This Day in Pop: Britney Spears appears on The Simpsons' episode "The Mansion Family" in 2000 (January 23)

Babf08.png

On January 23, 2000, the twelfth episode of the season 11 of The Simpsons was originally aired. It was titled "The Mansion Family" and it featured the guest appearance of Britney Spears as herself. The episode was written by John Swartzwelder and directed by Michael Polcino.

"The Mansion Family" starts with the Springfield Pride Awards, which are being hosted by the cartoon version of Britney Spears and fictional character Kent Brockman. They present the award for Springfield's oldest citizen to Cornelius Chapman, who dies onstage from a heart attack after Britney Spears kisses him. The award then passes to Mr. Burns, who decides to get a checkup at the Mayo Clinic, leaving Homer in charge of his mansion.

In commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the show, NECA released a collection of figures based on some of the famous guest stars that have appeared throughout the series. A Britney Spears figure was released in the second batch of the collection.

590x-71642_Mini-_Fig-Box-Set.jpg

D_NQ_NP_999287-MLM26455757891_112017-O.j

D_NQ_NP_941143-MLM25618402731_052017-O.j

b92f77575e1c7bb3200021d1ffecc7da.gif

5fV1.gif

You can watch the full episode here.

tumblr-n7xp0k-DCRa1s5jil7o1-500.jpg

bsimpsons.jpg

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Not to sound dumb or anything but

why did it say it was on in 2000 if she recorded it in 1999?

You would think it would air in 1999

I mean, it was January 2000, so it was probably recorded a few months earlier in 1999. Like any other series, they are produced with months in advance, and I suppose with animated series even more since they have to do all the drawings and animation, etc. as opposed to a real-life series which is just acting.

• Like 1

britney was a good appearance on the simpsons..didn't steal the spotlight or use the show to desperately make headlines..it was well received by all.. 

The katy Perry episode is unwatchable..its truly disgusting,  the worst episode hands down..its unbearable..god she was so desperate..its disgusting how much the simpsons has fallen so low..

Also the gaga episode.. god its embarrassing.. I used to like the simpsons but I can only watch the first 12 seasons.. after that its all downhill 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Duff Man said:

britney was a good appearance on the simpsons..didn't steal the spotlight or use the show to desperately make headlines..it was well received by all.. 

The katy Perry episode is unwatchable..its truly disgusting,  the worst episode hands down..its unbearable..god she was so desperate..its disgusting how much the simpsons has fallen so low..

Also the gaga episode.. god its embarrassing.. I used to like the simpsons but I can only watch the first 12 seasons.. after that its all downhill 

I cringed so hard at the GaGa episode... Thought that Simpsons was supposed to be satirical, not lauding/praising the celebrities.

Then again I never liked Lady Gaga for 95% of the time (can only stomach some songs on 2008 "The Fame"; nothing after that interests me) so I was kinda hoping they'd drag her lol

• 11 months later...