Do you think Britney will make a comeback?

39 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

idk, this is all I care about :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

who is he??

Its really hard tbh, i get why she doesnt wanna work right now. But i miss her new music so much. Yes we are blessed that she has a massive catalogue and 9 albums but i miss that excitement of new Britney music. i am hoping this year things get sorted with the cship and in 2022 we finally get a new album. 

In terms of a Vegas return, im hoping she doesnt and tours because im disabled and travelling to Vegas just for 1 show isnt worth the trouble for me. She did say the reason she chose to do the Vegas residency was mostly because of her boys being still young. But by the time she does comeback, they'll be like 16, 17 or even 18 by then so im hoping they will be old enough for Britney to go on a world tour again or at least do some touring. i mean, the 2018 tour sold out amazingly so the demand is still there 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Of course. Britney is not working now because of cship and not because she doesn't like her work anymore. When she's free, she'll be back. WW tour I doubt, but I believe in an album (even something really personal to tell her story) and maybe a new vegas residency.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, Britbritnic said:

Of course. Britney is not working now because of cship and not because she doesn't like her work anymore. When she's free, she'll be back. WW tour I doubt, but I believe in an album (even something really personal to tell her story) and maybe a new vegas residency.

I dunno. I think WW will be on cards. The whole world knows about #FreeBritney movement so there is this new interest in Britney again, after a long time. Even Australia, where her last tour was panned so terribly, they are interested in Britney again. So hopefully there will be WW tour, but of course when she is free and wants to do it, which probably will be never. But a boy can only dream! 

• Love 3

Part of me says yes, because regardless of the drama, hardships & controversy that comes with it, she does love what she does. It's almost all she knows, since she was a little girl. She wouldn't be Britney if she didn't at least record music, not even tour.

But another part of me doesn't think so, because this is the most inactive I've seen her in-between eras. She went almost 3 years without an album after Circus, but even then she did the Singles Collection & released '3', plus she was on tour in 2009 for Circus. She released BJ 2 years after Femme Fatale and was on tour for FF for a lot of 2011. And she released Glory 3 years after BJ. I don't remember what she was doing in-between Glory, besides Pretty Girls, but obviously she was doing Vegas, so she was in the spotlight enough that we knew she wasn't just hiding or doing nothing.

Now, here we are. Glory turns 5 years old this summer and since that came out, the only thing she's done, besides the Vegas, is be in headlines for the conservatorship situation, post on Instagram, and re-release Glory with new songs that are really from 2015-2016. At least with FF/BJ & Glory we knew she was in the studio at some point. I don't think she's even seen a studio since possibly 2017.

So we'll see. I'd like to see one last album/era for her. Not a manufactured one with collabs with Billie Eilish & stuff like that, we saw how that worked out with Tinashe & Iggy Azalea. Just Britney and Britney alone. I'd also like to see her work with Danja again & maybe Timbaland, since Danja is/was Timbaland's co-producer anyway.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Brit Brit said:

Part of me says yes, because regardless of the drama, hardships & controversy that comes with it, she does love what she does. It's almost all she knows, since she was a little girl. She wouldn't be Britney if she didn't at least record music, not even tour.

But another part of me doesn't think so, because this is the most inactive I've seen her in-between eras. She went almost 3 years without an album after Circus, but even then she did the Singles Collection & released '3', plus she was on tour in 2009 for Circus. She released BJ 2 years after Femme Fatale and was on tour for FF for a lot of 2011. And she released Glory 3 years after BJ. I don't remember what she was doing in-between Glory, besides Pretty Girls, but obviously she was doing Vegas, so she was in the spotlight enough that we knew she wasn't just hiding or doing nothing.

Now, here we are. Glory turns 5 years old this summer and since that came out, the only thing she's done, besides the Vegas, is be in headlines for the conservatorship situation, post on Instagram, and re-release Glory with new songs that are really from 2015-2016. At least with FF/BJ & Glory we knew she was in the studio at some point. I don't think she's even seen a studio since possibly 2017.

So we'll see. I'd like to see one last album/era for her. Not a manufactured one with collabs with Billie Eilish & stuff like that, we saw how that worked out with Tinashe & Iggy Azalea. Just Britney and Britney alone. I'd also like to see her work with Danja again & maybe Timbaland, since Danja is/was Timbaland's co-producer anyway.

timbaland HATES britney. that will never happen unless he can get over himself

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Strongest said:

If she is up doing Britney Jean like promo, as well as working with Max Martin again, there's no question she could at least have another hit single, as well as a moderately successful album. But honestly, that would be asking a lot from Britney, especially coming from the state she's in now. 

There's more of chance in the nearer future she'll record a few songs with local producers and release them sporadically. I believe this would be even more likely scenario if she has more freedom of choosing who she works with what gets released. There's no doubt she still has a love for singing. If she allegedly hired professional photographers for her own photoshoot, without the team involved (again allegedly),  that allows me to believe there's a better chance of this in the future.

I'm pretty sure she would need her record company involved in either scenario, though

See I think this is what she would be doing now if the #freebritney movement hadn't happened. The fact that she's publicly and legally fighting her current situation gives me hope that she will come back, but on her own terms.

Right now, it seems like she's focusing all her energy where it should be, which is improving her situation. After that, I don't care whether she decides to release singles sporadically, release a surprise video album like Beyonce, or just release music in her own way. I genuinely think she loves performing and gets a rush from it, but wants to do it for her and her own terms, and I think that's when we'll see a real comeback.

As for her record company, I interned at Sony Music from 2009-2011 and I have no doubt that they would be willing to be involved with getting comeback music out

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Agreed. And she deserves another baby, she didn't even get the experience of really raising a family. Realistically, her sons were basically raised by Kfed, and she's approaching the age where it's going to be a difficult pregnancy over 40. As much as a splashy comeback with radio hits and another Vegas show or world tour would be, I think she deserves to have a family experience... Maybe at 45 she will have married Sam & raised a baby & we will get a super huge comeback Emancipation of MiMi style. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

This is what I always believe is her reason, the media tries to paint her as this crazy woman that is needy and obsessed with getting married but she has always said she wanted to be a mother and she put that before being a popstar. Like you said, her biological clock is ticking and while it is possible to have a child at a later age, it does put the child at risk. She always wanted a balanced life, where she can work but also be able to raise a family. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 6:40 PM, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Agreed. And she deserves another baby, she didn't even get the experience of really raising a family. Realistically, her sons were basically raised by Kfed, and she's approaching the age where it's going to be a difficult pregnancy over 40. As much as a splashy comeback with radio hits and another Vegas show or world tour would be, I think she deserves to have a family experience... Maybe at 45 she will have married Sam & raised a baby & we will get a super huge comeback Emancipation of MiMi style. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

This is so on point! I'd rather her be able to get redemption for not being able to properly experience motherhood/parenthood and the overall family experience that she unfortunately didn't get to have due to all the drama/personal struggles she went through in the mid-late 2000s than another album/tour that can wait. Madonna, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson etc have proven that you can have comebacks in your 40s and even 50s. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

While music careers aren't forever, the opportunity to experience pregnancy DEFINITELY isn't. Not everyone is as lucky as Janet Jackson to be able to have a kid in their mid-late 40s.

• Love 2
  • Like 2