Raven Symone supports the #FreeBritney Movement (interview)

Raven has been so open about mental health and normalizing it in the business. She has said over and over how being in that business can mess with anyone. She left for a couple of years to solely focus on that aspect of her life. I think it’s awesome to have someone who doesn’t let the media or even the fans run her life anymore. She says “this is just a JOB, I go home and the weave comes out, the make up comes off and I’m myself. I’m not about impressing managers or fans anymore. I did that and it made me unhappy. Now I do what I WANT to do and if people want to follow me on that journey I’m grateful.” (I’m just paraphrasing) Which I admire SO SO much! She gets crap all the time but the one thing I’ve always agreed with Raven on is taking time for yourself! 

• Love 1

It’s simple, if you have reached the celebrity level that artists like Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Britney Spears have, people do not forgive them until they area death.

Any scandal they had people will hold it agains them til the end. 

once they are gone people realize what the world has lost. Then they like them again.

comparing artists like Justin, Demi, Chris Brown, Selena or even Gaga to Britney is stupid. They never reached her status. Never will. 

hopefully Britney gets freed soon. She did not have a proper comeback yet because she never really left music scene until she decided she was done working.

so hopefully she can be her own artist very soon.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, bas che said:

It’s fishy when only hasbeens are supporting the freebritney movement. It feels like they just want to make a splash at relevancy.

why don’t Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga or a prominent figure of their caliber talk about FreeBritney publicity?

I feel like ppl who are actively in the music business might be silenced by their own teams and be wary of lawsuits etc. Miley had to be very careful when she spoke but thankfully she did.

12 hours ago, MX3 said:

I feel like ppl who are actively in the music business might be silenced by their own teams and be wary of lawsuits etc. Miley had to be very careful when she spoke but thankfully she did.

True but that does not work in Britney’s favour. The biggest two names who support it are Miley and Paris Hilton.

The main problem is that Britney never got to move on from the breakdown. She’s constantly reminded by still being under the conservatorship, also the fact she’s not allowed to speak publicly about it doesn’t help. Let’s not forget the episodes that have Transpire since the breakdown which is not her fault but don’t help public observation. I think if she would have been released after the circus tour we wouldn’t still be talking bout this. 

• Like 2

Nobody will ever reach the height of Britney's fame because it isn't possible anymore. At that time, celebrities were unreachable, and anything about their lives either had to be captured/reported by the press or written in a statement or given in an interview by the artist. The paparazzi were at their peak of harassment (let's not forget that what happened to Britney spurred a lot of new legislation in terms of the paparazzi) & Britney was the MOST wanted woman on the planet. It's just a different time now, celebrities will never reach that level again... Taylor Swift is the closest in terms of longevity and popularity, but nobody will ever have a pack of wolves following them like Britney did. Everything about her situation was exacerbated by the paparazzi. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, HIM said:

Just like Cher said do people who profit from her want her to get better?? 

This is the first problem with the cship shes under bc its for people who cant get better like people with dementia, old and infirm. No one there is worried about her getting better, and If they were they wouldnt have pushed her to work just a couple of months after being placed under a cship. At the time they desperately wanted to clean her image so they could profit off her "comeback" soon enough, even tho she hated that word. Her cship was made permanent the same year it was approved. She was never given a chance to prove herself and try again no matter how successful and stable she seemed. The cship shes under isnt meant to rehabilitate people, since the beginning she didnt have a chance when they were violating her rights time and time again. Those vultures - including her own family - are only worried about her fortune and brand bc they feel entitled to. They all benefit off her misery bc she doesnt have rights, a voice or resources to fight back.