Britney's former lawyer Adam Streisand talks about #FreeBritney: she didn't want her father to be conservator

Nice, but I still don't understand how she "accepted" the situation. According to him she didn't want her dad involved but she knew the c-ship would be inevitable.

C-ship were that common back in the day? Her case was always like "rare" because of her age. Did someone threatened her? 

Even If It was for the kids, Britney didn't seems ok with the situation when she's talking about It on FTR, she was clearly upset.

I just hope Adam brings some clue about how fishy everything was since the day one. However, he did say some things pro-cship years ago.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, 1inamillion said:

Hopefully we get some of the answers we need.

But why did he unfollow free britney followers?

Was it in order to make himself sound more credible and not to align with her "crazy" fans?

its probably because we dont know when or how to stop, so he probably received so many questions or DM;s that we was like nah, bye.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, 1inamillion said:

But why did he unfollow free britney followers?

Was it in

Maybe. Plus, he is a lawyer, he is not in the entertaintment industry, maybe he is not patient enough to deal with random people on internet asking him about something he is not even officially paid/involved.

If I were him, maybe I would do the same as well. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Buffybot said:

Nice, but I still don't understand how she "accepted" the situation. According to him she didn't want her dad involved but she knew the c-ship would be inevitable.

C-ship were that common back in the day? Her case was always like "rare" because of her age. Did someone threatened her? 

Even If It was for the kids, Britney didn't seems ok with the situation when she's talking about It on FTR, she was clearly upset.

I just hope Adam brings some clue about how fishy everything was since the day one. However, he did say some things pro-cship years ago.

we don't know how much knowledge Britney had about conersvatorships or legal stuff. But I guess he means that Britney knew that even if she managed to escape the conservatorship, then probably she would have more trouble getting back her kids (again, we know she could've fought with a group of lawyers, but we don't know how much she knew about it back then) or going back to work. Kevin, her parents, probably not even the record label would've cooperated with her. This assuming she was able to fight the "evidence" her father had to put her under the conservatorship.

Her father, allegedly Lou, and a bunch of people had been orchestrating this for weeks, she wasn't even notified about the hearings, so I feel that's what he means. She knew she had no choice at that point, because it was too late to fight back, but she could at least have fought to have another person be the conservator other than her father.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, alexxxx said:

Honestly whether we like it or not, the conservatorship definitely helped Britney when it was first put into place and it seems like Britney herself agrees (judging by Adam’s words).

I am not a lawyer, therefore, I won't pretend I am a super expert. Having said that, I am well aware there are various other options to help stabilize a person in great risk that don't mean canceling her adulthood and most of her rights. There are court mandated psych treatments, medications, temporary hospitalizations. They had so many options that could have helped her instead of taking her entire life away. 

Regarding the question some asked on why she may have accepted, although nobody knows for sure, I do think that a combination of manipulation, fear, the love of her kids and a lot of ignorance drove her to agree to it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Maybe that "something" refers to the January 2008 hospitalizations. 

13 years later and it still breaks my heart. When I saw the news the next morning ( I can clearly recall that moment) I honestly thought, this is it, we lost her, shes gone already, it's just about time, another tragic hollywood story. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad::sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

The head shaving was shocking but it ultimately was just hair, it was more about Britney's blonde cute Barbie image. After a HELL OF A YEAR, it wasnt anymore about looking good or bad, it was beyond that, it was a matter of life or death. As a fan to me, those days were a nightmare, literally a nightmare. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

The same for me. My friends were concerned about me and were wondering what will I do/how will I handle it after I will loose another role model.:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

People close to me know that Brit is my world. When you´re reflecting on someone's life/do a biography they tell the most important parts/what was the most important for the person, his achievements. In my case, they will mention Britney.

When Brit was running around with no underwear the first time, my friends were concerned about me and did not want that I saw the article/the pictures. But they could not avoid it, Brit is a world star. It was huge on the first page on a magazine. I started to cry but had to swallow my tears and feelings because I had an important family meeting.

And when Brit shaved her head, for whatever reason, my friend thought I would do the same. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:Maybe she thought I would do this to support Brit.

12 hours ago, ImAmy said:

“She knew the conservatorship was inevitable given everything that had happened”

I wonder what exactly is he referring to.

I still believe to this day something really bad must’ve happened that we didn’t see/know about. Many people have said before that something Britney didn’t wouldn’t paint her in the best light and is one of the reasons for the C-ship. It’s all speculation though, and surely we’d know from the court docs? 

• Like 4