blackoutBritney

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

Her most cohesive album

Her second most, but it's close. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

4 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

critics say it isn't "personal", who cares?

Honestly, the term "personal" being associated with sad and slow songs is so outdated. We been knew that album was the best thing Britney and Danja could have done to represent the chaos that was going on back then with so many people scrutinizing her, it may not be represent her now but the great thing about Britney as an artist is while she has acknowledged certain albums more, she hasn't resented them or dissed them, because she knows there was a phase in her life where creating that brought her enjoyment. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

9 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

For me the best is definitely Blackout. Her most cohesive album, the production is amazing, there's not one bad song in it (except for everybody but that's a bonus track), critics say it isn't "personal", who cares? I feel like a bad b***h listening to it. :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

I love “everybody” shut up.

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Honestly, the term "personal" being associated with sad and slow songs is so outdated. We been knew that album was the best thing Britney and Danja could have done to represent the chaos that was going on back then with so many people scrutinizing her, it may not be represent her now but the great thing about Britney as an artist is while she has acknowledged certain albums more, she hasn't resented them or dissed them, because she knows there was a phase in her life where creating that brought her enjoyment. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

True. She made the best out of the probably worst time in her life. The album is timeless and was ahead of it's time, even the critics couldn't handle it. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

17 hours ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

For me the best is definitely Blackout. Her most cohesive album, the production is amazing, there's not one bad song in it (except for everybody but that's a bonus track), critics say it isn't "personal", who cares? I feel like a bad b***h listening to it. :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

Critics hated on pop during the time Britney reigned. The best part is that Blackout is extremely personal to Britney. She WAS ***** bopping it in the clubs back then. Heck, she literally played demos at clubs and was looking at the crowds' reactions. Critics can be blind and stupid. Being acclaimed means nothing when it's just a small closed circle 

4 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

Critics hated on pop during the time Britney reigned. The best part is that Blackout is extremely personal to Britney. She WAS ***** bopping it in the clubs back then. Heck, she literally played demos at clubs and was looking at the crowds' reactions. Critics can be blind and stupid. Being acclaimed means nothing when it's just a small closed circle 

NPR loved Blackout which was weird but okay :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

You’re right about it being a small mostly same-minded circle 

Archived