Did her Team Under promote Glory on purpose

The Exhale Psychic

3 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

I think the biggest missed opportunity that era was the Billboard awards. She gave us her best award show performance in years (arguably one of her best) yet didn’t use the platform to promote her new single and album coming out which made no sense at all. Aside from that the only other American performance of Make Me was the VMAs and where it’s not a bad performance, it’s certainly not memorable and we all know what happened with the Beyoncé fiasco. I also believe that if Make Me didn’t receive two videos we could have received a third single. I think Love Me Down would have done very well as a third single and probably would have been the most successful one at that. Glory really was a solid era otherwise promotion wise and looks. Quality album and great performances/interviews. It was the return of the Britney we all love. I also thought it was way more mature and suitable for her age. It showed growth. 

I think she was originally supposed to premiere Make Me at the BBMAs during the medley performance but the song's release got delayed. Robin Leach was a very well known insider in the music industry, he announced this on Twitter and he had been very reliable in the past so I believed him. He also said the song's release got delayed because of 'technical issues' (I don't know if this had anything to do with the original video being scrapped or not).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/24/2021 at 9:04 PM, A.a.A said:

This is an interesting story, but not true. This isn't how business works. In no world would any corporation not want to make the most money on their business. Britney Spears is a business. They will want the most out of their investment.

They did film 2 videos for MM but it had nothing to do with the album promo or other singles. The whole album has a pre-determined budget (as someone already said in this thread) and it's calculated. I'm sure they were not 100% happy with the lackluster first week sales. 

It makes zero sense a corporation would sabotage one of their highest earning products. Every year a company needs to make more than the last, there are shareholders, investors and managers all apart of this operation. It's not just Britney and her team.

I agree - yet I also think that they may not have cared as well as may have had less opportunity to promo/events so much because she was in the middle of the residency in Vegas - they also knew she was planned to do ANOTHER re$idency right after that

10 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

I think the biggest missed opportunity that era was the Billboard awards. She gave us her best award show performance in years (arguably one of her best) yet didn’t use the platform to promote her new single and album coming out which made no sense at all. Aside from that the only other American performance of Make Me was the VMAs and where it’s not a bad performance, it’s certainly not memorable and we all know what happened with the Beyoncé fiasco. I also believe that if Make Me didn’t receive two videos we could have received a third single. I think Love Me Down would have done very well as a third single and probably would have been the most successful one at that. Glory really was a solid era otherwise promotion wise and looks. Quality album and great performances/interviews. It was the return of the Britney we all love. I also thought it was way more mature and suitable for her age. It showed growth. 

It really was amazing tho <3

On 1/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, Style. said:

I think she must retire that old *** marketing team that she has now because they are clearly out of touch with the current state of music. Larry should be fired, she needs new people around her.

Glory was a bad album from start to finish. It didn’t seem a Britney album AT ALL! 

I love Glory. I think it deserved more. 

Ppl say the album was promoted well but it wasn’t at all. 

13 hours ago, AmyIsMyDrunkAlterEgo said:

I agree - yet I also think that they may not have cared as well as may have had less opportunity to promo/events so much because she was in the middle of the residency in Vegas - they also knew she was planned to do ANOTHER re$idency right after that

Yes exactly, because they knew their return on investment would be for sure. So they gravitated towards the sure thing which was the residencies. 

The album was more or less to get her in the public eye to promote both her and the residency, but they didn't "sabotage" it like some are saying.

11 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Yes exactly, because they knew their return on investment would be for sure. So they gravitated towards the sure thing which was the residencies. 

The album was more or less to get her in the public eye to promote both her and the residency, but they didn't "sabotage" it like some are saying.

Yes ma'am you got it - but also, the album she had to put something out to fulfill her contract she signed too, but I agree - I think it was perfectly promoted in the way as (especially looking back at it), you could tell she was genuinely excited/interested in putting it out, yet they didn't send her along the promo trail across the world because I also think she was trying to keep it chill. Everyone always expects so much from artists these days.. SHE SANG A WHOLE SONG IN FRENCH FOR GOD'S SAKE! 

:nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I love Coupre Electrique , great article about that here LINK

Also this:

It almost seems like Britney was getting a little too comfortable.....

I think we can all agree that 2016 Britney was approaching prime Britney but in a different way in that she was more mature, confident, sophisticated, and finally reached a place where she seemed content and happy with her situation. Whatever was going on at the time, it was a marked change from the FF and BJ eras and it makes me think she was flying too close to the sun for the vultures to allow. 

Honestly, it was bad business on her team's part. People loved seeing Britney more free and noticeably happier which was reflected in her performances. Even in her personal life, we saw more social media posts of her with her kids and even Sam seeming healthy and satisfied with her situation. 

But then of course, everything changed because JAMIE'S COLON RUPTURED AND HE ALMOST DIED SO SHE NEEDED TO BE FORCED INTO A SHODDY "REHAB" CENTER TO FOCUS ON TAKING TIME FOR HERSELF" and things haven't been the same since.

If anything, I'm hoping it was the catalyst for her to be like eff this and fight for her freedom. Jamie really showed his a*s if he and her team threatened to restrict access to her kids if she made noise about the cship, yet Jamie's actions resulted in less time with her boys so at that point what did she have to lose?

Sorry Team Jamie but...

Antoine Dodson Reaction GIF

Archived