Raven Symone supports the #FreeBritney Movement (interview)

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

I think it has to do with what society was like back then. At least in my country, substance abuse was something very taboo and having mental health problems was considered a weak thing. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:
 Thank God, society has advanced and has stopped judging so much. Sadly, Britney was famous in an emotionally unintelligent generation. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Yeah back then boomers were at their peak while Millennials were too young to do anything and gen Z were babies :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: so Boomers ruled the **** out of that time, so its really not a surprise Britney was treated the way she was. ******* generation.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I'm torn on this, because like someone said, she kinda've did get a 2nd chance. She was the highlight of the 2008 VMA's just by showing up, and released the Circus album literally 11 months after everything really popped off, and was praised by basically everyone that year, plus the Circus Tour was highly successful.

But at the same time, Demi/Bieber weren't made fun of NEARLY as much during or after their personal struggles. I think it's just due to the fact that it was a different time when Britney had her breakdowns, and she was also bigger stars than Bieber & Demi were/are.

• Love 3
  • Like 4