New New York Times article: The Long Fight to 'Free Britney'

1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This is making me feel so uneasy, I just want it to be a positive move for Britney. Cuz this is just a preview, we really have no idea what stance the film could take..  :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

It's described on IMDB as "a series of standalone documentaries representing the unparalleled journalism and insight of The New York Times, bringing viewers close to the essential stories of the time".

I honestly think you have nothing to worry about hun. The NYT is a very reputable news source...of the highest standards. One of the best, if not the best and most influential. They would not attach their name to a one-sided propaganda based hit piece.

The 75 minute episode will more than likely be neutral, balanced, and well researched; showing all sides of the situation. It is already been conformed that some of those appearing are "anti-conservatorship" like Leanne Simmons (who appears in the preview).

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Lol it is in relation to that meaning, but I think you're misinterpreting it. The documentary itself isn't gonna be framing Britney, this documentary is gonna be talking about the way Britney was framed 

That’s what I mean. But they can do that in a way that is positive or negative. They can frame it like fans spreading conspiracy theories and believing it to be true. Talking about how this process of the “fan truth” came to be. Or actually about Britney and how the media and her team framed her. 

I just hope it’s about the latter. Or about both to show all sides. 

What I’m trying to say is. I hope the conclusion of this documentary isn’t: her fans are delusional for framing Britney this way. 

• Like 2

I don't know but If Felicia is really involved It worries me a bit. Fans will eat anything she says as gospel truth, anything.

I know you guys like her and she always seemed nice with Britney, but she is more close with the Spears family than with Britney herself.

I'll wait to see her intentions (If she is the person interviewed), but I don't think she'll speak against the c-ship... Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2021 at 7:20 PM, Naes614 said:

If all these people they say are featured in it are on Britney’s side I’m 100% convinced Britney had something to do with this. 

I agree! Even the "lawyer currently working on the conservatorship" probably means that Britney knows.

1 hour ago, Watch Me Work It said:
Confirmed, it's Felicia

The Gram Girls will be appearing as well

The documentary introduces us to various close-readers of Spears’ posts, including the hosts of a podcast that has put forward theories about Spears’ legal situation.

30 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:
Ugh... it seems discussion of conspiracy theories in the film too

We all knew it was coming, TikTok completely ruined the movement and all the chances we had of being taken serious

As the review points out the documentary will mostly talk about how poorly the general public treated Britney and caused her to go cuckoo and how her fans think she's being trafficked

At least we know for sure the general public will eat this up

• Like 2

This documentary has elsewhere been meticulous in assembling a case that Spears’ conservatorship is part of a lifelong pattern of misuse — including in an interview with a lawyer who had been on, and later rejoined, Spears’ father’s legal team, lending the sense that all the world is a conspiracy against the singer.

Vivien Thoreen. I knew she'd be running her mouth. She is one of the main reasons why Britney's rights were violated, and the minute Sam Ingham seemingly started to work for Britney, Jamie ran back and hired Vivien to try and keep a seal on things. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

This documentary has elsewhere been meticulous in assembling a case that Spears’ conservatorship is part of a lifelong pattern of misuse — including in an interview with a lawyer who had been on, and later rejoined, Spears’ father’s legal team, lending the sense that all the world is a conspiracy against the singer.

Vivian Thoreen?

• Like 1