Frenchney : Britney Spears and France-A thread !

Alio

Hello everyone :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:,

So in honor to the anniversary of Britney's performance at the NRJ music awards in Cannes, France, back in 2004, I thought why not creating a thread about the relation she had troughout her life with my country France.

The thing is it has always been interesting to me that she came to my city, Paris, so many times that it became like a routine, something that kept happening, to have her coming visit us here and it was each time a rollercoaster of emotions. Since news are slow I thought it would be cool to go back through time and remember.

Also I was inspired by the thread about the NRJ Music awards by @PokemonSpears and the one with @Jordan Miller remembering his past experiences in LA.

So this is going to be a list of everything existing beween France//French culture and Britney.

FEEL FREE, please, to add to the list your experiences or your photos, videos etc...

Maybe you guys can do the same for your own city //country (like London etc...).

Here we go :) :

-Numer 1 : Britney is actually french :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:, ok kind of, some of her ancesters are, among many other origins of course, but just so you know some of her ancestors came from a small town called la Tremplade (Charente region, France) and left in 1670 for South Carolina (current USA). I know it's a reach but oh well :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

-2 : She first came to Paris in may 2000 and it went like

Britney Inventions — Britney Spears is endearingly referred to as the...

And she gave a showcase

So someone I personaly know was in charge of her promo that day and here what she told me she remembers :" Britney was very sweet and polite. Very young, she was sitting on the floor, her back against the wall, playing gameboy all day but when the camera was on she switched immediatily to being very professional. It was impressive."

-3 : in January 2002 she came back, but this time in Cannes (South of France) for the NRJ music awards where she performed Slave 4U :

https://static1.puretrend.com/articles/4/10/09/44/@/1134278-britney-spears-nrj-music-awards-2002-580x0-1.jpg

She went on french tv and got emotional (she starts crying at 6:00) :

-4 : In march 2002 she came back for Crossroads premiere in Paris at the Grand Rex Cinema theatre. OK so this is tough for me cuz I had tickets and let my sister go with her bestfriend instead :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: !! So she looked beyond beautiful that night but unfortunatly the crowd went wild and people broke a window of that gorgeous theatre and her security freaked out. The rest is history she had to leave immediatly and people started booing her. It was a mess and a big scandal the next day. (The worst part for me was still that I was supposed to be there and that my sister was there :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:!!)

Britney Spears attends the Paris premiere of her new movie,... News Photo -  Getty Images

"Crossroads" Paris Premiere : Photo d'actualité

An interview for Belgian TV from that night :

She also performed Overprotected at the opening of the new Disney Studio parc at EuroDisneyland Paris :

5 : in January 2004 she came back to Cannes for the NRJ Music award where she performed Toxic. Her look that night...well this next picture will say it all :

Tumblr: Image

Pin on Childhood Memories

6 : It was announced that in her next music video Britney would play a super hero-like James Bond girl in Paris. I was so excited for this. But it ended up being a green screen. :jackk_alien:

toxc.jpg

In may 2004 she came back to Paris and Lyon for her Onyx Hotel tour :

63 photos et images de Britney Spears Onyx Hotel Tour In Paris May 30 2004  - Getty Images

My first time seeing her and I remember she was so beautiful ! I couldn't believe my eyes, her beauty !

She was with Kevin she went to the Eiffel tower, went to the Louvre (though they didn't get inside :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: ) and had a walk at the Tuilerie garden.

brrrrr.jpg

That night she shot that infamous clip from Chaotic where she says "aaaaffel tower" and talk about having *** with Kevin.

9 : In january 2005 Britney released her Do something music video in which she's driving a car that is covered with the infamous french brand Louis Vuitton logo. Because there were no authorization Vuitton won a lawsuit and the video was banned for all of Europe. The video you see now on youtube is digitally censored, everything is pink now.

10 : She came back to Paris in november 2008 and this one is special to my heart because I had a chance to see her (not on stage but in the street!) she was again beyond beautiful as she was leaving the luxurious hotel Plaza Athénée :

Britney Spears is Plaza Athenee Awesome: Photo 1569581 | Britney Spears  Pictures | Just Jared

Britney Spears à Paris - Purepeople

then she perfomed Womanizer live on TV at Star Academy :

ok this is embarrassing but we actually waited for her private jet at a private airport with like 20 other fans at like midnight :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: (the police came etc.. ) it was snowing and we got cold, we didn't see her though but that's the kind of experience you never forget. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

11 : In July 2009 she came back for 3 nights in a row for the Circus tour. This is also very special to my heart for many reasons. We were a group of friends and slept there, outside the arena, the 3 nights (we had to stole sheets from a hotel nearby and take our shower with the water from the sprinklers for the grass of the stadium in the midle of the night). Not even kidding. That was so much fun !!! She premiered her brunette look the first night.

https://static1.purepeople.com/articles/2/75/15/2/@/570936-britney-spears-se-produit-sur-la-scene-950x0-2.jpg

She went to the Eiffel tower with her kids and I think she had a diner at the Jules Verne restaurant at the Eiffel tower :

Photos of Britney and the Boys at the Eiffel Tower | POPSUGAR Celebrity

Fun fact : she went to a tanning salon that day and the owner knew my best friend. When she went there she cleaned her eye make up and threw her cotton pad to the trashcan. The owner kept it and gave it to my best friend and he still owns it to this day. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: I know it's totally creepy, disgusting, and a mess but hey what can you do ? I'm so sorry for that one.

I took a lot of pictures and awesome videos from those 3 nights, so here are some of my personal pics :

P1060518.jpg

P1060519.jpg

P1060517.jpg

12 : Naming her album FEMME FATALE !! (french for femme : woman and fatale : deadly)

13 She came back to Paris in october 2011 for the Femme Fatale tour. Ok that night was very weird for me I just came back few hours before from Fort Lauderdale, my nephew was born the same morning and I was going trough a tough breakup so..well I was not really feeling so into it but oh well :

Paris, France - Britney Spears brings her Femme Fatale tour to her fans in  Paris, France on Thursday night. Britney and her dancers performed for a  packed house of adoring fans ready

Here she is having a walk in the same street as the Presidential palace (Elysée) :

14 : In july 2013 Britney released a music video called "Oh La La" (can't get anymore french than that) where she's with her kids watching The smurfs in Paris (presicely at the Garnier Opera house).

15 In her song Work ***** she sings "Party in France ?"

16 : She recorded a song in french "Coupure éléctrique" (a coupure is a cut like if you have a "coupure " in your hand it's a cut, a scar. In this case it means an electric cut = BLACKOUT)

17 She came back to Paris in august 2018 for the Piece of me show and had lunch in the neighborhood of Saint-Germain-des-Près with her ex dancer Adrien. I quickly talked to him once but didn't dare mentioning Britney. :saywat-towelney:

Britney Spears is seen in Paris ahead of her two "Piece of Me" tour...  Photo d'actualité - Getty Images

The show was nice but something was weird, plus I was with my coworkers and we had too much wine before the show started so...:zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Britney Spears - Breathe On Me (Live in Paris, Piece Of Me Tour - August  29) HD - YouTube

18 : She posted many videos on her instagram with vintage french music but also some hindie french music. She said that she was in love with Indila song called "dernière danse" :

19 : In 2020 her painting was sold in a french gallery for 10 000 euros :

Britney Spears' paintings to get their own exhibition at a French gallery

That's it for the moment, but I'm sure there's more to share.

So Voilà for Frenchney 

:imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fun fact : she went to a tanning salon that day and the owner knew my best friend. When she went there she cleaned her eye make up and threw her cotton pad to the trashcan. The owner kept it and gave it to my best friend and he still owns it to this day. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: I know it's totally creepy, disgusting, and a mess but hey what can you do ? I'm so sorry for that one.

L m f a o

hot icon stuff

14 : In 2020 her painting was sold in a french gallery for 10 000 euros :

Britney Spears' paintings to get their own exhibition at a French gallery

I want it, this would look amazing in like an art deco bathroom

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:jackk_alien: Not baby Priscilla butchering Crazy lyrics. :orangu_orangutan_ape: That's when we decided to finish her carreer ! :hype_britney_glory_jkl_jimmy_kimmel_live_laugh_lol_haha_hype_excited_pumped_lmao_cackle:

Also Thank you very much for sharing all theses videos. I first  only wanted to talk about everytime she came to France but then decided to include anything that has to do with France...alors merci à toi :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

Archived