New New York Times article: The Long Fight to 'Free Britney'

12 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Can you stop painting everyone that has ever been around Britney as bad.

Fe probably signed an NDA and everything was out of her control, the main thing is now she has been liking LOTS of FreeBritney posts and that speaks volumes.

Let's wait to see the documentary before we say she's team Con.

I've met her and she was literally the sweetest person and you could tell how much she absolutely loves Britney.

I have literally said Fe is a sweetheart. But sadly if she wants to stay in Britneys life or if she wants to stay working for her. She won't say anything against conservatorship. No matter what her true feelings regarding it are.

If anything she might have been approached by team Spears to calm the fans down.

I am not saying she is pro conservatorship. But if she is still Spears employee she will be pro conservatorship to some extent.

So idgi why are you attacking me.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Yeah no matter which side lawyer is present he/she will be pro conservatorship.

I have a feeling Fe will be pro conservatorship as well because she is on team Spears payroll after all. They probably asked her to participate to calm fans down.

And that 2009 lawyer is also pro conservatorship but against James. So he will not be helpful either.

I have the same feeling. If Felicia is speaking is bc team con let her thinking shes not hated like Britneys family and can be seen as more unbiased about the case, this way making more people to believe Britney needs this.  

But she worked for the cship all these years, first in Vegas, then on the zone - that Britney herself boycotted and refused 1M to appear, and then on the play. 

Shes friends with Lynne who still hangs out with Jamie. Felicia also follows Lou on instagram. I dont think shes against the cship at all when she works with them. 

And yeah, Streisand was never worried about freeing Britney, he gave a very pro cship comment just two years ago. I made a thread about how shady the guy he wanted to make Britneys conservator, is. 

There goes any hope I had left for this to finally make some credible noise about her whole situation. 

Just now, Bundy said:

I have the same feeling. If Felicia is speaking is bc team con let her thinking shes not hated like Britneys family and can be seen as more unbiased about the case, this way making more people to believe Britney needs this.  

But she worked for the cship all these years, first in Vegas, then on the zone - that Britney herself boycotted and refused 1M to appear, and then on the play. 

Shes friends with Lynne who still hangs out with Jamie. Felicia also follows Lou on instagram. I dont think shes against the cship at all when she works with them. 

And yeah, Streisand was never worried about freeing Britney, he gave a very pro cship comment just two years ago. I made a thread about how shady the guy he wanted to make Britneys conservator, is. 

There goes any hope I had left for this to finally make some credible noise about her whole situation. 

Idk much about Fe's personal life. And she seems like a nice lady who genuinely adores Britney.

I was just saying that she won't be much of a pro FreeBritney for obvious legal reasons. No matter if she is pro or against cship in her personal life.

I am not a medium so idk what she really thinks.

But the fact is she is Spears employee after all. And she is under NDA.

13 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Can you stop painting everyone that has ever been around Britney as bad.

Fe probably signed an NDA and everything was out of her control, the main thing is now she has been liking LOTS of FreeBritney posts and that speaks volumes.

Let's wait to see the documentary before we say she's team Con.

I've met her and she was literally the sweetest person and you could tell how much she absolutely loves Britney.

This. I really dont see Fe as a 'bad person' at all.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Catalin said:

So where is Britney's side of the story?

Britney not being able to say anything all this time speaks volume. Theres all these people talking about her, for her, but she cant say ****. This shows she isnt happy with her situation no matter how her team want us to believe. If she was ok, they would have made her say smt like "im ok with the cship and everyone around me, I only want my dad out bc we dont get along, peace out mfs" 

2 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

‘Framing Britney Spears’

Producer/Director Samantha Stark

Senior Editor Liz Day

Producer Liz Hodes

Director of Photography Emily Topper

Video Editors Geoff O’Brien and Pierre Takal

Watch on Friday, Feb. 5, at 10 p.m. on FX and streaming on Hulu.

Britney Spears hasn’t been able to fully live her own life for 13 years, stuck in a court-sanctioned conservatorship. A new documentary by The New York Times examines what the public might not know about the pop star’s court battle with her father for control of her estate.

“My client has informed me that she is afraid of her father,” Britney Spears’s court-appointed lawyer told a judge in November. “She will not perform again if her father is in charge of her career.”

The career of one of music’s biggest superstars — and her life, in some ways — is at a standstill.

The country was enthralled with Spears in the 1990s as she suddenly ascended to global superstardom. Then the public seemed to relish watching her personal struggles, turning her life into fodder for late-night talk show zingers, sensationalist interviewers and a thriving tabloid magazine industry.

That was a long time ago. These days, Spears is enduring a stranger, and maybe even darker chapter: She lives under a court-sanctioned conservatorship, her rights curtailed. She is not in control of the fortune she earned as a performer.

Spears entered the conservatorship in 2008, at age 26, when her struggles were on public display. Now she is 39, and a growing number of her fans are agitating on her behalf, raising questions about civil liberties while trying to deduce what Spears wants.

A new feature-length documentary by The New York Times captures what the public might not know about the nature of Spears’s conservatorship and her court battle with her father over who should control her estate.

25nytp-britneyspears-felcia1-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

25nytp-britneyspears-felicia4-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

25ntp-britneyspears-felicia2-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

25nytp-britneyspears-felicia3-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

The documentary, “Framing Britney Spears,” features interviews with key insiders, including:

• a lifelong family friend who traveled alongside Spears for much of her career

• the marketing executive who originally created Spears’s image

• a lawyer currently working on the conservatorship

• and the lawyer Spears tried to hire in the early days of the conservatorship to challenge her father

The new film, on FX and Hulu, also explores the fervent fan base that is convinced Spears should be liberated from the conservatorship, and re-examines the media’s handling of one of the biggest pop stars of all time

Y’all it’s pretty obvious from the description that this documentary is anti-con 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Idk much about Fe's personal life. And she seems like a nice lady who genuinely adores Britney.

I was just saying that she won't be much of a pro FreeBritney for obvious legal reasons. No matter if she is pro or against cship in her personal life.

I am not a medium so idk what she really thinks.

But the fact is she is Spears employee after all. And she is under NDA.

I dont have anything against her bc I feel like she genuinely seemed to like Britney in her prime. Idk much about now, I dont think they are as close as they seemed to be until 2004. 

She worked with these people all these years, including on the zone, it doesnt seem like she has anything against them even if she doesnt agree 100% with Britneys situation. So I dont think shed say anything to portray them in a bad light. 

3 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Britney not being able to say anything all this time speaks volume. Theres all these people talking about her, for her, but she cant say ****. This shows she isnt happy with her situation no matter how her team want us to believe. If she was ok, they would have made her say smt like "im ok with the cship and everyone around me, I only want my dad out bc we dont get along, peace out mfs" 

She’s clearly NOT happy with her current situation, what’s left for her to say?! I mean, she probably doesn’t even have a phone to type her sons. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

54 minutes ago, Needleney said:

But she hasnt worked for Britney in years.. right?

She had a part on the zone mess and she was going to be involved in the play that had smt to do with none other than Lou. 

7 minutes ago, Style. said:

She’s clearly NOT happy with her current situation, what’s left for her to say?! I mean, she probably doesn’t even have a phone to type her sons. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I meant that LFB bs implying Britney really wants the cship over her state or even over her personal life to continue, voluntarily. That she only has a problem with Jamie and hes the only problem with the whole situation. As if the cship isnt abusive and she hasnt been controlled, isolated, threatned and manipulated before. 

1 hour ago, Needleney said:

Why do people think Fe is team conv?

She was Lynnes friend for decades prior to her working with Britney. It doesn’t appear that Fe and Britney have been close in a very long time. Fe was kept on the team bc of her relationship with Lynne. It says a lot that she never worked closely with Britney after her comeback. I cannot see Fe, who most likely has an iron clad non disclosure agreement, go on record against Jamie Spears or the con. I would assume Fe would’ve had to get some kind of OK from Britney’s team to participate in this to avoid any legal issues. I’m hoping she is on to help build the story of how hard Britney worked and not feed into the pro con narrative. I have a feeling she will stay neural to her opinion and just talk about the past. 

IMO the most important factor in this doc is whomever is creatively in charge of it. If said person is pro con, it’s very easy to edit a documentary in that favor. God help us all. 

buckle up my friends. It’s about to get wild. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1