Did her Team Under promote Glory on purpose

The Exhale Psychic

i dont know if this has been mentioned here before. but remember that glory was originally going to be very different. i think it was her teams idea. anyway Britney was not happy with this and brought on karen kwak as EP. now this is where i think it happend. her team must have been unhappy that control had been taken away. so to get back at her. they under promoted it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Vegas the idea was to keep Britney not too succesful so they could keep her as a nostalgia act in there, which was where the money was at. 

"Keep her alive, but not too alive. Fans will miss her and will book a trip to Vegas to see the show."

If Domination was a thing, you can bet your *** B10 would've been just like BJ and Glory.

4 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

Since Vegas the idea was to keep Britney not too succesful so they could keep her as a nostalgia act in there, which was where the money was at. 

"Keep her alive, but not too alive. Fans will miss her and will book a trip to Vegas to see the show."

If Domination was a thing, you can bet your *** B10 would've been just like BJ and Glory.

That...doesnt make sense :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

An album is an investment with an expected return. If the last album flopped, then the next album will not receive as much money, because of the expected diminshed returns. BJ flopped, even though it eventually went Gold. The success of Work ***** the song (video was well received overall) wasn't immediate either as it had decent first week sales, but it was a slow burn to where it took off as a great workout song and dance hit with it eventually going platinum.

Make Me just wasn't a "Britney Spears" song. She needed a faster tempo or a dance song to start off her album cycle. It rebounded on itunes after the VMA performance and discount, but it was too late to help it chartwise after its quick peak on Billboard and to get it past its #20 position on the pop charts that it lingered around. MM is forgettable to the public, but WB is not.

So Brit did way more promotion for Glory, but it did not have a visual to help keep interest in MM or Glory and with the lead single being weak to begin with, she was starting at a big disadvantage. Not to mention SP took forever to come out, instead of cutting its losses with MM and moving onto the next single, which did have a great video.

1. Make Me was well promoted on radio the first couple weeks but then support started dying.

2. The new video (that was britneys idea) and the new album cover that came from it was the worst idea and stopped the fan’s support and made it obvious that fans weren’t gonna be happy

3. RCA themselves are a terrible label, Miley had a huge internet hype for her era but the songs got stalled on radio, their other pop artists (Xtina, zayn, Normani) are pretty much flops too.

4. They invested more in Vegas than the album cause streaming killed profits, while its much easier to make money from $40 shirts, $200 tickets, and $1000 meet and greets

1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I feel like she was mad because she did promote it. She did many interviews and performances which is just what we’ve always asked her for. 

Of course, when it didn’t do very well, we all jumped at her for not ‘promoting enough’. 

She did promote it. Maybe not in the best ways, but she certainly did quite a lot.

I agree that she did promote it more, but I remember she barely mentioned the album during her biggest interviews/awards. The Billboard Medley should’ve absolutely been a Glory promotion. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I feel like a lot of the “promotion” was more for Vegas than Glory. It wasn’t a usual promo tour of an album, but of her residency. I’m still mad they never bundled Vegas tickets with the albums. I hate that people used it as a cheap tactic, but they could’ve jumped on the bandwagon as well without anyone batting an eye 

1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It was a generic basic dance song that anyone could have sung in 2013, that song doesn't radiate any "BRITNEY SPEARS" vibes at all. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Literally no one besides from pop culture fans and Britney fans still remember that song. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I agree with you about halfway. To me WB is more "Britney" than MM is. Between the 2, WB def has the longevity of being known to certain groups like you say, than MM. IIRC WB was said to have introduced a harder EDM sound to pop music, but that it was also why it didn't click right away as it was too EDM sounding for pop radio.

Edit: I'll say it before anyone else does, that when I say WB sounds more like "Britney", I mean the brand, not referencing Myah lol

I can’t remember their name but a fan who like met her at all her meet and greets and saw EVERY performance talked about this on an “exposing Britney’s team” thread right when news bout free Britney broke. He said the night it the 2016 VMAs he saw Larry and asked him if the were aiming for number 1 for Glory and Larry said something like “no number 5 is good. The focus for Britney isn’t her music anymore. She has new perfumes out and her perfume empire is huge. Music just isn’t that big anymore” and the fan said something about how that just crushed him (amongst a lot of other disturbing stories)

The original Make Me video/photoshoot was a huge loss for money that they never saw back. It makes me wonder if more PR was planned and they cut it due to budget cuts following the cancellation

Glory was probably the most promotion she had did in years. For here in the UK at least..

She appeared on Jonathan Ross for an interview and also performed MM. She appeared on the actual Loose Women show not just the usual interviews which are pre recorded in a room like she did in 2011 for FF. I remember her being on radio a lot during that time. I miss the Glory era.

I honestly blame the single choices. Had she gone with a catchy bop like If I’m Dancing for the first single I think it would have picked up a lot more.

• Super Mods

Seeing how Jamie treated Domination, it’s clear he makes radical decisions that effects everything else. I mean the single was released yet the video didn’t came out till months later so obviously he or the team is bothered by it hence it got axed. 

2 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I can’t remember their name but a fan who like met her at all her meet and greets and saw EVERY performance talked about this on an “exposing Britney’s team” thread right when news bout free Britney broke. He said the night it the 2016 VMAs he saw Larry and asked him if the were aiming for number 1 for Glory and Larry said something like “no number 5 is good. The focus for Britney isn’t her music anymore. She has new perfumes out and her perfume empire is huge. Music just isn’t that big anymore” and the fan said something about how that just crushed him (amongst a lot of other disturbing stories)

The original Make Me video/photoshoot was a huge loss for money that they never saw back. It makes me wonder if more PR was planned and they cut it due to budget cuts following the cancellation

Can you link me to that thread? 

7 hours ago, mystic falls said:

To me it’s obvious that they wanted it to underperform hence they gave us screenshots for the album instead of gorgeous photos we got last year. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Obviously, but why :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:. The Make Me single cover is soooo bad :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:, and the other photos we just got from the same shoot are soooo gorgeous :cheersney_britney_flames_pink_fire:. Why would they want her to  :flop_britney_candies: though.

Archived