1teY1s405f6o1_500.png  

livre-photo-glorious.jpg

b-mag-n4-hiver-2013.jpg

I bought some of these when I lived in France. They are gorgeous!

14 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

You forget to mention the Kenzo commercial.

s-l300.jpg

kenzo-campaign-3.jpg

lede.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

qrorsKSeXJyh9Qtiw6Cj8ySkna6%2BzHHcAtsPFI

OIP.s6bz5lAMCuRbCCIryQ4CSQHaLH?pid=Api&r

I forgot Kenzo was a french brand.. But I remember the posters were everywhere in Paris, which was nice and reminded me of the time the Sketchers commercial posters were at Les Halles (a mall in the heart of Paris) back in 2000.

Thank you very much I will add this later. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

15 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

And this is also great :

livre-photo-glorious.jpg

b-mag-n4-hiver-2013.jpg

Yes I have some of them. I think it's so cool that we had books about her. We also had a magasine entirely dedicated to Britney it was called The zone or something like that. :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

Thank you for posting all this. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

16 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

And this is also great :

livre-photo-glorious.jpg

b-mag-n4-hiver-2013.jpg

https://www.bsavenue.com/en/

Not sure if this one has been posted? She won 'International Album of the Year' for 'Blackout' at the 2008 NRJ Music Awards. It took place in Cannes, France on January 26, 2008. Looking at the date, it makes complete sense why she wasn't there but I hope this news was able to bring her some joy. 

The other nominees: 

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
James Blunt - All the Lost Souls
Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion
Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

Btw, I really love this thread and how personal you made it, too! It was such an interesting read. I'm from England and I'd love to see someone post a British version of this.

5 hours ago, popprison said:

um wow. I did not realize all the French connections. so awesome. she also looks very good every time she was there. maybe she should go again lol

thank you, amazing post

Thank you very much ☺️ Yes for some reasons she always tried to look elegant or better than usual when she was here and I love this. :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

4 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Not sure if this one has been posted? She won 'International Album of the Year' for 'Blackout' at the 2008 NRJ Music Awards. It took place in Cannes, France on January 26, 2008. Looking at the date, it makes complete sense why she wasn't there but I hope this news was able to bring her some joy. 

The other nominees: 

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
James Blunt - All the Lost Souls
Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion
Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

Btw, I really love this thread and how personal you made it, too! It was such an interesting read. I'm from England and I'd love to see someone post a British version of this.

CHEERS !! Thank you. I know it's quite impressive how many times she included french culture into her career. It's nice to remember. And I'm looking forward a thread about her relation with the Uk from her emails with HRH prince William to the infamous accent. She loved the lingerie boutique there  in London just like she was in love with the pharmacie stores in Paris so.. 😊😊😊

On 1/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, Alio said:

Why would you hate being french ??!! :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what::lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Also no one should forget Britney is named after one of our region, Brittany, it's just that good old Jamie didn't know how to spell it oh that's your typical Jamie ! :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Isnt Jean a french name too?

Archived