FreeBritney and an interpretation of it’s celebrity support

Army1

I sincerely don’t mean for this to come off the wrong way, as what Im about to ask is no way meant to judge, condemn or villify certain celebrities, but is anyone else perplexed as to why the vast majority of celebs that publicly support #FreeBritney are either C-list, or from the darker part of Hollywood? 

They were all at one time or another all influential or popular, but now are more known for being INFAMOUS, rather than famous.

Whether it be *****, arrests, controversial comments/actions and/or conspiracies....everyone that gets behind FreeBritney seems to be a problematic celeb.....Courtney Love, Trisha Paytas, Rose McGowen, Lindsay Lohan, Raven, Paris Hilton, etc. etc. 

Aside from Miley and maybe Cher, (who also have their own moments from time to time where people just roll their eyes) why are no other industry power houses getting behind FreeBritney in an everyday, big kind of way? 

Britney is loved and admired by so many A-list people that could really help push the movement along, but something about it must seem either unattractive to them...or maybe too shrouded in incomplete/non-fully corroborated details that its a little too conspiracy theoryish to attach their mega brands to?

Instead of having lots of reputable main stream media coverage (even though w the doc coming thats started to change), FreeBritney’s mainstay media coverage historically has been outlets like OK magazine, cheap tabloid shows that only air at 3am, and TMZ. ..and instead of Taylor Swifts, Adeles, and Beyonces showing support, its Courtney Love, Rose McGowan and “celebs” that look like they arent huge fans of self care. 

Has anyone else noticed this? There’s parts of FreeBritney stuff that I get behind...other parts that are just too far fetched...but it seems to be, based off of the way that A-list Hollywood interacts w it, that its like the Qanon equivalent of Hollywood topics, just based off of who has attached themselves to it and who chooses not to. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Probably because they don’t know what is going on and what is best for Britney...

Cher and Miley had experience with how weird team Britney is. No one has really been around Britney in years. She has like excluded herself from that life. Who can blame them for minding their own. 

That’s true in a way... but aside from maybe Paris, none of the other problematic celebrities have had a continued relationship or dealings w Britney. So why do the darker, more controversial celebs attach themselves to it, and not the “cleaner” image, bigger celebs that have had just as little interaction w Britney as the problematic ones? 

2 minutes ago, Army1 said:

That’s true in a way... but aside from maybe Paris, none of the other problematic celebrities have had a continued relationship or dealings w Britney. So why do the darker, more controversial celebs attach themselves to it, and not the “cleaner” image, bigger celebs that have had just as little interaction w Britney? 

If I’m being honest they (at least Rose) attach themselves to everything. Every time I see her name ppl are mad at something she says.

For CL I thought I saw on here she knows Lou and hated her and thought she was shady. So she probably thinks Britney is in bad company. She is is pushing for her to be free. 

Britney is in competition with other artists. In addition, all of the others are related to Tristar in some way. Even Cher's face is on the Tristar homepage. Most artists are egoists and only think of their advantage. They only advocate for things that are populist and bring more publicity. They are addicted to attention and fame. Standing up for Britney only brings trouble.

42 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

As stated earlier in this forum, if Britney spoke out, several celebrities would come to her defence and would support her. 

The thing is right now, we don’t know much and until it doesn’t come from Britney’s mouth, no one else will show their support.

I understand what you’re saying, but do you see the issue with that....and how it speaks to a larger issue ....

It’s sensible for a lot of the bigger, clean imaged/more influential celebrities to not say anything until either Britney says something herself, or for everything that we see every day on social media to be fully corroborated. Just like anything else, we should always separate what’s facts from what is fiction. That’s whats smart and that’s what sensible, and ties exactly into what you just said about us not knowing much.

The fact that the controversial, problematic celebrities don’t feel the need to wait for Britney to open her mouth, or for everything online to be fully fact checked speaks to what all these certain celebs share in common. They lead controversial existences and glob onto whatever is controversial...because it speaks to them. 

That’s not to say that lots of what’s in FreeBritney isn’t true. It just shows the human psychological effect that goes into who will sensibly wait for facts, and who just needs to be eroticized enough by conspiracy before they open their mouths.  

Admittedly, I started off as a full critic of FreeBritney. I’m someone who’s very moderate, very much pro mental health, and a person that tries to be as empathetic and sensible as possible. A lot of the fan base, when they got behind freeBritney, lost me because they just they couldn’t except the fact that Britney does struggle with mental health. No one was really talking about how Britney is someone who is mentally ill, but should still be free and have agency and autonomy to live her life the way she choses, w the right type of support system.... instead it became so much about her being chained up in a dungeon, force-fed medication, and all of this other wacky stuff. And it’s in that wacky stuff that the problematic celebs came out to react to it because that kind of darkness speaks to them. 

For myself, enough factual things have come out in the COURT process, NOT in twitter threads and random videos that who knows who makes, that Im now behind FreeBritney. I’m still sensible and informed enough to know that she has mental health issues, but that doesn’t mean every single aspect of her life should be controlled, or that she should be used in any way for someone else financial gain. 

And if and when the day comes when Britney says something herself, and enough of it matches what we’ve seen, I hope that all of the more influential, mainstream celebs will come to bat for her. But until that time comes, I think as adults we all need to be sensible enough to look at everything from a 30,000 foot view.... and correlate the fact that a lot of these problematic celebs who have become the face of Hollywood support don’t make the movement look good because of they  support it.

Their back stories and behaviors (although not something to be judged and condemned by others) does speak to the overall branding of the movement, and how its controversial enough in nature that it draws support from the type of celebs that are more along the lines of Qanon folk vs Grammy award winning, box office draws, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Army1 said:

I understand what you’re saying, but do you see the issue with that....and how it speaks to a larger issue ....

It’s sensible for a lot of the bigger, clean imaged/more influential celebrities to not say anything until either Britney says something herself, or for everything that we see every day on social media to be fully corroborated. Just like anything else, we should always separate what’s facts from what is fiction. That’s whats smart and that’s what sensible, and ties exactly into what you just said about us not knowing much.

The fact that the controversial, problematic celebrities don’t feel the need to wait for Britney to open her mouth, or for everything online to be fully fact checked speaks to what all these certain celebs share in common. They lead controversial existences and glob onto whatever is controversial...because it speaks to them. 

That’s not to say that lots of what’s in FreeBritney  isn’t true. It just shows the human psychological effect that goes into who will sensibly wait for facts, and who just needs to be eroticized enough by conspiracy before they open their mouths.  

Admittedly, I started off as a full critic of FreeBritney. I’m someone who’s very even balqnced, very much pro mental health, and a person that tries to be as empathetic and sensible as possible. A lot of the fan base, when they got behind freeBritney, lost me, because they just they couldn’t except the fact that Britney does struggle with mental health. No one was really talking about how Britney could be someone who was mentally ill, but should still be free and have full agency and autonomy to live her life the way she choses w the right type of support system.... instead it became so much about her being chained up in a dungeon, force-fed medication, and all of this other wacky stuff. And it’s in that wacky stuff that the problematic celebs came out from the bowels of Hollywood to latch onto it. Because that kind of darkness speaks to them. 

For myself, enough factual things have come out in the COURT process, NOT in twitter threads and random videos that who knows who made, that Im now behind FreeBritney. I’m still sensible and informed enough to know that she has mental health issues, but that doesn’t mean every single aspect of her life should be controlled, or that she should be used in any way for someone else financial gain. 

And if and when the day comes when Britney says something herself, and enough of it matches what we’ve seen, I hope that all of the more influential, mainstream celebs will come to bat for her. But until that time comes I think as adults we all need to be sensible enough to look at everything from a 30,000 foot view.... and correlate the fact that a lot of these certain celebs who have become the face of Hollywood support don’t make the movement look good because of their support.

Their back stories and behaviors (although not something to be judged and condemned by others) does speak to the overall branding of the movement, and how its controversial enough in nature that it draws support from the type of celebs that are more along the lines of Qanon folk vs Grammy award winning, box office draws, etc. 

Britney has psychological problems because she is under guardianship and not the other way around. Hollywood is full of crazy people that no one puts under guardianship.

42 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

Britney has psychological problems because she is under guardianship and not the other way around. Hollywood is full of crazy people that no one puts under guardianship.

But what makes you say that was so much certainty… That’s part of the problem...what we saw in 2007 was not a girl that had a tough time going through a divorce or whatever the story is that people put out there... she was struggling with the onset of her mental illness. People who go through the same things that Britney went through in 2007, from a life perspective, don’t tailspin like that.... speaking in accents, wearing different color wigs,  walking barefoot through stores and screaming through the streets like a manic person. 

The guardianship/conservatorship came about because of all of that. I obviously haven’t had a personal conversation with you about this, but I am curious to know what makes you think that it’s 100% factual that she’s not mentally ill? All legitimate news sources, court appointments, and the things that really carry weight establish that she suffers from something. 

The fact that people are still trying to debate that is the part that makes free Britney look bad... please don’t take this as a personal attack in anyway, because I respect your opinion.. I’m just trying to wrap my head around the fact that people do not want to acknowledge that she is someone that lives with legitimate mental illness and thats a really harmful thing to do to  someone we all care so much about and want To have a happy and healthy life. 

Let’s fight for her to be free, but lets not lie to ourselves in the process. 

14 hours ago, Army1 said:

But what makes you say that was so much certainty… That’s part of the problem...what we saw in 2007 was not a girl that had a tough time going through a divorce or whatever the story is that people put out there... she was struggling with the onset of her mental illness. People who go through the same things that Britney went through in 2007, from a life perspective, don’t tailspin like that.... speaking in accents, wearing different color wigs,  walking barefoot through stores and screaming through the streets like a manic person. 

The guardianship/conservatorship came about because of all of that. I obviously haven’t had a personal conversation with you about this, but I am curious to know what makes you think that it’s 100% factual that she’s not mentally ill? All legitimate news sources, court appointments, and the things that really carry weight establish that she suffers from something. 

The fact that people are still trying to debate that is the part that makes free Britney look bad... please don’t take this as a personal attack in anyway, because I respect your opinion.. I’m just trying to wrap my head around the fact that people do not want to acknowledge that she is someone that lives with legitimate mental illness and thats a really harmful thing to do to  someone we all care so much about and want To have a happy and healthy life. 

Let’s fight for her to be free, but lets not lie to ourselves in the process. 

Someone who's put under a conservatorship can't tour, give coherent interviews or make important, public appearances in the way that she had not only shortly after the conservatorship was put into place, but long after as well, so we know for sure that she doesn't have any mental illness that would usually warrant a conservatorship.

Most mental illnesses have a terrible stigma. They're seen as character defining traits, when they're really just labels that doctors use to be able to treat patients better, so it's really no wonder that fans don't want to acknowledge something that isn't shown direct, reliable proof of. Britney has never shown any of the defining traits from the things she's supposedly been diagnosed with. She's never personally talked about them. Not to mention Britney has been falsely accused on legal records for having dementia, so being able to see what is the truth is getting harder and harder. It's important to read in between the lines.

I really feel like I've made my point. Her having possibly something like bipolar disorder didn't warrant any of this, and it's so far beyond the point that I really don't even see why you would want acknowledgment for that. 

As for her doing weird stuff, she was a celebrity tormented by the world who wasn't being allowed to release her music and was partying all the time. She obviously didn't know what to do with herself. 

Archived