New New York Times article: The Long Fight to 'Free Britney'

I agree with people saying it will turn out more neutral. Like a “this is what people say yet there a doubts. What is true? We will have to wait and see” kinda thing. Like are they framing her? Are they not? Who knows. But I suspect if one of the guests mentions issues it’s either gonna be vague af or solely blamed and focused on Jamie but not the conservatorship as a whole. I doubt anyone’s gonna outright say: she doesn’t need it and here’s why. I think most if not all of them will say: she had a hard time blah blah blah. But. As long as NYT questions their statements it still might turn out alright. Let’s see.

edit to add: as always it’s unnerving how Britney herself is still not allowed to speak out. But everybody else can, as if she’s not here.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Easy There said:

I have a strong feeling this documentary is gonna be pro conservatorship.

I hate hate HATE that I am also feeling this way and it makes me sick to my stomach 😭. I pray with every fiber of my being I am being pessimistic and I end up wrong!  I want to be wrong and thats not something I ever say 😂

• Love 1

'' The New York Times examines what the public might not know about the pop star’s court battle with her father for control of her estate.''

This part scares me, what we know for a fact is that Britney IS under a conservatorship and wants to get out of it. What we don't know? the reasons why she still is under this. I'm scared they're going to talk about mental issues and **** like that. I'm gonna be pissed if someone says she needs the conservatorship because she's not stable. And if that person is Fe...:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Also, i'm getting tired of this mess. EVERYONE talks about Britney BUT herself. We don't really know what's going on with her and how she is actually feeling since 2019. Her instagram seems like a parallel universe

• Like 3

At most they will question Jamie. He is the scapegoat after all. I wonder if they will mention Lou Taylor? Or are they scared of her too? They better bring up his restraining order and question why he hasn't been removed yet. 

But it will probably be fairly neutral and at the very least remind people the basics of the c/ship. A lot of People still don’t know she is under a full strict c-ship. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Easy There said:

I honestly don't understand why can't she say anything. Why can't she speak up.

Is she being advised to stay silent ? Or is she genuinely isn't allowed to say anything.

If anyone should tell this story it should be Britney. Its sick that everyone around her is allowed to speak up. Except her,who can only say anything trough her court appointed lawyer.

I agree. It would be different if this was set up as just journalist speaking about it but the fact that there are people close to ber involved is interesting.

If she does want to speak up why does it have to be through people. If she is approving these people to speak for her what benefit does that have? It doesn't make sense. 

Her silence weather advised or not is what is making this as big as it is. Its almost like they want us to pretend it doesn't exist. If she doesn't talk about it it isnt real but then we get things like this and its just so confusing.

37 minutes ago, Dirk said:

so tired of this

I expect nothing from a 30 minutes doc.

We are real fans, what they will say it's no news to us, we know a lot

I really hope this **** ends this year, i feel like this is taking me personally a lot, britney should have her private life, her secrets, her kids, travelling, being creative, i mean, it ****s me up bc the money she own is to hire private companies so she can have a balanced life, i mean, if she can't provide food for herself the money she owns it's to hire a chef to go get it for her, why she just can't do that without a oppressive system all over her? why she can just have like a normal life like "oh i don't know how to get this i'm needing this, let me call my friend if she helps me, let me call my mom if she helps me" and then she wants to hire a service that's her security is that for her so they can make it safe for her... 

anyways, after all this money going to the system I hope she's able to establish her life and focus on her art at least for the last time, i want that money to go straight to her bank account and a world tour is very needed she deserves to receive the love for the fans one more time.

They said it’s a 75 min doc 

• Like 1

Fe is going to say about as much as Bryan...

She obviously signed an NDA, so it’s going to be a very limited conversation.

But keep in mind the last time she spoke out, she was brutally honest but she spoke from the heart...

https://nypost.com/2007/02/15/felicia-speaks/

I don’t think for a second she’d leave her comfortable place in the shadows to help Jamie personally nor would she EVER contribute to something that would be detrimental to B!

(the zone was a trick 🥲)

have a little faith.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, G-unit said:

I still can’t see a documentary called “Framing Britney Spears” being PRO conservatorship.

I hope you are right, but I’m afraid they mean framing in a different way. 

“In the social sciences, framing comprises a set of concepts and theoretical perspectives on how individuals, groups, and societies organize, perceive, and communicate about reality.”

I just hope they do the movement justice and not make us seem like a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists. 

Please don’t let this be some kind of social commentary piece about how tiktok and youtube video’s sparked a whole movement with “none proven claims” and thus stating the bad effects of social media on how we perceive reality.

• Like 1